Tpowered Contest Prep Log

Tpowered

My Stats

27 - 5’ 11” – 212lbs – 13%BF (Calibrated today

This will be my first Mens Bodybuilding Competition, the date of the comp is October 1st

Got my plan from my coach today. The show is 20 weeks away so for the first 6 weeks we are going to try and add some lean mass before we really start to shred down.

Starting Macros 300P/400C/80F

As far as foods, for protein I stick to chicken breast, Tuna, Salmon, Tilapia, 99% lean ground turkey, and occasionally lean cuts of steak. As far as carbs are concerned, brown rice, sweet potato, bananas and oats. Fats are avocado, coconut oil, cheddar cheese and peanut butter. At week 6 I will no longer eat the peanut butter or the cheddar.

(Before you tell me, yes I know a lot of people say you cant use the E ester for contest prep, but from what ive noticed, as long as your diet is on par, it wont matter what ester you use.)

Cycle

1-19 Test E 500mg EW, frontloading week 1 with 1G Test E

6-19 Tren E 400mg EW

12-19 Mast P 100mg EOD

16-19 Halotestin 30mg ED pre workout

1-21 HCG 500IU EW, split 250IU Monday, 250IU Thursday

1-21 Arimidex .5mg EOD

6-21 Cabergoline .25 twice a week.

PCT

21-24 Clomid 100/100/50/50

21-24 Nolvadex 40/40/20/20

(I have enough to run the PCT for longer if needed)

Training split

1-Chest/abs

2-Back/Biceps

3-Delts/triceps/abs

4-Legs

5-Off

And repeat.

Other supplements

NAC, Liv52, milk thistle, Hawthorn berry extract, saw palmetto, Multi Vitamin, Fish Oil, creatine monohydrate for the first 6 weeks. Also have bcaa and pre workout. I don’t use protein powders as ive always believe that whole foods are the best source of your nutrition.

I don’t think ive left anything out.. I will be updating and keeping a log of everything for the next 20 or so weeks. Hope you enjoy the ride as much as im going to!

Tpowered

Weight 212.3

I woke up at 5pm ( I work night shift) and had my first meal. Had my second meal at 730pm and got ready for the gym. Got to the gym at 830. Today was chest and abs with 20 min LISS cardio at the end.

Started out with dumbell presses. 2 warmup sets with 4 working sets. Rep range 12-15. Moved on to dumbell flys. I do one set flat then adjust the bench to the next hole making it more inclined and do a set. I keep moving the bench up until I reach a full inclined position Then go back down. Ends up being like 6 or 7 sets. Gives me a great pump.
went to the decline press hammer strength. Did 4 sets of 12-15
Next exercise was a wide chest hammer strength. Once again I did 4 sets
Then did 4 sets of cable flys followed by 4 sets of pec deck.
For abbs I did some weighted crunchs, and this abb crunch machine we have. 8 sets in total.

Today was my first pin of the cycle. My wife actually wanted to pin me so I let her. She was surprisingly good at it. Went in smooth. She also surprised me by baking my sweet potatos, chicken breast and ground turkey. I've got to give her credit, she really helps me out with the cooking aspect of my prep. Between work and training she really helps me out.

View attachment 564507

Last edited:
So the passed few days have been going well. Took my second pin of 2cc on Thursday. Frontload complete. Gotta say though I have had some pretty bad pip and mild test flu. This was my first time frontloading so I figure pinning 2cc twice this week is what caused the pip because I've never had an issue with this lab.

Diet is going well. Appetite is starting to increase. Training is going good. I can definitely tell that the passed day or two my "ocd" type of cleaning has started again, and my patience has gotten shorter.

I altered my training split just a bit. Now doing..

Chest/abs
Back
Arms/abs
Shoulders
legs/abs

Still doing cardio 4 times a week at 20 min LISS.

I check in with coach on Monday and will have an updated game plan.

I went from 212 down to 206-207 for the passed few days.

Have any of you had bad pip from frontloading? Like to the point where it hurts to walk?

I would not have recommended frontloading. It makes managing sides like estradiol way too difficult. If you wanted it to kick in faster you should have just used short esters.

Why so much peotein? 300g/day is a bit overkill given you are only 206lbs.

Do you have your pre-show diet figured out?

I would not have recommended frontloading. It makes managing sides like estradiol way too difficult. If you wanted it to kick in faster you should have just used short esters.

Why so much peotein? 300g/day is a bit overkill given you are only 206lbs.

Do you have your pre-show diet figured out?

Hey thanks for replying mega. Not sure why my coach has it at 300g. I put my trust in him as a coach. He has been bodybuilding for 30+ years. Made it to IFPA pro status as natty and then switched to unnatural. I'm sure has has an idea of my doet. But will be dependant on my progress and how I respond to which macros...

So far nothing to crazy with frontloading. Had some mild hot flashes and pretty bad pip. But nothing I couldnt handle. Again thanks for your input. Should I not be trusting my coach as far as diet is concerned?

Hey thanks for replying mega. Not sure why my coach has it at 300g. I put my trust in him as a coach. He has been bodybuilding for 30+ years. Made it to IFPA pro status as natty and then switched to unnatural. I'm sure has has an idea of my doet. But will be dependant on my progress and how I respond to which macros...

So far nothing to crazy with frontloading. Had some mild hot flashes and pretty bad pip. But nothing I couldnt handle. Again thanks for your input. Should I not be trusting my coach as far as diet is concerned?

