To Squat Or Not To Squat

hacksquat bothers me all the time..whether it be machine or old school, though i heard it is one of the best core strengtheners. anyone?

AngryMuscles said:
hacksquat bothers me all the time..whether it be machine or old school, though i heard it is one of the best core strengtheners. anyone?

Any machine assisted lift is not going to be the "best" for your core.

LiftTillIDie said:
I didn't say you couldn't build your legs without squats. But a leg press is not a replacement for a squat. A hammer strength row is not a replacement for deads. You're so naive.
When I was talking about isolation movements, I was talking about isolation movements for all muscle groups of the leg. Hams, quads, inner and outer thigh, glutes, etc. Same goes for back, hitting the back from many different angles, because the back has lots of muscles, just like legs.

pineapple said:
When I was talking about isolation movements, I was talking about isolation movements for all muscle groups of the leg. Hams, quads, inner and outer thigh, glutes, etc. Same goes for back, hitting the back from many different angles, because the back has lots of muscles, just like legs.

Ok. I'm sticking with compounds > isolation.

AngryMuscles said:

I do hacksquats.....not with a machine. They are seriously the toughest exercise I am doing right now. I fucking hate them. I do 5 sets of 5-7 and after the 2nd or 3rd set I'm collapsing on the 5th squat. Great fucking exercise.

pineapple said:
Stick with whatever WORKS for YOU.

Of course we are all different. Obviously you know what works for you. The problem with that statement is that so many people use it as an excuse to train like retards when in reality they should just say I am too lazy to squat.

LiftTillIDie said:
Of course we are all different. Obviously you know what works for you. The problem with that statement is that so many people use it as an excuse to train like retards when in reality they should just say I am too lazy to squat.
Ha, lol Most people at the gyms dont do legs at all. So it doesnt matter if it's squats, leg press, leg extentions, etc.

most people don't squat because they are really really hard!i don't care what other bullshit comes spewing outa their mouths!

The squat works approx 200 muscles. Your body is composed of about 600 muscles. That means that squats have the potential to work 1/3 of your muscles. The fuck I'd pass that one up :)

Hey Pinneaple, when I first started I passed up the squat because I didn't like the fact that I could fall, injure myself, etc. So, what I did was start squatting the bar, just to get the form sunk in my brain. Eventually, I was able to work my way up. I definitely was seeing results in my quads, ass, calfs, etc. Now, about a year and a half later, I have worked my way up to 270 lbs and I freaking love the squat. Yeah, you can get away w/o squatting, but why not try it out for a bit and see what everyone is raving about?

Back