Training when on

volatile

Hi guys,

I've finally decided to do my first cycle after 7 years of training and have been wondering about this question for quite some time now.

My recuperation is normally about average or a tad below shall we say. I believe I get best results when training like dorian yates with the last set being the only one that is taken to complete and utter failure on a 3 day split. Now, because ive heard so much about how steroids greatly improving recuperation I have been questioning the idea of training with all my sets to failure on say a 4 day split instead. Surely its best to make the most of what you have when "on" and do as much volume as you can get away with? Is this the right approach to take?

Even more importantly, how should training be done during PCT and "off", is it a case of dorian style training to try and keep as much strength as possible from the cycle and limit overtraining? I know the main thing is recovery hence why I will be trying to get this down to a tee, including running HCG @ 250iu 2x a week during the course with a spot on PCT using nolva/and or clomid. Additionally my diet will be flawless and I will be on BCAA's, Glutamine, Creatine and Adams multivitamin throughout everything.

Please let me know your thoughts as I am very interested.

Keep it the same. You can overtrain on AAS just as easily as you can naturally. Your strength should be going up which will give you the results you want. Recovery is very important.

I was wondering the same thing.

right now I'm on a day on, day off type routine.
Day1: Chest/Biceps
2: Cardio
3: Legs
4: Cardio
5:Shoulder/Triceps
6: Cardio
7: Back
8: Cardio

Repeat.

Is this a good routine while on cycle?

I was wondering the same thing.

right now I'm on a day on, day off type routine.
Day1: Chest/Biceps
2: Cardio
3: Legs
4: Cardio
5:Shoulder/Triceps
6: Cardio
7: Back
8: Cardio

Repeat.

Is this a good routine while on cycle?

id switch the chest to triceps...and move biceps to back do a shoulder only day but it hit hard

Hi guys,

I've finally decided to do my first cycle after 7 years of training and have been wondering about this question for quite some time now.

My recuperation is normally about average or a tad below shall we say. I believe I get best results when training like dorian yates with the last set being the only one that is taken to complete and utter failure on a 3 day split. Now, because ive heard so much about how steroids greatly improving recuperation I have been questioning the idea of training with all my sets to failure on say a 4 day split instead. Surely its best to make the most of what you have when "on" and do as much volume as you can get away with? Is this the right approach to take?

Even more importantly, how should training be done during post cycle therapy (pct) and "off", is it a case of dorian style training to try and keep as much strength as possible from the cycle and limit overtraining? I know the main thing is recovery hence why I will be trying to get this down to a tee, including running HCG @ 250iu 2x a week during the course with a spot on post cycle therapy (pct) using nolva/and or clomid. Additionally my diet will be flawless and I will be on BCAA's, Glutamine, Creatine and Adams multivitamin throughout everything.

Please let me know your thoughts as I am very interested.

u do know that Dorian Yates did not train on a 3-day split right?? it was more like a 4-day split, but he never trained a bodypart more than once per week... I remember him saying once every eight days was what worked best for him...

training shouldn't change from being "on" to being "off"... keep the intensity high in the gym, eat plenty and get enough rest

Thanks for the replies guys.

@China_Wall - Yep, I know hes on a 4 day split but I alterated it to a 3 day to allow for more recuperation but I still hold his main principles in that only the last set is taken to absolute failure is what I meant. I am considering changing it to his exact split but over an 8 day period so the days rotate on a day on day off protocol as in BXNY's example.

Back