The problematic situation with Iced

BiggieSwolls

Steelers = SuperBowl
Ok, let me start by saying that we at Steroidology had hoped the situation could be handled a different way. I did not see the sense in banning Iced right away because there seemed to not only be a story, but a story that people could learn from amidst all the drama. Obviously, looking over the way things have unfolded in the last 24 hours, its appearant that name calling, paranoia and second guessing of decisions is the only thing that would continue to happen here if a different angle was not taken.

Please see that I was hoping to keep the situation in check. We as a staff felt it better to keep an eye on Iced just in case there was something there that could harm us or the members. And trust me, we have been monitoring everything that we imaginably could. If we banned him, we would not be able to keep tabs on him. In the end though, my approach was just not meant to be. I cant have members leaving my site because of something I have nothing to do with. That hurts everyone. Mods, members, everyone. And to be blunt, it angers me very much. I was not letting an informant stay on the board because I like informants. Thats crazy. If I was to sit here and explain to you how I had hoped everything would play itself out, we would be here for hours. It was a delicate situation and I, in hindsight, probably tried to "think" it too much. For that I apologize.

So in the end, I have banned the member "Iced". Steroidology is not a safehaven for Informants to habitat. I simply was planning on using a different approach then other boards that banned him on a whim. Keep in mind, these boards knew about the member "Iced" for awhile and did not do anything about it. This is fact.

So what does this do? Well, the member "Iced" is banned. The IP address that "Iced" was using is banned. Whether he comes back under a different name, is anyones guess. Whether he is already on FitnessGeared, is anybodies guess. The use of an IP annonymizer will allow him back on any board he chooses. Elite, Meso, Anasci, FG, Steroidology, CEM, etc. I just want everyone to know that so you can see why banning him is not the be all and end all solution. But I respect you members and the general concensus I got was that you wanted him banned. So there you go, he is banned now and I really hope we can resume the very intelligent discussions that we had going on here. Steroidology does not have any interest in internet drama.

And speaking of that, all new threads with respect to this topic will be deleted immediately. This is the only thread to talk about this subject. Say what you want, question the way things were handled, but do it here on this thread.

Thanks for taking the time out to read this. I hope the situation is remedied in all of your minds.

Biggie

Last edited:
Biggie, you were handling things correctly. I wish your hand hadn't been forced. It would have been much better to be able to keep tabs on him. Feds and informants do not go away. They just change handles.

Last edited:
In hindsight, I was wrong for posting the thread I posted on Iced and adding to the drama. Biggie was considerate enough to take time out of his day and speak with me in person. I think that shows a lot of character on his part. After hearing his position on the matter I regretted posting that thread. In any case, nothing against Iced but I personally think it's best if he laid low while he's going through this process and not post on any board where he can put the members in jeopardy.

Great post Biggie! Shit like this will happen. That is the game we are in. I think you handled the situation correctly. You gave him a chance to defend himself and when things got out of hand you took the proper mesures needed. Back to business as usual.

This whole situation was very unfortunate, it's over now....so let's all turn our attention away from this, and move forward.......cause we really do have the best board out there !! :agreed: :agreed:

Great job Biggie... I support your decision wholeheartedly... I trust and have faith in you to run this board professionally and in the best interest of all our members...

supergirl said:
Great job Biggie... I support your decision wholeheartedly... I trust and have faith in you to run this board professionally and in the best interest of all our members...

what she said :)

Biggie you are a class act! You and Tex have done a tremendous job putting this board together and giving us another place to go. I think you handled the problem in a very professional manner and it is good to know that you are looking out for our well being as well as the good of the board. You have done alot of hard work and it is your job to protect that. Keep up the good work, I am behind you and your staff and Mods. Peace!

This is a bad situation all around. Biggie and Tx I think you did the right thing here. Keep up the good work and thanks for putting together a great board.

StoneColdNTO said:
This whole situation was very unfortunate, it's over now....so let's all turn our attention away from this, and move forward.......cause we really do have the best board out there !! :agreed: :agreed:
damn it i really hate to agree with stone cold nto :D but just this once ill make an exception , this is a damn good board lets dont let bullshit kill it like some other boards have done , peace out

BUFFDAWG10 said:
Biggie you are a class act! You and Tex have done a tremendous job putting this board together and giving us another place to go. I think you handled the problem in a very professional manner and it is good to know that you are looking out for our well being as well as the good of the board. You have done alot of hard work and it is your job to protect that. Keep up the good work, I am behind you and your staff and Mods. Peace!

Well said Buffdawg! You handled the situation perfectly Biggie.:agreed:

natty said:
biggie i hope that you read my pm and took into consideration some of the things i said.

The fact that you told me you wear womens underwear and like getting gag-balled unfortunately did not get much consideration from me with regards to this matter.

Its a shame that so much drama had to come out of this but it was the right call in the end biggie

Its about time you banned him! Nobody should leave the board for one person being there you should choos for the board as a whole not a single person! I wished you had banned him for the reason of him being a narc and not trustworthy instead of the reason of people leaving your board!

I had posted some stuff on him in 3 different threads that kept getting locked to explain that in a way he was not lying just had probably misunderstood him, my threads were locked and it pissed me off!

Either way he is banned for whatever you reasons are you did the right thing now! He caused alot of problems and worried alot of people for no reason, he is a narc and if he narcs on one person he would narc on anyone! That is reason enough to ban him in our game!

Well I have nothing more to say on this subject, I had alot to say and said it, maybe finally the drama can be over now on your board it sure did cause alot of drama here! I am glad we banned him right away to avoid this unfortunate drama!

Good job Biggie.... yahhooo!

Back