To Squat Or Not To Squat

LiftTillIDie said:
Try some sumo pulling. Start out light with it until you get acclimated. Short with long arms is the perfect build to take advantage of the decreased ROM.
somu bothers my hip, and i feel stronger convo pulling.

Fine be that way. Sumo does take some getting used to. I never really got into it, but the little bit of pulling I've done since hurting myself has been sumo.

LiftTillIDie said:
Fine be that way. Sumo does take some getting used to. I never really got into it, but the little bit of pulling I've done since hurting myself has been sumo.
:) i still love ya brosky.

funny is i can squat sumo and my hip is fine, but when i pull it really feels tweeket.

i gave sumo a lil over a month. and although i got strong, my hip just bothered me too much.

i'll just stick to rack pulls and DL and possibly throw in some elevated deads (or what ever there called were you work the wt down toward the ground)

LiftTillIDie said:
It appears this thread has been hijacked.
i believe you may be right

hijacked.jpg

LiftTillIDie said:
This is the excuse that 99% of the population uses, but I don't buy it.
Why dont you buy it? It's same as someone being smarter than you. Do you buy that?

I dont do squats for my own reasons, I do everything else and it works out ok for me.

skarhead1 said:
^ You dont squat cause you're a pussy pineapple
It's not about being a pussy or showing off at the gym or telling everyone that you need to go ALL THE WAY down or you're a pussy.

It's about who gets results; it's about getting big the way it works for each individual.

pineapple said:
It's not about being a pussy or showing off at the gym or telling everyone that you need to go ALL THE WAY down or you're a pussy.

It's about who gets results; it's about getting big the way it works for each individual.

Youre right!! and the big squatters get results. how are you gonna tell me having 405++++ on your back isnt gonna make you bigger and get results. and yes you're a pussy if you dont squat and a pussy if you qtr squat.

skarhead1 said:
Youre right!! and the big squatters get results. how are you gonna tell me having 405++++ on your back isnt gonna make you bigger and get results. and yes you're a pussy if you dont squat and a pussy if you qtr squat.
You can do isolation movements instead of squats to achieve the same results, or close enough.

I might have to try doing squats next time and see how that works out. Afterall I havent done them for a while.

pineapple said:
I'm assuming you're also going to say that you cant build a back without doing deads. You're so naive.

I didn't say you couldn't build your legs without squats. But a leg press is not a replacement for a squat. A hammer strength row is not a replacement for deads. You're so naive.

Back