The '15 Bronson Fuck off and Farewell Tour

day 4 in on the halo, took my second dosage of the day at 20 mg on an empty stomach an hour and a half before training..

mentally it felt i had a one track mind, really focused and ready to get into the gym and fucking get down with banging it out

the last 20 minutes of the commute, i had put on some music and was getting goosebumps from walking through and visualizing the things i wanted to accomplish

felt super energized and really aggressive.. i tend to be aggressive anyway, i never had to take AAS to boost my drive or competitive nature.

the opposite, i have to watch my temper and emotional reactions on any AAS especially with tren.. the aggression from halo felt nothing like tren aggression to me, with tren i stay in a shitty mood and almost look for things to justify being pissed.. with halo there was none of the tren negativity, just pure drive and focsus

all i wanted was to get in the gym and go off, this shit had me chomping at the bit and all i wanted to do was blast

there isn't anyway to describe it other than pure adrenaline buzz. the closest i can compare it to is the heightened awareness and energy levels you get from a fight / flight response similar to getting into a street fight you didn't see coming - except rather than last 20-40 minutes, it kicked on and stayed on for at least four hours..

they warmed him up with pads while i went to work on a floor length 200 lb heavy bag. i noticed halfway though the round the other fighters were stopping their training to watch me abuse the bag.. i was folding that big heavy fucker with body shots, and tossing it around on the chains with straight right hands.. landing enough where i could feel the stress in the bones of my forearms from connecting..

after the first round my hands were throbbing from pounding them, i had the handlers tape my hands up over my wraps. i haven't beaten on heavy bag like that since my early twenties.

the trainers jokingly asked me if i had a rough day, unusually intense and quiet. i explained i have been under a lot of stress, and rather than engage int he usual banter just worked the bag over like it owed me money and stayed quiet.

at the last minute the handlers decided that with his shin being baked from banging my elbow, we wouldn't do full thai boxing, nothing but hands and clinching. they said he couldn't afford any shin contact with him sorting out a bruise so close to defending his belt.. in other words, they saw i was in a mood and a little intense and didn't want to chance a dick measuring contest with kicking each while their man had a fucked up shin. whatever

so without any kicking and having to fight from southpaw, i was at a pretty big disadvantage.. my boxing hands are set up from orthodox, right hand.. taking away my left kick is easily 60-70% of my offense from southie

rounds 1-8

from the opening bell i clinched with him, tossing him around with my size and strength advantage. he landed a couple good knees on my short ribs that stung, but every bit of pain and fatigue i felt in there was well overshadowed by the desire and drive i had to push as hard as i could.. i threw him to the mats several times when he would throw knees, pancaked his ass pretty hard a couoletimes, hooking my glove behind his leg when he pulled up the throw a knee.. he abandoned any offense in the clinch and concentrated on keeping his center of gravity lower than mine to keep from being chucked.. i started wrapping him in a hammer lock and folding him backwards, flattening him onto his back into the mats.

he was busy inside with punches, i waked through everything and clinched for the first few rounds just enjoying flexing and using my strength.. I'm strong for my weight division and have him by over 20 lbs, he's very strong for his division.. but physically mismatched with me in the clinch

the handlers complained after the third round, saying there was no way anyone is his weight class would manhandle him like that.. and for him to ne getting pounded into the mats over and over was risking injury.. i was asked to shift gears and try to find holes in his defense with counter punching and combos.

i bitched a littl bit, im not set up for fucking southpaw with my boxing hands, but ok.

rounds 5-6

i shot for holes and threw punches in the middle of his flurries, punching with him instead of waiting to land a counter at the end of whatever he was throwing.. a couple good straight lefts snapped his head back, he started using really poised head movement and slipping those to dig to my body..

i think it was the 6/7 round he stepped in and dug hard with a straight right to my body, i launched a left hook ( from southpaw remember) that caught him on top of the head and wobbled him. his trainer threw a fit, " you're going to fuck this fight up for him - less power with busier hands!!"

