The pros and cons of TRT

*Johnny*

As you might know, I am scared as fuck with not getting my test back after cycle so I need to find out what would happen it the worst case. (The fear of it is so huge that I have everything on hand but simply can´t do it.)

Feedback with experiences would be VERY appreciated.

I mean TRT. Testosterone Replacement Therapy.

A quick question for you, you signed up in 2003? Wow I guess you don't come here too often.
I am on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) now although I am cycyling it. I don't know what your fear is how old are you?

If this is going to be your first cycle I highly doubt you'll need testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) after it. Just do a proper PCT and you should recover just fine. I've never heard of anyone needing to go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) after only one cycle. It may have happened b4, idk.

If this is going to be your first cycle I highly doubt you'll need testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) after it. Just do a proper PCT and you should recover just fine. I've never heard of anyone needing to go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) after only one cycle. It may have happened b4, idk.

It´s going to be test prop 8 weeks 100mg EOD, oral Winstrol (winny) 50mg ED, proviron 25mg ED.

As PCT I would do clomid 100/50/50/25 + nolva 30/20/20/10 OR nolva 20/20/10/10 + Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) 3x5000IU E5D.

Everybody tells me that I have nothing to be scared of, but.. you know. Just mind-fight.

You cant go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) with a first cycle : 8 weeks of prop at 350 mg per week lol.... Stop being a girl and do your shot :p

It´s going to be test prop 8 weeks 100mg EOD, oral Winstrol (winny) 50mg ED, proviron 25mg ED.

As PCT I would do clomid 100/50/50/25 + nolva 30/20/20/10 OR nolva 20/20/10/10 + Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) 3x5000IU E5D.

Everybody tells me that I have nothing to be scared of, but.. you know. Just mind-fight.

do NOT use Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) during the pct , Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) use should end before clomid/nolva therapy starts.

I'm on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and I'm 30, never done a cycle though, but will now, hahaha, you know I think a lot of people that are on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) due to clinical reasons venture to AAS because they break free of the fear of steroids that has been implanted on all of us who aren't too familiar with them.

Anyhow if for some reason you had to go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and you likely won't based on your cycle, etc. the worst thing is having to inject at least every 10 days (although most people inject weekly or bi-weekly) and seeing what works for you to control your aromatization from T to E, e.g. AI's, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) dosage, T injection frequency.

I'm on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and I'm 30, never done a cycle though, but will now, hahaha, you know I think a lot of people that are on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) due to clinical reasons venture to AAS because they break free of the fear of steroids that has been implanted on all of us who aren't too familiar with them.

Anyhow if for some reason you had to go on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and you likely won't based on your cycle, etc. the worst thing is having to inject at least every 10 days (although most people inject weekly or bi-weekly) and seeing what works for you to control your aromatization from T to E, e.g. AI's, Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) dosage, T injection frequency.

And what are the pros and cons? Worst thing on it are those injections and everything else is OK? I mean sex life, training..

do NOT use Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) during the post cycle therapy (pct) , Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) use should end before clomid/nolva therapy starts.

Thank you, I'm pretty confused about the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) thing. Do you think that nolva +clomid combo would be enough?

And what are the pros and cons? Worst thing on it are those injections and everything else is OK? I mean sex life, training..

Well your libido could actually increase depends on how much you dose yourself... let's assume your normal T levels are between 400-800 but your testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) levels are between 800-1100... of course there are other variables like I said like Estrogen management, if your E is out of wack you will suffer libido problems as well as many things but if your E is within the 20-40 range and your T is at the levels I already proposed then you'd be a happy camper as long as everything else is in check. Again it's ok to research and know how all this works but don't stress yourself out too much based on a basic first cycle done properly.

Thank you, I'm pretty confused about the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) thing. Do you think that nolva +clomid combo would be enough?

Some people don't worry about Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) during a simple 12 week cycle but if you have the resources why not? 250iu x2 a week for the first 11 weeks and then blast Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) 500iu's a day for 10 days before you start PCT.

Look at this excellent PCT sticky write up by DET-OAK. http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/595482-standard-pcts.html

HCG during cycle will make your balls continue to work even though your body is bombarded with exogenous testosterone. You will not suffer shrinkage and according to what I've read it makes PCT recuperation faster.

I have not even done a cycle yet but I am on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and I use Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) bi-weekly. One thing to note is that Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is highly aromatized.