Just ask your coach to explain. Any good coach will actually take the time to coach you. If he can't explain it or gets defensive it may be a sign he is not a good coach.

Today was good. The pip has greatly gone down. Almost all the way gone.

Today was Chest and abs. Got an amazing pump and had to force myself to leave the gym. It seems that the frontload did what it was supposed to do.

I check in with coach tomorrow to get updated macros.

No actually. Well other than my coach. But that's all online and over the phone. Don't know of anyone local. Do you have any recommendations SP?

No actually. Well other than my coach. But that's all online and over the phone. Don't know of anyone local. Do you have any recommendations SP?

I was able to prep/diet/train myself but the one thing I spent money on (well other than food, supplements...) was a posing coach

I don't know where you're from and that's fine but there should be some local guys, preferably national level or better who'd be willing to show you the basics and critique as you work through them

Kenny Wallach has a great youtube series, as does Lee Labrada but I would say while those are good starting points they can't completely replace the benefit you'd get from hiring someone to work with you personally

Thanks man. Yeah I've watched some of Lee's videos. I know there are a few posing seminars around here (delmarva tri state area) fred smalls trains not to far from me. Maybe he could show me some sick dance moves lol

Today I'm feeling much better, fever is gone.
My coach decided that we should stick to these macros for another week.

Mega for your question on the protein intake. He put it simply. 1.5g of protein per lbs of body weight. Which me being 206 would put me at 309g of protein.

Pinned another 250mg of test today. Went smooth like always.

I was actually running late to work because the wife and I were catching up on the season 3 finale of Vikings lol. (Great show by the way. I highly recommend it.) Anyways I didn't have time to portion out my meals so I just brought my large tupperwear co Rainer with all my ingredients and scale to work.

Also my coach will be competing at the NPC Masters Nationals in Pittsburgh on July 21st. If any of you guys are gonna be there send me a PM. I'll be there supporting him. This will probably be his last competition.

Today's weight 208.

I felt better today than I have by far in the last week. Had an amazing workout (back) and I feel amazing again. Pump was unreal, strength has gone up. Endurance also has gone up. Today (sat) marks exactly 17 weeks until my competition. I will be posting pics and some vids in a few weeks.

Just a quick question. A friend of mine has some TNE he doesn't want. Have any of you used TNE before your workouts and how did you like it? Thinking of getting it for the last 6 weeks or so to add some extra intensity to my carb depleted self lol...

I've never felt much from TNE compared to a few scoops of pre workout, or some ephedrine or even 10mg sdrol preWO, lame as that sounds

It won't hurt (as long as it's ok TNE) but I wouldn't expect too much from it

Weight 207.4

Today was an overall good day. Picked up a power rack, olympic bar, 6 45lb plates, 4 35lbs plates, 4 25lbs, plate and 6 10lb weight from a co worker... FOR FREE! my garage gym is actually starting to come together nicely. Have a squat rack with Lat pull cable and a low cable. A bench that goes flat, incline and decline, 2 7ft olympic bars. A shit load of plates. An elyptical and a bowflex that a friend gave me. Building a deadlift station soon. And now my power rack.

Anyways enough about my gym lol. Today I did arms, not much to report there other than my pumps and strength continue to get better and better. Tomorrow is legs and I'm looking forward to absolutely crushing them.

I'm not sure how you would put it, but I can tell my patience and "road rage" are back to being short.. had a guy cut me off, fly up on my ass and start giving me the finger and motioning to pull over to fight him... he was pissed at me because I was actually driving the speed limit... (habit from being a dad) I wanted so bad to pull over and deliver him some rock hard knuckles to the face, but I contained myself and just waved and smiled and drove on. Man some people can be real assholes...

Thanks SP. I'm gonna just go with my original plan and run 30mg halo preworkout the last 4 weeks.

Last edited:
Mega for your question on the protein intake. He put it simply. 1.5g of protein per lbs of body weight. Which me being 206 would put me at 309g of protein.

General rule of thumb is usually 1g per pound of body weight. Perhaps he is confusing this with grams per pound of LBM? Might be interesting to ask him.

Was he receptive to you asking him questions about why he is doing things a certain way?

I'm not sure how you would put it, but I can tell my patience and "road rage" are back to being short.. had a guy cut me off, fly up on my ass and start giving me the finger and motioning to pull over to fight him... he was pissed at me because I was actually driving the speed limit... (habit from being a dad) I wanted so bad to pull over and deliver him some rock hard knuckles to the face, but I contained myself and just waved and smiled and drove on. Man some people can be real assholes...

Sounds like it is time to check your estradiol. You should be the happiest guy in the world right now and nothing should bother you. What you experienced is a sign of elevated estradiol in my opinion.

Also, on the TNE, I have never used it but I can't imagine how one would manage estradiol on it.

Yeah he was receptive to me asking questions. I've heard everything to .8g per pound all the way to 2g per lb. It's working so I'm not concerned. He's the nutritionalist not me lol. Even if it is a bit overkill, it won't hurt and the extra protein helps keep me full. I know that every coach has different protocols and ways they do things. I paid the guy, he's had a successful career in bodybuilding, so I trust his word and judgement.

About the road rage incident.... I've always had bad road rage, I guess I didn't articulate that very well but what I was getting at is that I was surprised I didn't get more angry than I did.

Back