Testosterone Enanthate only cycle - 1st in 14 years of training on/off

What was the average body weight gain on 1st cycle? [All AAS are qualified for poll]

• 10-19 pounds

Votes: 43 53.1%
  • 20-24 pounds

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • 25-29 pounds

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • 30-34 pounds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 35-39 pounds

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 40-44l pounds

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
On a further note, happy to be doing only 1 compound on 1st cycle cycle as per StoneColdNto suggestions to all newbies. I planned this for 2004, when i first spoke to SCN and gang here, and doing it in 2010.

Great muscle mass & strength results so far going into 5th week Wed night. By the way, his posts & research (studies on T/E) are what lead me to only 1 compound and T/E. Thanks StoneColdNto. Whatever i am feeling, going through, i.e. side effects, i know where to point fingers at instead of using 2-3 different compounds and not knowing.

I've been following this thread closely as I will be starting my first cycle of Test. e. on Jan. 3rd. 2011. full of great info.

Any advice for a "needlephobe"? also wondering about flue like symptoms I've heard about?

Thanks in advance for any advice?

Cheers,
R.

Any advice for a "needlephobe"?

also wondering about flue like symptoms I've heard about?

Hey WeztCoast,

no flu like symptoms or anything resembling it on T/E that i have experienced or heard of so far. However, I have read on other substances doing that though i.e. Tren cough/flu etc. With T/E we are basically replacing endogenous test with exogenous, as such it is something that very closely resembles our own makeup. Being a long ester, it will hit you slowly, so less chance of it causing any unexpected reaction. I believe Test propionate more likely to cause flu like symptoms.

"needlephobe": I think this is more of a fear than anything else. On my first injection, i hardly felt a thing, other than struggling to get T/E out of the ampule because of bad technique. Hardest was the anticipation, i.e. thinking how much it is going to hurt.

My advice just go slow and steady -- then IMI should be no problem.

First, i always take a shower to prevent any type of bacteria infection. Furthermore, for first timers stick to glutes intramuscular injection. Easiest and safest. The next day or two you will feel mild pain. Nothing unbearable. If need be, take a Aspirin or Tylenol. After a few weeks even the mild pain becomes second nature.

Of the 8 injections, only had problem with one. Missed aspiration that day, then bled for a few minutes. Also for that very reason glutes are the safest for first timers even if a mistake is made.

Take a look at:
SpotInjections.com

Best of luck bro, keep us posted on how your cycle goes!

Last edited:
3rd day on Nolva 10mg

Plan to continue with Nolva @ 10mg until all signs disappear for the next 5 days.

Took another 10mg Nolva this afternoon (2:27PM). All signs or indications of puffiness are gone. Even the tiny lump felt beneath the nipple reported yesterday is all but gone. No sensitivity or anything else felt.:beertoast

BW 236-239lb last few days. Reduced food intake a little, especially weight gainers, more whey protein. After tonight back to normal in terms of eating.

Even though the weight is steady, what i have gained in the chest and shoulder area is becoming more solidified. Especially the shoulders and trap muscles, they are pumped at all times.

Even though the weight is steady, what i have gained in the chest and shoulder area is becoming more solidified. Especially the shoulders and trap muscles, they are pumped at all times.

With Nolva intake the pumps in the muscle are not to the same degree. Any water bloat is also significantly down. This was my 3rd day on 20mg 10mg 10mg.

Also noticed constantly watery eyes Monday night, not sure if it was because of Nolva or lack of sleep on boxing day.

