Testosterone Enanthate only cycle - 1st in 14 years of training on/off

What was the average body weight gain on 1st cycle? [All AAS are qualified for poll]

• 10-19 pounds

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • 20-24 pounds

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • 25-29 pounds

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • 30-34 pounds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 35-39 pounds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 40-44l pounds

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters

randy841

Test Enanthate 500MG weekly for 20 weeks

Week 1-20 T/E 500mg wkly
Week 12-20 20mg Anavar (Oxandrolone) daily
Week 23-26 post cycle therapy (pct) on Clomid/Nolvadex

Stats

214 LB
BF 15-20% have not checked
Been training on/off for 13-14 Years.

Primary lifts

Lifts (1 RPM not done lately)
Bench 250-260LB 1RPM (Weakest body part - many shoulder injuries over the years)
Squat - 275LB 10-15 Reps (Knee deep)
Deadlift - 335LB * 5 Reps

All prior cycles have been Creatine/Glutamine

I use(d) those exercises above as key gauges in measuring progress when doing Creatine/Glutamine cycles.

My goals are too put on muscle mass/strength, while at the same time losing body fat. Looking to utilize the ECA cycle, has worked well for me in the past. I am looking to continue cardio as usual to minimize cardio vascular downgrade, as is indicated with general AAS usage.

One compound used only to see how the body reacts. I was planning more than one compound, after reading StoneColdNto, i think that is best idea for newbies like me. More than compound, & if one gets side effects, you won't know what it's coming from.

Furthermore, the research report that postulated that 600mg weekly works best per week for gaining strength, muscle mass, and fat loss -- gives me conviction to go with the single compound - and stick with it in the coming years as a base for all cycles.

FYI looking to add 400-500MG Weekly Eq with 500mg T/E for next cycle by summer of 2011.

For the first time around, I will have Nolvadex on hand, but will not use on a regular basis or anything else. Idea is to strictly run T/E and see the reaction.

DIET - Vegetarian, no meats or fishes, eggs once in a while.

Sources of protein Lentils/cheese/milk/whey

1st injection completed Thursday Nov 25 2010 (2:50am)

Last edited:
Looks like you did your research, but I am 99.9% sure you would be more satisfied with your results if you committed to either bulking or cutting instead of trying to do the both. Just think about it, if you eat clean when you bulk you won't be putting much fat on anyway, and in turn technically more muscle to fat ratio aka leaner. And you will be alot happier with the final outcome, but it all comes down to your choice. :)

Looks like you did your research, but I am 99.9% sure you would be more satisfied with your results if you committed to either bulking or cutting instead of trying to do the both. Just think about it, if you eat clean when you bulk you won't be putting much fat on anyway, and in turn technically more muscle to fat ratio aka leaner. And you will be alot happier with the final outcome, but it all comes down to your choice. :)

Good point. No goal is strictly for strength/muscle mass. As you correctly suggest if i eat right, workout right, then i can gain more muscle than fat. Furthermore, just by the T/E action itself according to the studies, i will cut the fat, if i keep the ratios in check on the diet.

"Test Enan 500MG 12-14 weeks"

2 shots weekly Mon & Fri.

With the half life longer, spreading out the shot by one day. Most cycles that i've read do M/Thurs.

Can these shots be extended even longer (7-10 days) without losing the anabolic/androgenic action of the T/E?

By the time it kicks in i will be in the 3rd week, so i want to possibly extend cycle from 12 to 16 weeks.

Started at 214LB Wednesday on weigh in post workout - night of 1st shot.

Sunday weigh in came in at 223LB. So far not feeling anything. 'Revved up and looking forward to it though.'

2nd shot tomorrow

Training 3 days a week - 2 body parts each workout

All workouts are high intensity
4 sets 1-2 warm for each exercise
Repetitions are 4-12 in a pyramid approach.

Looking to add weight gainers on top protein as i progress. Want to stay lean as possible with clean diet, while looking to yield max strength and muscle mass.

Last edited:
How tall are you?

I'm just finishing up my first test cycle, and love it!

My weight went from 215 to 240 (and still going up!)

I went from benching 275 x 1 to 275 x 5-6.
Squats went from 315 x 5 to 315 x 15.
Deads went from 315 x 8 to 315 x 15.

I'd suggest do strength training for all your BIG 3 lifts for the first 8 weeks and then start alternating between strength weeks and hypertrophy weeks for the remainder of the cycle.

GL, you're going to love it! Make sure you EAT, EAT, EAT!!!! I was kind of hesitant about how much I should eat. I'm very carb sensitive and put on weight very easily so I didn't want to put on fat, I didn't see nearly the amount of gains I wanted to in the first 7 weeks and then I finally changed up my diet and the gains started coming like nuts. Diet is SOOO key.