that pissed me off. he was right, really, and I'm usually very professional, so I'm going to attribute it to the halo. the next few exchanges, i threw counters as hard as i could but shot for hitting him on the arms and the delts. i hit him on the shouder and knocked him over onto one foot where he had to dance a jig to get both feet back under him. the handlers laughed. the trainer started bitching again. the man in front of me nodded, understanding i was showing him.. i could really fucking hurt you if i want to.

meanwhile this kid is ripping good combos on me while I'm standing southpaw and can't use my main weapon - my left shin. eighth round i coasted and let him just work me over. i wasn't really feeling anything, the power got from the halo felt like my body was abet o take anything this guy could throw.. i was breathing so heavy i sounded like a race horse but i didn't feel winded. thirty sends left in the 8th round i got grumpy, clinched him and did a hip throw that spiked his head and shoulder into the mat heavy. he didn't take the fall very well and got up slow.. bell rang before there was another exchange..

I'm supposed to fly out with this guy for his fight and sit in the corner. a very big show of respect from him and his camp. after mondays workout, won't be surprised if something does come up and i find myself uninvited for whatever reason. I've been a good sport with this guy and his camp , he's a good kid and i like him.. but being this is my last hurrah - i feel like for what I'm being paid - he just had to take some fucking abuse as I'm on my way out and this might be the last impression i leave him and everyone in his gym with..

hes a good fighter, very tough very talented.. was just my way of saying goodbye - to show him and everybody else in there - i would fucking wreck you if i turned on and wasn't wiring out with you to make you better.. if this turned into a head butting contest, you'd be done bud

i fucking love halo

I've had to ice may hands, for the first time in years because of the aggression nd explosive power its given me in training.

it gives all the strength power and aggression i had once hoped i would get from th vaunted trenbolone.

tren is useless for boxing. it murders stamina so bad - you might as well try to box with a roll of duct tape wrapped around your mouth like a fucking kidnapping victim

without stamina, without being able to breathe - all the aggression and power of tren is a complete bust for any kind of athletics.

couple guys have bagged on PSL/ europharm

all i can say is they didnt know me from fucking adam - but they've treated me right from day one, and there is zero possibility the gear i have is bunk shit. I've run enough pharm grade test on trt to know how i feel from low levels to mod levels to being fucking sky high through the roof

I've had shitty joint problems, an elbow in particular, that if this deca was under dosed - the low amount I'm boosting every week wouldn't give me shit for relief.

ill get my bloodwork done in a couple weeks to dial in my ai.. running letro for the first time and think my e might be climbing, i need to stay on top of that.. and PSL said they will reimburse me with free gear/ discounts for running bloods and posting them publicly - so that shit is happening

that god damn halo is making me go fucking berserk in training, i get goose bumps and hot flashes - its a total adrenaline dump onto my system that last for fucking hours. I'm going to bump up from 20 mg twice a day to just chomping all 40mg for pre workout.

if anybody has ever wanted to try halo , or you fucking love halo already..
get with PSL and order your gear. the shit is like slamming a can full of popeyes spinach

20 mg on an empty stomach two hours before i train and i feel like a demi god.

losing a step or two in speed is something i can't do much about but my reflexes are still up to par, and with this cycle now kicked in i am stronger and more powerful than i have ever been with a lifetime of experience to push my way through whatever comes up..

i have signed up for an open mat sparring session at a local gym i haven't been to in a few years, not a paid venture with a specific fighter prepping for an event, but a gym full of fighters from amateur to professional in every weight class from lightweight to super heavy. no idea who or what ill have in front of me.. one of their better fighters was destroyed by a stablemate of mine who i used to dominate in workouts. this was years ago, times have changed, this guy has improved while i have declined with age..

they know who i am , know I'm getting old and getting out after the summer is up. they were shocked when i called and told them i was looking for work with sparring parnters.. i don't have any friends in there.

if i had to make a wager, they'll have someone take a shot at putting me down and out at some point just for the bragging rights

im an old man and all i have left is my reputation. they want to talk some shit on me after I've walked away , they'll have to earn the fucking right.

win lose or draw, lets give everybody something to talk about.

see how it goes

Awesome feedback CB... you're a beast man!

