Training Question

jaygraham

Rcently I have been doing a lot of arms about 2 times in a 7 day period. I do alot of bench and biceps but the next day I do not feel stiff or very tired. Also my gains while IO have been doing this have been going up at a higher level can anyone tell me what this is about?

soress is not always a mesuer of whether u wporked your body hard enough

I'd need ot see your rouitne but tiaing the same body parts multiple times a week will eventualyl lead to over triainng IMO

and I hope ur not just traning your chest and biceps. if your looknig for a beach body remember your triceps make up 2/3 of the arm but u'll look funny with big arms and chest and no delts or legs.

OOh I definately am not going beac boy. I play football so I train to get faster but my bench lacks so I do lots of bench and variations. My schedule for my arms is mon bench inside grip bench incline bench dips tri extensions preacher curls dumbell curls lat pull downs and in between bench reps I do as many push ups as I can. I do the same thing on friday and on wednesday I do shoulders...

i don't understand the question.
are you training for size/looks or for football?
you said you don't want a 'beach body' but you're training bodyparts instead of for strength or explosive power.

Don't associate muscle soreness with progress. Post your entire workout for the week, so we have a better idea of what you're talking about.

wench said:
i don't understand the question.
are you training for size/looks or for football?
you said you don't want a 'beach body' but you're training bodyparts instead of for strength or explosive power.

exactly a BB'er routine is not the best thing for sports training

Ok, the reason I do such things as curls is because I have noticed once last year that the bicep is used to pull the ball away from another opponent. Anyways my work out goes like this.
Monday- Bench
bench variations
tris
bies
Tuesday-squats
jump squats
one legged squats with no weight
wednesday- running and agility drills
Thursday-power cleans
hex bar
shoulders
Friday- Lightrunning squats and bench
Each day before I work out I do some ab work.

I have never read that on any training schedule for football players about bis. You really should be doing some kind of cleans, and keeping it simple.

Back