Gotta get at least 300g of complex carbs and 250g-350g of protein a day.

Best of luck!

You won't notice a jump start in your weight lifting until the 3rd-5th week. After then, every week you should be putting on strength.

If you're really worried about putting on a lot of fat, do 30 minutes of low intensity cardio after each of your workouts.

Last edited:
I see you're a vegetarian. Just curious what your diet looks like? I couldn't imagine ever making it to 200lbs if I didn't eat meat.

What my vegetarian diet looks like on a regular basis

I see you're a vegetarian. Just curious what your diet looks like? I couldn't imagine ever making it to 200lbs if I didn't eat meat.

BREAKFAST
- Whole grain oatmeal (1/4 to 1/2 cup oatmeal in milk w/ 1 tbsp of brown sugar)
- 1 Banana
- Whey Protein Shake Isolate and concentrated mixed up from time to time with 1-2 cups of skim milk (30-40 Grams protein)
- Muffin occasionally

- FYI will start adding 1tbsp of flax seed oil in morning (130 Calories)
-Adding Muscle milk weight gainer this coming week to0 increase the calories/complex carbs/protein levels (4 scoops = 1050+ calories & 53 grams of protein)

LUNCH
Whole wheat sliced bread (4 pieces)
with white mozzarella Cheese (Low fat)/Avocados/Lettuce/Onion/Tomatoes/Low fat whip cream for taste
- Vegetable patties 1-2 (14 Gram protein)
- 1-2 Glasses of milk (8-16 grams protein)

AFTERNOON SNACK
- small handfuls of Almonds/Cashews (Typically repeated randomly all day when feeling hungry)
- A can of red kidney beans 500ml
- 1 & 1 Pears Apples Oranges (depending on season Mangoes/Peaches/Oranges/sweet potatoes and fruits are rotated)

DINNER
- Fresh vegetables cooked ED or EOD such as Cauliflower (with potatoes), Lentils (of various origins - all high in fibre) Broccoil, Carrots (with potatoes), beets, green peas with home made cheese, brown peas with soybean chunks, tofu with peas/mushrooms & spices
- White rice (up to 2 times a week)
- 2-3 Naans white or brown(6-8 grams protein each)
- Home made yogurt from fresh skim milk (made 1-2 times a week--free of sugar)
- Red Kidney beans (fresh & canned) 1-2 cans 500ml each (14 Gram protein per can)

I get great high energy workouts post dinner (almost always train on a full stomach) with the high content of carbs in diet, which is atypical of my diet.

POST WORKOUT (around 12-1am)
- Protein shake
- Banana
- 1 Tbsp Flax seed oil
- 2-4 slices peanut butter sandwich (whole wheat)

On top of that additional Amino acids & Vitamins are supplements daily

- 1 Multi vitamin
- Fish oil capsules (going to replace this with Flax seed oil while on cycle for additional calories)
- 1 Vitamin C chewable
- 1 Vitamin B-12 Tabs 500mcg
- 1 Calcium tab with 1 Vitamin D tab for absorption
- Glutamine/creatine (unless already added to supplements)

2nd Injection completed: after pullout 1-2 minutes of bleeding WHY?

T/E injected into left glute 1cc @250mg, almost on the lateral side with 22 Gauge 1-1/2" needle. I drew imaginary lines, but came too much on the lateral side. When I injected i made typical newbie mistakes. *I did not pull skin. When i pushed in there was pain, unlike my first shot. *Forgot to aspirate. Last time needle went in like butter, this time when about 1/2" needle was still visible, i had to push a little. On the last push i may have pushed off the 90 degree trajectory evident in my first clean shot. I injected nice and slowly. On the pull, may have done too fast - is when the bleeding started fast and furious.

DID I LOSE BLOOD OR ALL THE TEST? I CLEANED WITH TWO ADDITIONAL SWABS AFTER THE FIRST TWO - THEY ALSO GOT SOAKED ... DID NOT FEEL ANY OIL?

At the injection site 90 minutes later a small 1/4 to 1/2" bump/swelling is felt with slightly visible redness.

IS THIS NORMAL AFTER BLEEDING FROM INJECTION SITE?

3rd shot - up 14lb - leg strength ^ significant

3rd shot completed Thursday night, right glute with no difficulty or any bleeding. Mild persistent pain for 2 days after, nothing to hinder workouts however.

Left glute from 2nd shot is slightly bruised from improper technique last monday nov 29. Z technique helped with 3rd shot.

So far noticeable bloat and pumps during and after workout especially shoulder/chest area. After ingestion of meals abdominal area uncomfortable for hours due to bloating.