I'm stepping on the Halo train soon with a sample pack to see what it's all about.
After reading that, I can't fucking wait!

Keep smashing it bud.

BigBen

Awesome feedback CB... you're a beast man!

I'm stepping on the Halo train soon with a sample pack to see what it's all about.
After reading that, I can't fucking wait!

Keep smashing it bud.

BigBen

PSl/ europharms Halotestin is no Mother McFucking joke Big B

when i say the only thing i can compare halo to is an adrenaline buzz - I'm saying you feel as powerful and energized/ focused as if you just got into a street fight.. your body feels light, you feel powerful, you just want to push hard..

personally, i feel fucking unstoppable once I'm in my zone and pushing hard.. its a place i think all athletes fighters get to mentally, where you're so mentally focused there isn't any room for doubt or second guessing, your training just takes over and you trust yourself and let your body go..

with the halo in my system, its like i live in that space where i feel fucking invincible - and i stay that way for HOURS

on thé way to the gym weds mike43..

fucking wolf flesh/ goose bumps I'm so fucking amped to train

it felt almost like the anticipation of knocking off a new piece of pussy that you know is there for the taking

i havent gotten adrenaline rushes just from the anticipation of driving to the gym since i was in my twenties. this halo is now my favorite AAS

this gym is full of different guys.. from am to pro , from lightweights to super heavy

the two fighters i anticipated brawling with are absent. i dk, seems a little odd.

theres a yoked up black dude, maybe 6'2 and 210 lbs sporting what looks like prison muscles.. i keep catching him looking at me out of the corner of his eye, side of his head

I've dialed in on him as the guy they've probably chosen to test me.

warm up was drills, combinations back and forth on the gloves and body.. some low kicks and knees, then defensive drills.

a waste of my fucking time. the trainer running this class hasn't been alive for much longer than I've been doing thai boxing. he knows his shit, but he's thai influenced and I'm dutch trained, thanks for sharing and all - but this old dog isn't trying to learn any new tricks, i don't need any fucking pointers.

down to sparring, and its... unbelievably ( unproductively ) polite and controlled. they keep pairing me up with the smaller guys, and the amateurs. the little guys are quick, but inexperienced.. i use feints and miscues to move them around and fool them into thinking I'm quicker than i am.. and i am watching tyrone clock me from across the mats, he's being given a good look at how i set up and move.. so i turn southpaw after the first couple rounds and stay that way to give him more to think about.

matched up with a black guy now, that has come not o one of my gyms before. super heavyweight, older guy ilk eme.. good dude. i ask him if we can go a little harder so i can break a sweat, he smiles and tells me i can set the tempo. i smile back and chop a his leg check with a hard low kick that cracks across his shin through the pads.. this guy is a a real fighter, we've known each other for years and suddenly I'm really enjoying my workout..

we clinched and being the much smaller man, I'm able to get under him and roll my hips to toss him my shoulder.

+1 for bronson throwing a 260 lber into the mats..

we touch gloves after he gets up. knocks me aournd punching me on my arms and shoulders, lands a body punch that makes my grandpa grunt in his fucking grave.. then he throws a hard kick across my arms. i grab his kick and chop his supporting leg, not hard enough to hurt him, but enough to pancake his big ass. he beats on me with his size and strength, lands a hard left that rattled my fucking teeth, i nod to him and we both smile. good dude, good boxer. rounds over. this is fun..

i feint and shoulder shake my way through a few more amateur guys, landing clean shots, sharp counters when they start flailing, trying to be careful not to hurt anybody.. everything smooth and measured. i am a professional, they acknowledge me with nods and grins.. good group of kids, really. you don't find too many assholes in this sport, honestly, those guys with big egos get crushed at some point and just can't stand the heat of coming back..

me and tyrone are paired off now, just happens we get paired off right at the very end of the night..

oh yeah what are the chances of that?

kinda funny, i knew this was coming 10 minutes after walking in here.

