To eat or not to eat before early morning cardio

Whats up guys, after having a child and recently recovering from gyno surgery I am back in the game and plan on going harder then ever, possibly even a fall competition. I have never been big on cardio, but I have also never been more than 10% bodyfat probably my entire life. I'm starting a cycle this week, have my diet in check and have been doing two gym sessions, one right after waking up which involves 45 minutes of slow cardio and abs and a second weight lifting session at night.

My question is, waking up in the morning, even with a casein shake prior to bed, your body is starting to eat away at the muscle. On the other hand, the best time to burn fat is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Does anyone have an educated answer with supporting research as to which is the better way to go? I want to feed the muscles as soon as I wake up, but my goal is also to get into the single digit bodyfat % as soon as possible.

Thoughts?

Thanks
this thing about eating muscle after wake up is biggest BS ever. I do not eat sometimes until half of day sometimes 24H I never lost any muscle or strength but only fat only after intermittent fasting I start to see my abs not after this BS 6 meals per day. I train empty stomach and strength is exactly same

In my humble but experienced opinion, it isn't BS. For about 12 years 2-3 times per week I have done 30 minutes of interval training on a stair stepper in the am after taking some caffeine, sometimes also green tea extract, also sometimes ephedrine, and whey protein in water or maybe milk. These days I also do a non fasted bike ride at moderate intensity for 1-2 hours about once per week. It's worked well to stay reasonably lean and fit. I can't necessarily "prove it" with a bunch of studies but I believe you do force your body to use more fat as fuel when glycogen is low and it makes sense to protect your muscle mass by having some protein first.

In general, you want to eat easily digestible carbohydrates and go slow on high-fiber, high-protein, and high-fat foods if you're eating less than an hour before your workout, since these foods slow digestion and can cause GI discomfort.

Whats up guys, after having a child and recently recovering from gyno surgery I am back in the game and plan on going harder then ever, possibly even a fall competition. I have never been big on cardio, but I have also never been more than 10% bodyfat probably my entire life. I'm starting a cycle this week, have my diet in check and have been doing two gym sessions, one right after waking up which involves 45 minutes of slow cardio and abs and a second weight lifting session at night.

My question is, waking up in the morning, even with a casein shake prior to bed, your body is starting to eat away at the muscle. On the other hand, the best time to burn fat is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Does anyone have an educated answer with supporting research as to which is the better way to go? I want to feed the muscles as soon as I wake up, but my goal is also to get into the single digit bodyfat % as soon as possible.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I personally take a pre workout drink then eat or drink a protein shake after cardio

Aim to include a small amount of carbohydrate and protein prior to working out to give your body the fuel it needs without upsetting digestion during exercise. Great examples could include:

A banana with a 1 cup of milk or soy milk
Fruit and ½ cup of yogurt
A slice of toast with nut butter
A handful of cereal with ½ cup yogurt
Make a smoothie with a banana, berries, 1 cup milk and ½ cup of yogurt. Drink ½ before your workout and save the other ½ to have as part of your breakfast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Landmark Nutraceuticals Co., Limited

Wickr: Carolinechem
Email: sales.landmark@protonmail.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CarolineYilandmark

USA Warehouse, USA Carrier, European Carrier, Australia Carrier.
Pharmaceutical grade Steroid Raws, SARMs Raws, Semi-finished Oils, HGH, Peptides.

Aim to include a small amount of carbohydrate and protein prior to working out to give your body the fuel it needs without upsetting digestion during exercise. Great examples could include:

A banana with a 1 cup of milk or soy milk
Fruit and ½ cup of yogurt
A slice of toast with nut butter
A handful of cereal with ½ cup yogurt
Make a smoothie with a banana, berries, 1 cup milk and ½ cup of yogurt. Drink ½ before your workout and save the other ½ to have as part of your breakfast.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Landmark Nutraceuticals Co., Limited

Wickr: Carolinechem
Email: sales.landmark@protonmail.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CarolineYilandmark

USA Warehouse, USA Carrier, European Carrier, Australia Carrier.
Pharmaceutical grade Steroid Raws, SARMs Raws, Semi-finished Oils, HGH, Peptides.

love me some good tasty smoothies.

I think one should eat just a little bit, this helps you give a greater impetus to your workouts. A proper pre workout diet gives greater bang for your buck. You have an intensive work out, a grueling sweat fest and you have to prepare your body for the same. It is important that you have enough energy to sustain for the entire workout and push for even more.

If you fail to fuel your body with a pre-workout snack, especially when you are lifting you miss out on an opportunity to push your body into a muscle-building (anabolic) state.

Your pre-workout fuel should ideally consist of proteins and slower-digesting carbs.

Eating something light like a banana or a protein bar before early morning cardio can help give you energy for the workout. It's important to not eat too much, as this can cause stomach discomfort during the workout.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Hey there! Congrats on becoming a parent and bouncing back from your surgery! Getting back into the fitness game and aiming for a fall competition sounds awesome! Now, about the morning cardio and fasted state stuff, here's the deal: some folks swear by fasted cardio in the morning for burning fat. The idea is that your body taps into fat reserves for energy when you haven't eaten overnight. And yeah, there's some truth to it - you might burn a bit more fat during the workout.

If you wanna keep your gains and still lose fat, here's what you can do:

Make sure you're getting enough protein. Protein is like a buddy for your muscles, helping them stay strong and recover.

After your morning workout, have a decent meal or a protein shake to help your muscles recover.

Keep lifting those weights at night! Resistance training is like a fortress for your muscles when you're cutting calories.

Don't forget to eat a balanced diet with all the good stuff to keep your body fueled and healthy. Listen to your body and adjust your routine if something doesn't feel right.

Back