Tired of eating the same fats?

3J

Super Moderator
tired of eating the same fats???
guys i hear this non-sense from people who say they get tired of their fats....

yea, i'd be tired of them too if i ate them everyday for months on end...

you have to be creative and cycle through different foods.. keeping yourself PSYCHOLOGICALLY on track with your diet...

so for those of you scarfing pb and almond butter all the time... switch up to something ur really gonna love

pistachios

did u guys ever wonder why its so hard to stop eating sunflower seeds?? how about cracking a peanut shell and eating the peanuts??

notice how these foods make you work a little bit.. through their shells.. for their nutrients??

our brains LOVE THIS STUFF.... your brain rewards you for the work you put out.. and it just tastes better... also it makes you feel full because signals are being sent that your eating, but not eating alot at a time.. thx to having to work through the shell..

pistachios are the forgotten efa's...... people dont think pistachio when they think efa.. but we're talking about a great fat source here...

they're low in calories.. so you can eat more of them and feel fuller, longer.. great stuff if your cutting.. or about to go to sleep at night..

In research at Pennsylvania State University, pistachios in particular significantly reduced levels of low-density lipoprotein (LDL cholesterol) while increasing antioxidant levels in the serum of volunteers.[22][23] In rats, consumption of pistachios as 20% of daily caloric intake increased beneficial high-density lipoprotein (HDL cholesterol) without lowering LDL cholesterol, and while reducing LDL oxidation.[24]
Human studies have shown that 32-63 grams per day of pistachio nut can significantly elevate plasma levels of lutein, alpha-carotene, beta-carotene, and gamma-tocopherol.[23]
In December 2008, Dr. James Painter, a behavioral eating expert professor and chair of School of Family and Consumer Sciences at Eastern Illinois University, described the Pistachio Principle. The Pistachio Principle describes methods of "fooling" one's body into eating less. One example used is that the act of de-shelling and eating pistachios one by one slows one's consumption allowing one to feel full faster after having eaten less.[25]

Remember guys, 80% of your goals come from your diet. Check out 3J's Nutrition Network! There are before and afters of recent clients in the thread too!!

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/diet-forum/602974-3js-nutrition-network.html

Last edited:
I don't know about feeling fuller. I could eat an entire bag of pistachios in one sitting and still be hungry if it weren't for my fingernails crying for mercy about halfway through the bag. And the fact that they're $5 a bag.

Unfortunately i hate pistachios. Any other Substitute?

cashews, almond, almond butter, peanuts, peanut butter.. macadamia nut.. brazil nut..

there are so many my friend.. google essential fatty acids and see how many you can find..

Thanks dude i was becoming hungry here and i for got i have a big bag of mixed nuts (non salted) in my drawer.

i love pistachios but i find raw almonds fill me up and keep me full longer than pistachios. i get a big ass bag of both at costco.

It happens in the most of the people's cases. They feel tired of their food but it is so important for their body and health. bodybuilding supplements can only be found in those foods which are rich in protein.

If i get fed up eating the same stuff day in and day out, I try to cook it in some novel way and give it a new appearance.

Grain products, lean meat, fishes, spices are the top foods that speed up metabolism this will increase metabolic rate and helpful to reduce weight

cashews, almond, almond butter, peanuts, peanut butter.. macadamia nut.. brazil nut..

there are so many my friend.. google essential fatty acids and see how many you can find..

woow a lot of substitutes. specially almond butter and peanut butter - i like them both.

It is quiet normal that people are tired of eating the same thing,same fat from a long time..I hate pistachios,but have to eat it...As it is of low calorie...

I can only seem to find the roasted & salted ones here. I can't imagine taking in that much sodium would be too beneficial. I'll keep hunting.

damn i love nuts...unfortunately any kind of nut other than regular peanuts are imported and stupidly expensive (except for cashew which is locally grown..but very pricy all the same)....pistachios are my fav !!!

My first post.. hope to contribute and learn lots!

When I want to get some fats in I add hemp hearts to my oats in the morning.. so nutty tasting and high protein too! Great on salads and yogurt as well :)

Per 3 tbsp (30g)
170 Cals
13g Fats
-Sat 1.5
-Polyunsaturated 10g
-Monounsaturated 1.5g
3g Carbs
-3g Fiber
10g Protein

Peanuts?

I've always thought that peanuts were the only nuts to avoid. That they're starchy and more like a legume :Pat:

Back