he comes out with a hard look on his face, waiting on the bell to start the round.. i wanted to say " I'm not scared of your blackness, or your ugly - what else you got?" instad i just smiled. i used to smile at weigh ins and at referee instructions in the middle of the ring. i never come out hard, i don't have to fake the funk lads.. and when you have a guy trying to stare you down and you just smirk or grin - it tells him, you aren't intimidating me, this is why I'm here. i wish we could have gotten down with this an hour ago.

he asserts himself not by throwing hard, but by using his speed and moving in and out.. everything he throws is sharp and shaping, he's breathing with every shot he throws. couldn't make this a little more obvious eh? he's ben in here all night and NOW he starts breathing with his shots.. cute. he isn't throwing anything with ko power, but with his combinations/ movement his intention is to shut me down - get of his shots and deny me landing any god damn thing at all. this kid is trying to make me look bad.

i switch to right right handed and grin. yeah buddy, I've been playing with everybody else in here, but I'm going to box with you.

he's very fast, but his combinations and movements tell me he's not anything above a polished amateur or rank professional level . hes getting off his shots with his athleticism, but he's repetitive and predictable.. landing body punches on me , I've checked a couple of hard kicks from him.. but even in the first round i see everything he's throwing , he's not putting any dents in me, i can absorb those shots i see coming without taking any damage.. also, his defense is so repetitive.. i just keep pinging hard right hands off his gloves, moving him back just punching him on his guard.

I've got this guy. he's doesn't know it yet but he is done.

only one round left with this kid in front of me, I already know what I'm going to do to him.

spent the first round throwing hard right hands that he took on his gloves. he tried to parry a couple of them and i snuck through his parries, he has to glove up and just take the leather on his gloves..

he thinks he's shutting down my offense, but actually I'm very good at making everything " look the same"

second / final round i feint loading up on that right hand I've been showing all night, then i just push my glove into his face moving him back and drop a hard right low kick across his lead leg. it feels like I just kicked a hot water bottle instead of a heavy bag, he didn't se it coming and that kick just sunk in all the way to his femur.. he made a cute face when it landed. i step over to my right as soon as i recover, just in time for his wild overhand right to be a fucking air ball. i show him the same combination again - feint loading up on a hard right hand, he picks up his lead leg to check my kick.. and instead of chopping his leg, i slide my left foot in and over and swing a hard left hook to his body that lands behind his elbow just under his ribs. i thumped the fuck out of his liver..

he folds up and bring his elbows in, i clinch his head and push him even further down - take a short skipping stutter step over with my left foot and drop my right knee with all my body weight into the exact spot on his thigh where i just landed that hard low kick. he grunted. his leg is dead. he's fucked now.

i feel like fucking hannibal, i love it when a plan comes together.

clocks running, but I've got another minute and half to toy with this guy.

I've got his lead leg in a bucket. he can barely pick his foot off the mat and drags it around. his in and out movement that he tried to shut me down with , is completely fucking gone now. i have a large stationary target to tee off on - as the saying in thai boxing goes

" put his foot in a bucket, then abuse him"

he can't take any more shots on that thigh, everything i do or feint - he has to react to it, picks his leg up into a check to protect his quads from being hammered.. he has to. both of those shots got through without him seeing them coming in.. that kick was hard, but that god damn one knee was like being hit with thors hammer. maybe some of you have experienced this - where you hit someone and its kind of of like " ewwww.."

it was that kind of a shot

i draw his leg check with feints and land another body shot. he anticipated it and didn't take too much damage. he's resigned into being a meat bag. so now instead of brawling ill just make him look bad. i draw that leg check again and chop my kick low underneath his guard, chop his supporting leg through his check. he does half a split, but still tried to club me with that wild overhand right. he looks terrible throwing off balance like that

he tries to clinch, i slap knee his battered leg and when he takes his weight off it, i spin him over my hip into the mat and throw a kick over his head when he lands.. in thai boxing you're allowed to throw people down and kick them, only stop throwing when the referee steps in between you or pulls you off.. so we practice throwing people down and hitting them, without making contact

when i threw the kick over his head, i could hear " ohhhs! from the other fighters.

he went down hard..

i walked over and put my glove out, help him back up to his feet. he smiles for the first time, giving me the "nod"

now he is almost friendly.

