Toremifene ( Fareston ) available as a powder ?

Fareston
(Toremifene citrate)
This is yet another SERM, which means it will display both estrogen antagonist/ agonist properties in the body. This puts it in the same category as Nolvadex and Clomid, the two most popular drugs in this category. This is, however very different, and you'll soon see why…

Some scientists at a party were bored one day, so they hooked up some time-lapse video to breast cancer cell cultures treated with toremifene (the chemical in Fareston). Ok, the part about them being bored one day is made up, but they really did hook up time-lapse photography to breast cancer cell cultures treated with Fareston. Anyway, they observed this for 3 days, and it caused approximately 60% of the cells to exhibit morphologic characteristics typical of cells undergoing apoptosis or programmed death. The significance of this to you and me is that this is roughly the same thing that would happen to your gyno if you were taking Fareston. Anyway, the number of mitoses gradually decreased to zero over only a 3- to 4-day period. So this stuff causes growth inhibition of estrogen-sensitive breast cancer cells by inducing some cells to die and by inhibiting other cells from entering mitosis (i.e. from replicating) (1). This stuff will KILL your gyno, from everything I've read (which also means that I've had to read into everything I’ve read, if you kinda follow me). Now where was I? Oh yeah…kill, that's right. This is certainly good news for someone who wants to get rid of gyno, but since it also prevents the cells from replicating, it will stop gyno from progressing as well as kill existing gyno.

Also of note is that it will reduce prolactin (2), and as you probably guessed, this may raise your Testosterone levels, since prolactin can not only cause lactation, but it also has an inhibitory effect on your Test levels. The unfortunate part about this potentially exciting new compound is that it will also raise sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), which will in turn lower circulating levels of testosterone in your body (3).

Perhaps this drug, if it can be found, may be used successfully to treat existing gyno, or as an adjunct during a cycle, but certainly not for an effective post cycle therapy.

References:

1. Apoptosis in toremifene-induced growth inhibition of human breast cancer cells in vivo and in vitro.J Natl Cancer Inst. 1993 Sep 1;85(17):1412-8.
2. Hormonal effects of toremifene in breast cancer patients. J Steroid Biochem. 1990 Jun 22;36(3):243-7.
3. Influence of toremifene on the endocrine regulation in breast cancer patients. Eur J Cancer. 1994;30A(2):154-8.

One person with experience

"Finally there is the newest comer to the post cycle therapy regiment and that is toremifene. This is my personal favorite and in comparing it to nolva which I also have experience with I will only use toremifene from now on. There is a study showing that toremifene actually lowers LH production, but my experience and the experience o pretty much everyone that has used toremifene as a post cycle therapy (pct) and posted on here will agree that toremifene is amazing for post cycle therapy (pct). It tends to bring your HPTA up almost overnight. It'll get your balls swinging in no time and there are many reports of a greatly reduced "crash" when used as the post cycle therapy (pct) SERM. It should be dosed like this
120mg days 1-3/4
90mg days 4-14
60mg days 15-21
30mg days 22-28
"

And another off meso

"by Anthony Roberts - Toremifene Citrate (Fareston) is a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator (SERM) derived from triphenylethelyne. It is Licensed in the United States under the brand name “Fareston” and currently FDA approved for use in advanced (metastatic) breast cancer. It is currently being studies for use in prostate cancer as well.

Background

Toremifene Citrate was originally patented as Fareston by the Orion Corporation of Finland, and approved for the treatment of breast cancer in Europe in 1996. In September of 1999, Roberts Pharmaceutical Corporation was granted the rights to market the drug in the United States of America.

Action

Toremifene Citrate exerts its effects by antagonizing the estrogen receptor in some tissues, and agonizing it in others. In this way, certain estrogenic pathways are activated and others are blockaded. It seems to exert estrogenic effects on blood lipids, reducing LDL and total cholesterol, as well as estrogenic effects on bone, improving density. It would also appear to exert anti-estrogenic effects in breast tissue, displacing the traditional effects of estrogen, effectively helping prevent breast cancer in postmenopausal women.

Technical Data

Fareston is a Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator. Other drugs in this class are Clomid and Nolvadex. SERMs act by being an estrogen agonist in certain tissues and an estrogen antagonist in others.