Read the post and you should get the answers you're looking for.

Some people don't worry about Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) during a simple 12 week cycle but if you have the resources why not? 250iu x2 a week for the first 11 weeks and then blast Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) 500iu's a day for 10 days before you start PCT.

Look at this excellent PCT sticky write up by DET-OAK. http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/595482-standard-pcts.html

HCG during cycle will make your balls continue to work even though your body is bombarded with exogenous testosterone. You will not suffer shrinkage and according to what I've read it makes PCT recuperation faster.

I have not even done a cycle yet but I am on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and I use Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) bi-weekly. One thing to note is that Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) is highly aromatized.

Read the post and you should get the answers you're looking for.

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if clomid + nolva would be enough. Cause I have more "homes" so I travel a lot and it would be almost impossible to keep my mixed Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) always cold, which is necessary.

You don't need Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) to cycle, like I said it makes recovery faster based on what others say but many don't use it at all, just a regular Nolva+Clomid for post cycle therapy (pct), but your will balls will shrink until you begin PCT. Are you taking an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) during your cycle?

Im on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and cons would be having to inject weekly and balls will shrink along with killing your sperm count. But if those matter you can get and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) for the ball and spermies or just stop if you need to get somebody prego. Pros are you can actually feel normal at least I do. I mean testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is for anybody on a clinical defiency of Test usually less than 241 on total count. Now if you dont really need it and just want to maintain a constant dose like testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) you would be on about 100mg to 200mg a week, and I guess you would call it a continuos cyle at a low dosage.

But pros I have seen is better weight management, muscles firmed up, sleep better, less anxiety and better libido. A lot of guys get on an Anti E and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) which I dont need an E but would like Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) to keep my balls normal. But I am still going through the diagnosis stage.

Last con is more than likely you will be jumping through some hoops to get on a regimen. Some guys get thrown everything at once which is either lucky or dangerous as not everything was checked out first, which i prefer the latter. Doctor should do a full panel to check Test, E, prostate, liver, lipids, LH and FSH, prolactin Etc. They may check cortisol which is fun pissing into a jug for a day and they may also do a MRI on your pituatary. I started with a DOC and now with an Endo, I have been on Ethanate, Gel and now CYP. . More than likely you will run through a few protocols and test. Currently I am waiting to go to Uro as my final step. I have to go through the Va and its been about 4 months, which is long but from others have done doesnt seem totally out of the ordinary.

You don't need Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) to cycle, like I said it makes recovery faster based on what others say but many don't use it at all, just a regular Nolva+Clomid for post cycle therapy (pct), but your will balls will shrink until you begin PCT. Are you taking an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) during your cycle?

I´m considering it. I will have Proviron, which is really controversial substance, but yes, I will do Arimedex most likely.

Im on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) and cons would be having to inject weekly and balls will shrink along with killing your sperm count. But if those matter you can get and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) for the ball and spermies or just stop if you need to get somebody prego. Pros are you can actually feel normal at least I do. I mean testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is for anybody on a clinical defiency of Test usually less than 241 on total count. Now if you dont really need it and just want to maintain a constant dose like testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) you would be on about 100mg to 200mg a week, and I guess you would call it a continuos cyle at a low dosage.

But pros I have seen is better weight management, muscles firmed up, sleep better, less anxiety and better libido. A lot of guys get on an Anti E and Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) which I dont need an E but would like Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) to keep my balls normal. But I am still going through the diagnosis stage.

Last con is more than likely you will be jumping through some hoops to get on a regimen. Some guys get thrown everything at once which is either lucky or dangerous as not everything was checked out first, which i prefer the latter. Doctor should do a full panel to check Test, E, prostate, liver, lipids, LH and FSH, prolactin Etc. They may check cortisol which is fun pissing into a jug for a day and they may also do a MRI on your pituatary. I started with a DOC and now with an Endo, I have been on Ethanate, Gel and now CYP. . More than likely you will run through a few protocols and test. Currently I am waiting to go to Uro as my final step. I have to go through the Va and its been about 4 months, which is long but from others have done doesnt seem totally out of the ordinary.

Thank you for your reply. So the cons are just pinning 2xweek and "temporary sterility"?

Wish you all the best!

Running 2 orals isn't a good at all for the liver. And why winnie with your first cycle? That reaks havoc on your joints and really should only be incorporated for competition&less than 10% bodyfat for it work properly.

Last edited:
Back