Thinking about TRT. 27 year old Dad. Advice?

Davethedad

Getting fed up with feeling like shit. Energy levels are shit. Libido is shit. Joints hurt. No motivation. I eat healthy. Gotten a bunch of blood work. Found a good TRT doc that seems like he knows everything I’ve read on forum about optimal TRT usage. I’d hate to be married to a needle for life but I’d also hate feeling like this more for the rest of my life. I have secondary hypogonadism and possible causes could be from previous years of drug and stimulant abuse. Lack of quality sleep? Not working out because of joint pain. I’ve tried everything to fix these with no luck. I was thinking if TRT at least helped me fix these issues then I’d have a better quality of life. I’ve read some people’s joints feel better and they sleep better from TRT. Here are my labs.

Testosterone: 343 ng/dL Range (348-1197)
Free Testosterone: 7.3 ng/dL (5-26)
Estradiol: 13.1 pg/mL (7.6-42.6)
LH: 3.8 (1.7-8.6)
FSH: 1.7 (1.5-12.4)
SHBG: 36 (10-57)
Prolactin: 15.2 ng/mL (4.0-15.2)
TSH: 1.596 (.5-5)
FT3: 2.86 (2-4.9)
Total T4: 7.08 (4.0-11.0)
Vitamin D: 31.23 (25-80)

are you done having kids?

what are your state?? weight, height, bodyfat?

I'm about 7 months on. It's already old injecting. Just a pain in the ass really. Takes me less than 5 minutes. Preloading the hCG pins is a pain in the ass but VERY convient and is best for retaining potency.

Doses split every 3.5 days. Ends up being Mon=hcg / Tues=test / Thurs=hCG / Fri=test. I'll take the injections over low T.

I also have to donate blood. Red blood cells creep up even at TRT doses for lots of people. Have to keep track of dates and find red cross blood drives.

Have to turn in sharps container. Another errand to remember.

I'm already losing track of injection sites. I'll have to set a scheduel or something. Basically feel around for a sore spot if I can't remember.

Only thing Is change is having a PCT on hand "just in case".

6 months on here, injecting doesn***8217;t bother me at all. I was getting joint pain like u from low test lvls and about 2 months of trt fixed that issue for me. Im 35 and wish I started sooner. By the way 4 months in on TRT I hot my wife pregnant so hcg does work for some ppl in that department at least. who knows if it still will years down the road but 1 kid is enough for me

Joint pain is from low E2, something I know firsthand. Low E2 can also affect your sleep quality, your brain and joints needs estrogen. Low T affects so many other hormones, low E2 makes low T symptoms worse. Suggest 60-50mg twice weekly, HCG 250iu and minimal .125-.25 AI dosage.

I'll second Systemlord's comment about joints and estrogen. Low estrogen makes me creak and pop and feel like I have arthritis in every moving part. Getting your test up will most likely help this, possibly quite a lot.

Regarding the AI, I'd wait and see. If you try out the 50 to 60 mg 2x/wk you might not need any, or very very little.

Looks like I’ll be starting on Wednesday. SubQ T (100mg per week) every 3.5 days and hcg 3 times per week. Doc is gonna prescribe extra T and HCG so I have a back up supply just in case. I’ll have to look into getting a stash of clomid and nolva

Back