In men, at the hypothalamus and pituitary, estrogen acts in cooperation with the body’s negative feedback loop to send a signal to decrease the secretion of LH. When LH secretion is lowered, so are natural testosterone levels. SERMs, like Fareston, possibly act as an estrogen antagonist in the hypothalamus and pituitary, in order to increase testosterone production. Thus, although it hasn’t been studied to any great degree, it’s highly likely that Fareston is capable (or better) of increasing testosterone in the same way that Nolvadex it, as it’s androgenicity:estrogenicity ratio is 5x that of Nolvadex (1). However, in terms of improving bone mineral density, Fareston is roughly equal to Nolvadex. (2) Fareston, like other SERMS, would appear to have very beneficial effects on blood lipid levels and other health markers.
"

And one last one

"PURPOSE: To differentiate the antagonistic and agonistic effect of toremifene at the level of the hypothalamus-hypophysis axis a leutinizing hormone-releasing hormone (LHRH) test was performed during a phase II clinical trial. METHODS: In 15 postmenopausal patients with advanced breast cancer, follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and LH release--induced by an LHRH agonist (Suprefact injection, 0.5 mg s.c.)--was monitored during a 16-week period of toremifene treatment (60 mg/day p.o.). Prolactin, estradiol, and sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG) levels were also measured. The functional test was carried out prior to toremifene therapy and then 4, 8, 12, and 16 weeks afterward. RESULTS: The drug sensitized the pituitary to the action of the gonadotrophins; the LHRH-induced FSH and LH release showed a considerably increasing tendency during the toremifene therapy. Estradiol levels decreased statistically significantly and SHBG levels showed a statistically significant increase. A decreased level of prolactin is the sign of an antiestrogenic effect of toremifene on the hypophysis and, as a result, provides evidence for a direct influence of toremifene upon the pituitary. An increase in LH and prolactin release in response to the LHRH test was characteristic in the responders. CONCLUSION: According to the LHRH test, the antagonistic effect of toremifene seems to be more dominant than the concomitantly existing agonistic property. Neither clinical nor endocrinological side effects could be observed at the level of the CNS during a prolonged period of toremifene administration.

PMID: 9685060 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
"

I have a friend that usually uses Clomid as I do. He used this Fareston and says it makes him really moody, has cold sweats and its just an uncomfortable feeling at times....not all the time, just sometimes.

I'm definately going to try this for my next PCT.

I'm fairly sure that one could use the same method as nolva for a liquid oral.

DocJ said:
I'm definately going to try this for my next PCT.

I'm fairly sure that one could use the same method as nolva for a liquid oral.

Thee odd thing is I have read about 30posts with people saying they are going to use this for there next PCT...but no one does or maybe they mean next year when they come off ;)

Lucky13 said:
Thee odd thing is I have read about 30posts with people saying they are going to use this for there next post cycle therapy (pct)...but no one does or maybe they mean next year when they come off ;)
LOL! Good piont! I guess there's more people on all the time than we think. Maybe they should put a year on it; "I'll try this for post cycle therapy (pct) in 2010, I promise."

Lol

Well I'm a member of a few cancer forums now so I'll keep an eye out for sides, alot of them are scared shitless about Nolva and want an alternative....Still I need to know how good it is at increasing LH and FSH so far I have 50% of research papers saying it doesn't increase LH/FSH and other papers saying it does and 5times better then Nolva...who the hell do I believe!

One thing that does seem constant is that the few people on BB forums that have used it say it's extremly effective! So fingers crossed :)

Lucky13 said:
Thee odd thing is I have read about 30posts with people saying they are going to use this for there next PCT...but no one does or maybe they mean next year when they come off ;)

My current cycle will be over in 4 or 6 weeks (probably 6 :) ). I will order Toremifene tomorrow and, as announced, will try it for post cycle therapy (pct) (if I can get some, I guess research sites have some holidays in summer too). I will keep you updated Lucky.

In the end I must have read 30 good responses from people who have used toremifene, I didn't find one single bad review!

I've now purchased some toremifene and will use this after my next cycle...I'll let you know how it goes :)

sorry for the offtopic but... what do you think about raloxifene? (i think it's also another better choice than the tamox...).

Raloxifene should be superior to tamoxifene, but we just don't have nearly as much anecdotal evidence with it.

Back