The Unbelievable Ronnie Coleman

Uk Boy

ENGLANDS FINEST
After having just watched the video of the same name, I am in awe of Ronnie coleman.
I have never been a big fan although I knew how huge he was but believe me when I say that seeing Ronnie on this video will have SCARED THE SHIT OUTTA THE COMPETITION.

Theres no bodybuilder out there who can train as heavy and as hard. When you see Ronnie performing the sets with unbelievable weights and you actually see the muscles bulging, you get to see that he will destroy all challengers.

His dedication is inspiring and after these early morning killer workouts he goes to his full time job.

In one clip he works upto 800 lbs on deadlifts and goes on to challenge his adversarys to do the same five weeks out from the Olympia.

To conclude I will say that I am generally not impressed easily by the pros but Ronnie is an exception. Talk of guys like Jay Cutler beating him is just wishful thinking. He can take Haneys Olympia record with ease.

What do other guys think about this and has anyone seen the video.

i've seen the movie too...
first scene , when ronnie is doing shrugs, i almost fell of my chair

you must see Dorian Yates- blood and guts
it is kinda like the same, insane hardcore training.

Yeah that says it all. These two odybuilders have the density of physique that is unrivalled and they are two all time greats.

Both men train like Warriors and super heavy. Unlike Ronnie though Dorian never answered his critics verbally. He just let his physique do the talking. Ronnie has started to fight back with the critics head on.

Hey if being the most muscular guy around is being gross then thats what he is but if your talking about his GH gut, then yes that is gross.

That guy is awsome. He still looks human though. Remember Yates and his last olympia victory. He looked bigger but man that guy got ugly. I dont know if this is true or not but I heard that Ronnie came in 40 pounds heavier on his last olympia.

I think in some cases yes, but Ronnie and Markus have really loaded to an impressive level. Save for Ronnie's stomache the man is chiseled, stacked, and that's why he's Mr. O!!!

I am SO tired of Ronnie!
With that said, I have all the respect in the world for his physique, his endless dedication, hardcore training, and the sheer ability to slap on that amount of meat on one human's frame! I am just tired of the sport gearing itself towards the freakish size and extremely unhealthy appearance of these Ronnie Colemans & Markus Ruhls. What is the athleticism in that? What happened to the overall balanced, tight, striated(and still huge men, by any means) physiques that Arnold & Haney had? So many amazing physiques are overlooked ,or downplayed, due to the judges & audiences being knocked out of their seats by the sheer fear of the size of these monsters!? That's just shock value.

I'm a big fan of Dorian Yates, he's huge and trains like I have never seen any human, or animal, in my life!! But there has to be a point where there is a competition based on not just shock value, but the actual strengths & weaknesses in each athlete. Ronnie could never come in looking like a Dexter Jackson, as Dexter couldn't pull a Ronnie. But these are two very different athletes, with very impressive physiques, each in a different light.
I love the sport, but I'm tired of seeing this turn into a classic adolescent: "Who's arms are bigger" contest.
Just my $.02.....
:)

Madine, I think you make some great points. I'm a bit torn to be honest. I appreciate the freaky physique (not Valentino Freaky) but I gotta say my fav is Franco, he was perfect in my opinion. That was sculpted. As I said aesthetically there is a split here. Its a tough call. In any case I respect both the freaky and the artistically superior.

Right now Ronnie is the best and it will take alot to beat him. I personally love Dexter and Victor Martinez's built but the judges want to see freaks. Dorian was one of the greatest ever and started the trend of looking like a monster.

Dexter is freakin' awesome, bottom line!!!! I know everyone is ranting about it, and I'm a bit tired of it myself, but the Arnold was bullshit!

I definitely agree Motown, Dexter is an amazing athlete, and he seems to find a way to make himself even more defined at each showing. Consistency is very impressive to me.

Pari, I'm with you; I think Franco is one of the most carved, balanced and simple beautiful physiques ever. Quite a package.
You're right, Dorian set this trend of freakishness, but it's getting old. I'm sure there will be quite a few more Sandows handed to Ronnie, but I'm just ready for the freak show to end. That's the reason I will not attend the Olympia right now. It's a waste of time, the judges are already poised to hand it to him. I'm just over it.
I'd rather go to the other shows to see a broader field and stiffer competition. There's a reason Ronnie only comes out for the Olympia...

Also, my trainer is a pro, Jeff Long. He's been in the game for a long time. He was alot bigger a few years back and did well. He came into his last show a little smaller, but tight, carved deep, crazy conditioned and lean as hell. What did he get? Nothing. All because they told him they liked him with more size. Everybody is in freak mode right now, not conditioning.

Madine, I gotta tell you, I agree 100%!!! The Coleman hand off is annoying. It does feel predetermined, the judges need to be realistic and really assess the competitors. I mena come on, Coleman is amazing but the inability for judges to seriously look at the other competitors is embarassing. There are so many Pros right now that are at their top form, its a shame that they will not get viewed without the biases of the Coleman machine which has taken over the Olympia. I want to see the competition like you, and I tell you I want to be on the edge of my seat wondering who its going to be!!! That's what makes our sport so awesome and exciting, the constatnly morphing shape in order to become a better physical specimen., and the ability for those involved to compete in a fair arena, head to head, pec to pec, lat to lat.

pari6819 said:
That's what makes our sport so awesome and exciting, the constatnly morphing shape in order to become a better physical specimen., and the ability for those involved to compete in a fair arena, head to head, pec to pec, lat to lat.

Isn't that what Ronnie done?

Remember no one took this guy seriously from 1991 all the way up to 1998. He's worked hard to get to where he is.

The fact he is now Head, Pec and Lats above the competition is not his fault.

prl, that is not the basis of the contention we are discussing. I agree with you as well about the transformation and hard work, it just is there seems to be a preconcieved affinity towards Coleman that seems a bit off kilter. I love Ronnie and all that he has done for the sport, but the judges need to observe all aspects of the competitors germaine to the contest.

He is awesome man! I just want to see some real competition and sweat at the Olympia this year.

Back