short hour and a half long workout. I've ben asked back, asked if i want to join their gym. everybody is very nice, it is a nice facility and the level of boxing and training is actually very good.

i hit the weight room on my way home.. the fuckign halo makes me feel like a demi god

the consensus is that halo doesn't make you gain mass/cut weight

i don't see HOW with the intensity of your training going so far through the fucking roof - how in the fuck do you NOT cut or NOT make fucking gains when all you want to do is chop people down and pick up heavy shit.

i love the way it makes me feel

so i boxed for an hour and half then went hit the weights.

i did some push ups and pull ups to warm up.. still felt nice and loose from training..

there was a kid in there lifting late at night that id talked to a couple times, i asked him for a spot and he jumped in..

i put 270 on the bar and pushed it 4x

i got that two more times for three sets total..

the most weight I've ever benched, the closest I've ever come to even trying for a one rep max.

i wonder what my max would be, any thoughts?

i spaced those sets out by a minute or more, waited until my heart rate came down each time between sets...

some of you big swol fuckers probably laughing at that kind of weight, but I'm maybe 187 lbs right now and I'm not a god damn weight lifter. so fuck you, thats a lot of weight for me.

i went to hit military presses for a new PR, but felt a twinge in my shoulder when i was warming up with just a plate.. so i stuck with the 190lbs I'd already pushed last week,i was fucking tired anyway.. still felt pretty good..

today I'm sore as fuck, trying to focus on work is difficult. might try to go in and box tonight, feel like i need to stretch out and do some pads/ bag work to help stay on track..

probably should just fucking rest, but I'm just having too much fun with the halo to sit it out..

the older i get, the fewer things hold excitement or wonder for me.

only a very few things left for me that i truly enjoy and that i like at this age.

pussy , fighting, reading and writing..

in that order.

3 js has my diet on point.. I'm down a little less than two pounds in one week, never feeling hungry or depleted and always feeling strong with plenty of stamina in the gym. that guy is a fucking wizard..

been invited back to brawl friday.

no boxing tonight, so stretched out some soreness in the swimming pool with 30 laps, then hit the weight gym.

did 3 sets of pull ups to warm up..

then hit t bar rows with 6 plates for 6-8 reps.. 4 sets

face pulls on the cables with the rope handles

and finished with rear delt flys on the machine

should feel it in the morning, without it being too much for me to brawl tomorrow night.

they've gotten look at me , wondering now if they'll try to recruit me to their gym or beat me up.

lets take our big fuzzy balls back in there and find out

Bronson how often do you spar at 100% effort

How often do you think a person who is doing this as a hobby should spar at a 100% effort as opposed to 50% or 75%?

Bronson how often do you spar at 100% effort

How often do you think a person who is doing this as a hobby should spar at a 100% effort as opposed to 50% or 75%?

i went 100% with th brother darkness a couple weeks ago. i have a talented super middleweight going 100% with me this week. these guys trying to wobble me/ knock me out in the gym to prep for their fights. i wobbled both of those guys, they diffinately suffered concussions. head gear just protects you form cuts - your brains are still sloshing aournd inside your skull with every little jolt. I've had three concussions in two weeks. this isn't a joke.

for a hobby.. don't do it

look up the information on what kind of brain damage you incur. its real.

i have issues with headaches, memory, and misplaced aggression. sometimes i get so angry for no reason, over nothing, i go lock myself in my room like a fuckign werewolf and wait til i feel better. its frustrating

I've been driving home and just forgot what street i was on while thinning about something else or day dreaming, having to look for street signs to nail down my exact point enroute to my house. imagine being on a main road heading to your house and suddenly you can't remember what fucking road your on and having to check street signs for where you are.

ill forget dates, what month day something is and have to be reminded.. my short term memory is shot. i can remember listening to a song on the radio with my grandmother at 4 years old in my childhood home before we moved to an apartment when i was 5 years old i remember everything that was committed to memory prior to boxing, prior to getting old and aging as a boxer even..

but my short term memory s really began sufferingin the last two years . the head trauma has caused issues with aggression nd temperament. I'm a happy go lucky guy, always joking and smiling.. then out of no where i can feel myself getting really dark.

