The Unbelievable Ronnie Coleman

I understand what your saying, but your making it sound like Ronnie had judges in his pocket.

The only time you will see real competition at the O is if Ronnie retires. But then again you have the rest of the IFBB Pro season to enjoy competition.

Judges and the Weider's are to blame.

Like Ronnie, Jay seems to have the Arnold on lockdown.

This is old news, we've always had champs that dominate in this sport that no one could topple

Good point prl . . . I can't argue there. The Weider judge thing is sad just like you said about Jay at the Arnold. That's really I think what is at the core of this gripe. In respect to Ronnie, man the guy certainly ups the bar and I have nothing but resepect for that.

Exactly, pari.
prl, i agree with you, I think it will take Ronnie's retirement to see a new champion. I was not trying to allude to Ronnie having the judges in his pocket, he earns his wins with his physique. You're right on target with what I'm trying to opinionate, the people(Weider, judges....) are where I think the problem lies.

Madine21 said:
Exactly, pari.
prl, i agree with you, I think it will take Ronnie's retirement to see a new champion. I was not trying to allude to Ronnie having the judges in his pocket, he earns his wins with his physique. You're right on target with what I'm trying to opinionate, the people(Weider, judges....) are where I think the problem lies.

Fully agree with you both.

Olympia handoff to Ronnie? Do you really think Arnold beat Sergio EVERY time after '69? Pumping Iron's one big Arnold promo-you really think he didn't know he was going to win beforehand? Notice they didn't even bother to show Sergio or Dave in the movie, where even a short clip on each should have been automatic and would have made some of us wonder why they weren't in the Olympia...Sergio didn't bother showing up because he (and Arnold and Joe) knew he'd won in '72 and wouldn't ever win again.

Franco had fantastic density, but didn't have championship arms and was too short; Callender beat him in the early 80s, but wasn't a Weider boy. Robby never won the Olympia, and Columbu did-ubsurd.
Same re: Bertil Fox.

Last edited:
Back