Last edited:
Wed night (Dec 29) going into 5th week on T/E 500mg wkly

9th injection completed right buttock (Dec 29 2:41am). Aspirated. Had cramp in right obligue/lat right after insertion. Became shaky. Post injection saw a little blood inside syringe. Bled just a little post pullout. Pressed on it -- no problems

45 minutes prior to workout (also aids in reducing water bloat & fat ankles :dance2:
1 Caffeine 200mg
1 ASA 325mg
1 Ephedrine HCL

Tues night trained Chest/Bis

CHEST
Flat bench (Free weight)
A few warmups
1 185lb*10
3 225lb*8 (8 reps becoming much easier, could have gone higher, no spotter till later)
1 275lb*1 reps (Personal best)
1*285lb*1 (failed)

At this rate of growth and incremental muscle mass and strength increase on a weekly basis so far, i am likely to go beyond my personal set goals of being able to bench 295lb -- likely around 315-345lb. The 1 RM was done post 1 hour into exercise awaiting spotter. I am training fairly heavy, low volume, & primarily compound exercises.

Incline Dumbbell press
4 sets 80lb each *6-8 (a little shaky here today - not sure if Nolva or ephedrine/caffeine, which from time to time gives me the shakes)

Dips
2 sets weighed belt 4 reps each
2 sets BW 8-12

Decline Bench Press (free weights)
4 *225lb 5-7 reps

BI'S
EZ Curl Barbell curls
2sets with 45lb each side
(think bar 15 or 25lb - not sure) so either 105lb or 115. Anyways weight on bar felt higher. Due to elbow pain kept weight down for 6 reps

2 sets 85/95lb *8-10

Alternating dumbbell curls
2*45lb 8each
1*40lb 8-10
1*30lb 9 each

Pullups
2 sets 6-8 reps

Forearms
Wrist curls (fairly exhausted by this time) 105lb 105lb 95lb 50lb

No abs/cardio

Overall felt great especially in the shoulders chest area, other than some elbow pain only present during curling movements. No noticeable anomalies to report today other than those reported in post above because of Nolva intake.

Btw no back pain at all, that has been a reoccurring theme last few weeks.:blue:

4th day Nolva

This was my 3rd day on 20mg 10mg 10mg.

4th day on Nolvadex 10mg (3:32PM). No signs of puffiness, other than itchiness on middle of chest, and once in a while in the nipple area.

Also notable since last week are sudden bursts of irritation upper back, no signs of acne, redness, or any visible skin irritation. Due to loss of flexibility hard to even soap the back post workouts, because of massive pumps in upper body. Not hygiene issue IMO, nevertheless notable as T/E kicking in at full throttle with 5 weeks of accumulation tonight.:cool:

BW steady 238lb this morning.

Nolvadex ended after 4 days 20mg 10mg 10mg 10mg

No symptoms or anything present after 4 days of Nolvadex usage.

Wanted to minimize any external usage of SERM's or anti-estrogen's unless needed and only run T/E 500mg wkly alone. Accordingly, i will stick by that plan. Dosages are not excessive at all.

Nolvadex Side Effects
"Unfortunately, Nolvadex isn´t perfect. Anecdotally, it has been linked to reduced gains in some bodybuilders. This isn´t due, as previously thought, to its reducing estrogen levels (which it doesn´t), but rather to it´s ability to possibly reduce IGF (Insulin-like-Growth-Factor) levels, which are important for muscle growth."

"Unfortunately, Nolvadex isn´t perfect. Anecdotally, it has been linked to reduced gains in some bodybuilders. This isn´t due, as previously thought, to its reducing estrogen levels (which it doesn´t), but rather to it´s ability to possibly reduce IGF (Insulin-like-Growth-Factor) levels, which are important for muscle growth."

There is up to 20% reduction in IGF-1 levels with Nolvadex usage. Unless necessary, best to avoid.

Five wks completed Dec 28, 2010 BW ^24-26lb

Thursday evening trained Legs/Tri's

1 hour prior
1 325mg ASA
1 8mg Ephedrine HDL
No caffeine (become too shaky with it, best kept for cardio)

15m Stairmaster prior to workout
started at level 5 - interval, could only stay at that level for 3min. Stairmaster is done on a 1 step skip basis (i.e. like lunges). After 3 minutes the pumps in legs were unmanageable. Thereafter, continued with levels 3 2 1 until 15m completed. Endurance is not a problem, in fact i have noticed it has increased from prior weeks [red blood cell count ^?]. Yesterday did legs/tri's/abs for 3 hours no problem, and was still going strong.