Workout wise focus is on compound exercises with super sets i.e. bi's/tri's, chest/legs, back/shoulders

4 Sets with pyramid scheme for reps 8 6 4. (Warm ups are not counted)

Body weight is up to 226lb from 212-214 from the first injection. (measured @same time each week after workouts). Noticeable deviation up to +_5lb.

Significant strength is seen in the squat leg press 18*45lb plates for 6-8 reps with full reps. Full reps meaning touching metal to metal. Same is done with leg press, & below the parallel level for squats.

Recovery is also starting to be noticeable, prior to T/E administration after leg day recovery would take up to 5-6 days, now good to go the next day or two. The T/E should really start kicking in the next two weeks as per colleagues here. So looking forward to that, and will keep the gang here posted on my progress, which is a great source of info and help.

Human grade test vs. UG labs test

By the way mentioned my pumps and excessive bloat to a friend, who has dozen of cycles under his belt over the last 15+ years (recommended stacking with Eq to reduce bloating).

Tells me the "excessive bloating" 1 week after first shot may be due to human grade test and fresh receptors, this being my first cycle.

Are UG labs usually under dosed on a relative basis mg for mg?

By the way mentioned my pumps and excessive bloat to a friend, who has dozen of cycles under his belt over the last 15+ years (recommended stacking with Eq to reduce bloating).

Tells me the "excessive bloating" 1 week after first shot may be due to human grade test and fresh receptors, this being my first cycle.

Are UG labs usually under dosed on a relative basis mg for mg?

I think that would fully depend on the UG. I mean if they are a quality lab it seems reasonable to assume that they can get their dosing correct and would choose to considering how many people home brew with success it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to assume that a quality ugl can and does accurately dose to with a reasonable variation.

I've been getting bloat running dbol with test and RJH has talked all over these forums for a while about water retention most often being a result of the diet and I'm starting to understand what he's talking about I first thought I would try to combat my bloat by raising my aromasin dose to blast more estrogen but then with his diet advice in mind I decided to first start with diet tweaks and I've found that I'm reducing the bloat by playing with my diet. The timing of my carb intake and what I eat with the carbs seems to be effecting me as does the timing of my water intake. I lowered the carbs a bit and started cycling them a little differently brought up the protein and started playing with when I take in fluids and low and fucken behold I've been noticing my water retention going down especially in my face major changes there in just a few days of playing with my diet so thanks RJH for getting me to think about it that way.

I think that would fully depend on the UG...considering how many people home brew with success it doesn't seem like that much of a stretch to assume that a quality ugl can and does accurately dose to with a reasonable variation.

Interesting note, wasn't aware of that.

Last edited:
I've been getting bloat running dbol with test and RJH has talked all over these forums for a while about water retention most often being a result of the diet

...I decided to first start with diet tweaks and I've found that I'm reducing the bloat by playing with my diet.

As i am only going into my second full week (4th injection tonight), the bloating is likely to exacerbate, at times uncomfortable in the abdominal region. For that reason, i cut down on the weight gainer shakes in 1/2 on off days and stick to just protein shakes. I will definitely have a read up on RJH and see where i can tweak my diet. Tx bro!

Tue Dec 7 2010
4th shot [left glute] completed with very mild bleeding upon pullout. Still a little shaky when pin in and trying to stay put to inject slowly.

On another note, i see 1ml in the ampules exactly. Upon pull out into syringe, after bubbles/air have been removed -- seeing average .8ML. So i am really only getting 400mg of T/E weekly instead of the 500mg. Pretty common?

2 full weeks tonight (Wed Dec 8) since 1st injection & starting to feel it. With very mild signs of acne the other day (dry skin generally and winter weather helping, however since peak levels are coming in the next 2 weeks, we'll see). In teen years, acne was very bad... i mean very bad. Where the scarring has only totally healed in my mid 20s. I was still on cycles of Accutane in my early 20s.

Trained Bi's & Chest Tuesday night. 90minutes.

Massive pumps are starting to occur. Losing flexibility fast as shoulders/chest area expand rapidly upon workout. Chest/shoulders have always been my strong areas. To top it off for the first time my arms are in sync in terms of the pump and early onset of growth. Due to prior injuries in shoulders/arms, had lost contraction ability in right muscle altogether which came back after a 4-5 year hiatus. I am making the assumption T/E is working at a deeper physiological level by releasing GH to repair the damage done over the years.

Focus is on compound exercises in a pyramid scheme. 3RM are attempted on all exercises to gauge strength. Have always done 1-3RM to see where i am in terms of training/strength.

Left & right bicep each have increased in girth (flexed) by 3/4"

Left Arm @17" -- right on the money
Right 16" 3/8s

Weight 229-232LB

Legs and Triceps trained Thursday night.

