Tore my bisep and having surgery next Thursday should I stay on cycle

Crossroads

Lift big to get big
I'm currently on test e and tren e and I tore my right bicep and the doc has me sceduled for surgery next Thursday. My question is should I stay on the cycle or get off? I'm thinking is if i staying on cycle it could help me recover faster. But should I tell the doc that I'm on this cycle even though I think it's a bad idea? My only reason for telling him is that I don't want to have a bad reaction to anything at surgery like blood thinning or whatever. What do you guys think?

Distal biceps or proximal? I had a full distal tendon rupture in 2012. It's a long road to recovery. It took me 2 surgeries and a full year before the arm felt mostly normal.

I stayed on TRT doses of test, since I had already been "on" for years. If you haven't made that commitment already, I'd come off and do a PCT. It will be months before you can lift with intensity with that arm. Steriods won't speed up the process of the tendon and bone growing back together.

The doc said it was the long head of the bi and the tendent that connects to the forearm bone was severed. Even tho he hasn't seen a MRI results yet witch is this Monday he could tell by touching that the tendent was severed. Ya from what he's telling me it's going be 6 to 9 months b4 I'm 100%.
No I haven't made the trt commitment yet but I was thinking about finishing out the cycle and work on legs and one arm pull ups. Lol.
Do you think that's something I should tell the doc or leave that part out?

The doc said it was the long head of the bi and the tendent that connects to the forearm bone was severed. Even tho he hasn't seen a MRI results yet witch is this Monday he could tell by touching that the tendent was severed. Ya from what he's telling me it's going be 6 to 9 months b4 I'm 100%.
No I haven't made the trt commitment yet but I was thinking about finishing out the cycle and work on legs and one arm pull ups. Lol.
Do you think that's something I should tell the doc or leave that part out?

I don't know why that reposted twice.

I just meet the dude yesterday but he seems cool. But I'm not sure how that would go over with him. I was just thinking of telling him that in case that's something of importance for the surgery and the meds he'll b given me. Like side effects or what ever

I've got insurance and I didn't think about this till my buddy just told me. That if I were to tell the doc that he very well could report that to the insurance company then they could drop me and I'd take the bill. We just won't tell him anything.

The distal biceps tendon is the one that connects to the forearm. That's the same injury I had a couple years ago. The recovery process sucks, but you should make a full recovery if you're careful. It's easy to pull the tendon off the bone again in the early months before it's fully healed. It's not always possible to reattach the tendon after multiple tears.

I don't know how finishing out the cycle would affect the healing process. It might not make a difference either way. Working legs is a good idea, though. I was back in the gym 2 weeks after my surgery, working legs, abs, back, chest, shoulders, and my one good arm. It took creativity to do the upper body work without putting any stress on the injured arm.

Doing at least some exercise will help you feel better through the recovery process. Too many guys quit working out and sit at home feeling sorry for themselves after an injury like this. Going to the gym and doing what you can is better than quitting for a few months.

Back