the contact, any contact - not even concussive - can cause so many problems with mental emotional well being man

if you're not going to do it for a career, for a lifelong pursuit of something you're just driven to do you can't walk away from it and enjoy your life...

then just dont fucking do it.

some guys can bang for years with little or no problems. then again I've seen other guys start slurring words and generally just get goofy as fuck after only a few years.

i worry that as i age th things i deal with now will worsen. i knew the risk, heard store and saw people affected by it.. and it does affect you.

i don't have any regrets.. but there are a lot of reasons why I'm walking away after this summer. i could box/ compete into my mid forties physically.. I'm more concernedd about keeping my health, happiness and cognition intact as i age

train for good health, for skill, for fun.

dont bang away int he gyms with guys, knocking the sense out of each other.. its dumb

for a hobby , if you HAVE to get in there and go for it..

spar like 20 % at most, and only once a week/ a couple times a month at most..

i love boxing.. i just hate what it does to boxers as they grow older. go watch some youtube vids of james toney as a middle weight and cruiser weight.. then watch vids of him after all his wars with those heavy weights. look up videos of meldrick taylor as a young man and as an old man now.. cassius clay ..

it fucking sucks

I've been traing for about two years now and my trainer has never let me do 100% sparring and when I asked him he said it wasn't necessary since I do it for fun. I was just worried about getting the most out of my reflexes.

Also the speed bag serves no useful purpose in my opinion, what say you.

Odin..

my god can beat up your god

the second icon form the far right mike, looks like a strip of film for a film projector.. insert your link there

I've been traing for about two years now and my trainer has never let me do 100% sparring and when I asked him he said it wasn't necessary since I do it for fun. I was just worried about getting the most out of my reflexes.

Also the speed bag serves no useful purpose in my opinion, what say you.

speed bag is good for hand speed and building endurance in your shoulders.. that said, i don't fuck with them.

and it sounds like you have a good trainer. a very good trainer.

ou program your movements with drills and training.. you can test reflexes at 20% sparring, with head shots being just " touches"

we spar this way sometimes when its very close to a fight or when man has a injury that can no way afford to have aggravated while prepping for an event. hard sparring isn't necessary, unless its your livelihood.

there are good fighters who only do light sparring in the gym.. the school i was brought up in - training is hard so the fights are easy. almost all my injuries have occurred in training, never fights. only cuts/ broken noses in fights - and then rarely.

listen to your trainer man, you have no reason to sacrifice your health for a hobby. go do some hard drugs if you don't mind getting brain damage, way more fun and you'll get some insight into the human condition ;)

Last edited:
My cell phone won't post up the video player. But the link should work now. I have several custom double ended bags in my house made out of toy balls and elastic. The balls I use are around the size of a tennis ball but are the solid kind of balls you find in the drug or grocery store toy department.

Last edited:
My cell phone won't post up the video player. But the link should work now. I have several custom double ended bags in my house made out of toy balls and elastic. The balls I use are around the size of a tennis ball but are the solid kind of balls you find in the drug or grocery store toy department.

i make a headache bag , sand wrapped up in an old bed sheet, the duct taped up roughly the size of a head , swinging on a piece of rope..

practice slipping rolling, zapping jabs on a target moving away/laterally quickly - accurate punching. also makes you pay attention to proper form - you blast that bag wrong tear up your hands/wrist - connects are solid heavy conditioning your hands and forearms for heavy hitting

hitting people, the feel of it is different every time.. you can throw a body shot that hits someones hip bone and its like punching a wall, two inches higher and its hitting a hot water bottle - you have to have strong wrist and forearms.. same with headshots.

one thing i like to do thats an old old technique you don't see too often these days - is to put my head down and " butt' into whatever shot someone throws so i have a solid base to counter from with unexpected timing/ range. imagine a guy throwing hard rights onto a parry or onto your gloves when you block, you're rolling with the punches - then suddenly you sit down , when they punch there is no " give" and they're now inside on you with you out of ********** can fuck peoples hands up doing that as well, plus a real intimidation factor where you make someone believe they can't hurt you , take away their confidence..