ANOMALY
While doing the cardio not only do the legs get pumped, where they feel like they will explode so does the rear back. One of the recurring themes i have noted in logs is the back pain. Some days it is hard to distinguish pain or pumps during and post workout. More likely the latter, however after workouts its likely to be painful. In all my years of training never had back problems. Accordingly, its definitely the T/E. During workout or post heavy leg workout didn't feel a thing in the back.

LEGS
Leg Press (Smith machine)[By the way for those wondering if Smith machine makes this easier than the regular free weight squat, yes it does. Anywhere from a 15-25lb advantage. I have tried equivalent weights on both. Only difference is bar goes up straight up and down, which gives the advantage]
A few warmups
2*195lb*10
2*285*8
1*355*5
1*375lb*2 [NEW PERSONAL BEST](all sets reported are done parallel or below parallel)

At this rate of strength increase, i am potentially looking at 450-500lb squats in 4-8 weeks. I have done personal bests of 345lb in the past, prior to any T/E usage. As i have indicated a few times in these logs, my weakness has always in bench press strength and arm growth (especially right). To top it off various injuries here and there outside gym have not helped.

Stiff leg dead lifts

2*185*10 - 12
2*235lb * 8

Calves (sitting)
4 sets
3sets*45lb(225lb) * 6-8 (all three angles are done to hit the outer inner calves in a super set approach)
1set* 4 45s * 8-10 reps
1set* 3 45s * 8-10 reps

Leg curls
4 sets, supersetted with lower weight for max pump. Weight employed 110lb to 210lb.

Hamstrings (lying down machine always preferred over sitting)
4 sets same approach as leg curls applies
110lb then say 70lb or 50lb for max pump

TRI'S
Close grip bench
4 sets* 205lb*6-8 reps (Usually always stop short of the squeeze when all the way up. Today tried that with squeeze when bringing it back up -- like trying to flex the tricep muscles, got exhausted much faster than usual and better pump. Most advise against locking elbows, however if weight relatively light -- much better effect)

Machine Skull crushers
4 sets *80lb 70lb 60lb 50lb for 8-10 reps

Overhead dumbbell presses
3 sets 75lb 95lb 95lb 8-10 reps

Dips w/ BW (was toasted by this time, so not weighted with belt)
3 sets 6-8

Abs
Roller wheel
3 sets *12 9 and 8 reps (have only done this once before, much more effective then crunches manually or machine)

BW is steady @237-240 - but getting stronger on a weekly basis. The bloat is not uncomfortable anymore as the body has got used to it, and i avoid eating certain foods prior to workout. Abdominal cavity does not stick out any more either. Body weight has been steady for the last 2-3 weeks. Eating just as much, however more on workout days. Manipulating the intake of shakes.

Great log bro, one of the best Ive seen up here. Just did my first test cycle with test enth 500 mgs/wk. Gained a solid 12-15lbs trying to stay as lean as possible. Keep up the great work and train hard. Def following...

I thought I was the only person doing close grip bench.def liking that.lovin the detail of the log man nice work.

Hey man, amazing log. Please don't be like everyone else and start a log and finish it haha

Any pics?

Also, how is your bf looking?

Cheers and good luck

Also, what are your daily calories/macros? Sorry, but couldn't seem to find it mentioned.

Great log bro, one of the best Ive seen up here. Just did my first test cycle with test enth 500 mgs/wk. Gained a solid 12-15lbs trying to stay as lean as possible. Keep up the great work and train hard. Def following...

Nicely done Vic. I am just doing a bulking cycle, hoping to stay lean. However, i don't think possible as i am going for muscle mass and strength. So unless a little compromise, not possible.

Furthermore, for me this 1st cycle is purely to see physical and physiological response to see what happens and what i go through, in preparation for more advanced cycles in the future.

Back