Bloating is calming down a little -- to a degree where it is comfortable now. After looking into it - fairly heavy bloating initially after first few shots, some foods at the dinner table were the culprit. Plus to minimize bloating, at the end of each exercise doing a set or two of 10-15 reps - that is helping. Cardiovascular exercise last week or so -- done minimally.

So far progress in leg strength is primarily on a recuperation basis. Next few weeks should tell the tale, as i do the same exercises by keeping a close count on the reps, weight, & how easily they are done.

Machine squats 540lb for 6 full reps (same amount of weight was done prior, but recovery no!)
That was the key gauge in the workout, the rest of the exercises were high intensity. Right knee tendon tear is keeping me off the free weight squats for now. Two years ago looked to get surgery, orthopedic surgeon advised training at the gym post his examination of the quadricep muscles and saw no significant signs of atrophy. For now machine squats are my only options to stabilize the muscle, as i can easily cause further underlying damage to the tendons/ligaments, because the right leg gives out from time to time & is unstable/shaky on the way up & down. With machine exercises the moves are more closely kept in check.

Triceps - close grip bench (free weight) 4 reps 210lb

On a side note, a few more friends are starting to notice the difference. After the first 2 injections, visible bloat led a few to believe something was underway.

Next few weeks (or may wait into the end of the cycle), I am looking closely at the skin for acne or any signs of gyno as T/E threshold peaks. Closer examination primarily at the superficial level to see if i should add Dbol for about 6 weeks to really kick it up a noche or two - up to 30-40mg daily. I am not afraid of a little acne, however gyno is another story (for which i have Nolvadex (10mg) on hand).

Last edited:
5th injection - BACK PAIN?????? T/E causing this?

5th injection Right-Glute completed 2:45am Dec 12, 2010 - a little bleeding for a few minutes - a drop every 30 seconds or so.

FYI: IMI is exactly 3 days apart not set days.

At the physiological level - i am definitely starting to feel it. On the face i see slight acne (not white heads) and redness. No topical treatments necessary yet, may pick up something from shoppers though just as a precaution (got topical Vit A on hand different strengths also).

The pumps are amazing. Upon starting workout and few sets later, i feel like a Mack truck literally. I can push & push without getting tired at all.

Saturday evening trained Back & Shoulders. Prior to workout 1 Aspirin (325mg), Caffeine (200mg), and Ephedrine (8mg) ingested.

SHOULDERS
Military press 145lb 8*10 no problem. I can push higher, however i want the muscle and the body to assimilate to progressive strength. Btw, that strength is not atypical on this cycle. I been doing that for years just on Creatine/Glutamine cycles, albeit the pumps.

Upright rows 145lb 8-10 (weight not increased due to lower back pain... read below)

Shrugs 3*45 + 25 (back problem started into 1 hour of training)

BACK
T-bar (supersetted with military presses) 3*45lb for 8-10reps

Dumbbell rows 125lb *6-8 reps no problem. With CM/Glu have done 160lb single hand rows. So looking for that break through in that respect before i count any progress on T/E.

Slight problem is indicated on the lo:scratchhewer back. I am not sure if it is pumps or pain from leg day. This is 2 weeks consecutive post leg workout (started using belt Mon for heavy compound exercises). I am not sure the lack of the belt is to blame, as i am not doing more weight. Heavy squats/deadlifts did without belt - no problems. However, the lower back pain is something new. Near completion even holding 25lb dumbbells for front raises causes excruciating pain in the back. I've never had that in all my years of training, even on CM/Glu cycles. For that reason could not do dead lifts today. Btw my technique is generally very strict, otherwise the same lifts mentioned above, i could easily do more. Any opinions?

Last edited:
Usage of public facilities and general etiquette

If a weight is sitting on the floor left by someone else [after careful observation to see if someone is using it], i pick that up first as a lot of people fail to put back their weights generally. I figured kill 2 birds with 1 stone. Clean up the weights since i am using that specific weight, and do my routine.

Anyways, as I was doing dumbbell rows (125lb), a gentlemen comes up to me, 'tells me that its his weight after i had done 2 sets already', because he had used that 10-15 minutes prior. I am not an easily agitated guy, however that really got my blood boiling. The same gym has been my second home since late teens, when newbies come in and try to show who's boss, that is something else. I told him he could either pick up the other 125lb or just share with me, but no. 'It's his weight and he had to have that dumbbell'.

FYI Body weight is surpassing 232-234lb (^18-20lb since 1st IMI). I am also increasing protein intake on training days, as the bodies needs increase over the coming weeks.

I may easily hit 247-250 at the current rate IMO in the coming weeks at this rate.

Back