unorthodox training.. someone was the first person to put up a heavy bag, someone was the first person to hang up a speed bag. use what works, what ever helps you get stronger faster better..

its one reason i like the strong man style training. think i wil end up being drawn to that even though i dont have the genetics to be some crazy strong bastard that moves mountains. i just respect the training so much and see the value in that kind of strength vs only lifting for reps/ aesthetics, or the big three lifts powerlifters push at..

showed up to box, friday night was dead..

tyrone was absent. were mostly amateurs with only a couple light weight professionals in the house..

they ended up having me run a class. kind of a big deal, flattering..

i drilled the fuck out of everybody for the first twenty minutes, ducks frogs squat-thrust burps planks.. then conditioning drills, 1-2 on the gloves followed with a low kick to condition legs.. outside drop kick, inside cut kick. then kicks across the arms, you have to have hard forearms like hard shins for thai boxing - you take kicks on the arms and if you aren't conditioned and know how to catch those kicks properly - you end up with broken wrist/arm.. the ulnar is very small close to the wrist, like the diameter of your index finger.

after kicks, pushed clinching drills, showed a few throws and counters for knees.. if a man post you up and tries to knee you - if you get a glove on his head you can control his center of gravity, dump him onto his ass while he's on one foot trying to knee you- like a one legged table so to speak. so i showed them how to dump somebody onto their asses if they load up on hard knees. how to spin someone thats trying to pull you into knees with a cinch, how to throw someone over your hip, over your shoulder..

finished up with some boxing.. showed the " rock and roll" how to roll back when someone throws a hard right hand from outside and commits their bodyweight to it - you bend one knee like a piston to roll your head and body away from the punch - while simultaneously that is also loading up a hard right hand counter. when your throw it correctly, the timing is weird, like a half beat instead of a full count. thump --- thump ---thump--- thump-THUMP!! if you do it right you hit your man when he doesn't expect it, when he is out of position at the end of his punch/extended..

off the top of my head before hitting my morning run.. umm, yeah holyfield punished tyson with this type of counter in their first fight, can see him rock and roll right hands and counter with his own right hands if you watch that clip on youtuibe, watch for it.. he makes mike take all the heat off his right hands, takes his confidence in his right hand away with that one technique..

i had a kid about 17 with good athletics, obviously good training habits, paired up with me for demos..

spent a lot of time showing him stuff, could tell he was sharp and would benefit most from it. i like teaching young people, the smart ones who will remember shit anyway..

then made everyone throw body punches on each other in turn, you throw a 1-2 to my solar plexus - then i throw 1-2 back, right hand hook - right hand hook back.. three rounds of body conditioning, trading body punches.. done

early morning run, and i have the rest of the day off.. long week, looking forward to a rest tomorrow.

and a cheat meal on 3j's diet, don't tell..

Just stopping in to comment on how much I enjoy reading your log. I'm at the in laws for Father's Day bored out of my mind and caught myself up in my phone just now... If you really do enjoy writing an autobiography might not be a bad idea for a project after you retire. I bet you've got all kinds of golden stories to share.

It's very easy to visualize what your writing CB and I agree with Inhaus writing an autobiography of experiences in the ring would be a good read!

I liked your comparison earlier about punching the hip and it feeling like hitting a wall but 2 inches higher feels like a water bottle...Yep, tore my bicep tendon off the bone 2 years ago throwing a body shot and catching the hip! Took a long time to heal and I haven't really sparred much since...just not worth it anymore. It is tempting though when I get some young D bag in there that I know I could mop the floor with.

Also wanted to comment on what you said about strong man type training. My coach is old school so he's against lifting weights but I was able to sell him on the effectiveness of hang cleans. IMO they are the single best movement for building punching power. I believe you either have good punching power or you don't, but doing heavy hang cleans will def improve what power you do have. When my heavy weight and I were hang cleaning heavy once a week he could punch a hole through your head...hardest hitting guy I've ever worked with, but when he stopped hang cleaning for a year I could def feel his power decrease! Just my 2 cents.

Back