Trying to get back to what I was 10 years ago,

Clintman

I've decided to get back into real shape. I'm 35 with osteo arthritis in my knees and I tore my achilles tendon the last time I was using any gear (6 years ago) playing Men's club rugby. I've done no gear since then, and all I have done is lift moderately 2-3 x a week with a couple of 6 -9 month sabbaticals of not lifting at all to wait for injuries to fix themselves.

I had my test levels checked (317), and I now meet the requirements to start TRT with my doctor. But I think I'd like to do a little more than TRT protocol.
What would most on here recommend? I was leaning toward running 350mg of test cyp every two weeks for the rest of my life. I've got a little boy and one on the way, so I'm not worried about having anymore kids. I just bought a house on 22 acres, so I spend a lot of time working out doors and I lift 3 times a week with one of my friends from High school.

My lifts are still pretty good. I benched 405 a year ago and I was able to deadlift 575 last wednesday. I don't squat heavy because of my knees.

I'm 6'1, 260lbs and probably 21% bodyfat according to my callipers. I've been doing IM and Keto for the last 6 weeks. (I was 275 when I started). We run a mile before every workout.

I think i put out all of the relevant information.
Thanks,

350 every 2 weeks ? Hmm. This is not trt.

Bench 405? That's very good.

Anyway.....more to the point here. I would lose weight. Nail down the diet and workout......then worry about gear. You seem to have enough experience you could utilize here to achieve your goals. Get your weight down and keep as much muscle as you can. Then decide what to do with your hormones.

I dont know......this is just what I hope I would do in your shoes and what I'd encourage a friend to do

Just stick with the intermediate fasting and keto, add some clen and sr9009 and get lean as fuck! Then worry about getting jacked on gear later.

I'm really not sure why my testosterone is so low. I did 4 1/2 cycles in my twenties. (4) 12 week cycles of test (500 mg) with different esthers and anavar, and (1) 6 week cycle of test and deca. I'm 35 and a little beaten down. I definitely don't get enough sleep. I probably sleep 5 hours a night on average. This is the third time I've had my levels checked in the last 3 or 4 years. I've always been low. I've been holding off on doing any steroids in my thirties because I wanted to wait until I had all the kids I wanted before I was going to go back on.

Just stick with the intermediate fasting and keto, add some clen and sr9009 and get lean as fuck! Then worry about getting jacked on gear later.

I've taken clen before. I was not crazy about messing with my nervous system. I'm not familiar with sr 9009.

350 every 2 weeks ? Hmm. This is not trt.

Bench 405? That's very good.

Anyway.....more to the point here. I would lose weight. Nail down the diet and workout......then worry about gear. You seem to have enough experience you could utilize here to achieve your goals. Get your weight down and keep as much muscle as you can. Then decide what to do with your hormones.

I dont know......this is just what I hope I would do in your shoes and what I'd encourage a friend to do

I think TRT is usually like 200 mg every two weeks. I was wanting to put my T levels at around 1000. So that I'm just barely out of the normal range. I've always been pretty sensitive to test and I usually gain 30 pounds within 6 weeks, and my face swells up a little so I want to do a light dose.

How low should i get my bf%? I've dieted like a madman before and I've never been sub 15%. I am an endomorph. If I'm not doing straight keto I always am doing anabolic diet (5 days keto, 2 days eating carbs). I've been doing this for a decade.

I think TRT is usually like 200 mg every two weeks. I was wanting to put my T levels at around 1000. So that I'm just barely out of the normal range. I've always been pretty sensitive to test and I usually gain 30 pounds within 6 weeks, and my face swells up a little so I want to do a light dose.

How low should i get my bf%? I've dieted like a madman before and I've never been sub 15%. I am an endomorph. If I'm not doing straight keto I always am doing anabolic diet (5 days keto, 2 days eating carbs). I've been doing this for a decade.

Every 2 week dosing should be a crime!

Update:

I just got a script from my doc. He is wanting me to do 200 mg of test cyp per month. With one injection per month. I have not studied some of this stuff this decade, but I was always under the impression that test had a half life of like 2-3 days. My doctor is 83 years old and I don't think he's all that up to date on TRT but I'm fatter than I should be and so I want to do this under a doctor's supervision. Aside from albuterol and anavar, is there anything else I should take?

Update:

I just got a script from my doc. He is wanting me to do 200 mg of test cyp per month. With one injection per month. I have not studied some of this stuff this decade, but I was always under the impression that test had a half life of like 2-3 days. My doctor is 83 years old and I don't think he's all that up to date on TRT but I'm fatter than I should be and so I want to do this under a doctor's supervision. Aside from albuterol and anavar, is there anything else I should take?

Cyp is 9 or 10 days, can never remember exactly.
So once a month is not enough... Once per week would be the very least to keep stable blood levels and not have peaks/lows where you feel like utter shit. (standard for cyp is twice per week)

Cyp is 9 or 10 days, can never remember exactly.
So once a month is not enough... Once per week would be the very least to keep stable blood levels and not have peaks/lows where you feel like utter shit. (standard for cyp is twice per week)

They are okay with me doing injections myself after they do a couple for me at the office. I should be good if I inject 25mg 2x per week?

They are okay with me doing injections myself after they do a couple for me at the office. I should be good if I inject 25mg 2x per week?

I missed your doctor suggested 200mg / month....
Which is WAY to low...
You would have to verify with bloodwork but I'd say 100mg twice per week would put you on the upper levels of a young male.
Will you also run HCG?

Clintman, you said you wanted levels of around 1,000. To hit that you'd want to take 150 mg/wk Test E or C, and 500 IU/wk HCG.

The way to achieve nice flat blood levels is to use an injection schedule of no more than one half of a half life. Cyp's half life is 8 days, so every 4 days is optimal. Enanthate is 10 days, so every 5 days. You could just keep it simple and do 2x per week 75 mg E plus 250 IU HCG.

I would normally refrain from calling anybody an idiot, but your doctor in this instance recommending 200 mg once per mo is giving idiotic advice. Your levels would be all over the place making you feel ok for a few days, mediocre for most, and like plain old shit for a good number too. Your test level couldn't be accurately measured as it would depend on what day you checked, but if it were flat at that dosage with no HCG it would probably be around 300.

Here's what 200 1x per mo look like with Cyp 8 day half life.

View attachment 567605

FYI 14 ish is normal for somebody producing 10mg/day testosterone, this protocol would have you permannently sub-normal and on a roller coaster ride from hell.

I missed your doctor suggested 200mg / month....
Which is WAY to low...
You would have to verify with bloodwork but I'd say 100mg twice per week would put you on the upper levels of a young male.
Will you also run HCG?

It sounded way too low to me as well. I love my doctor, I've been with him since I was a little kid, but he is 83 years old. I have no problem getting my hands on any steroid I would need. I just wanted to do this under my doctor's supervision. I'm sure he would be willing to up the dose after the first month of me using TRT, but is not difficult for me to bring in test cyp. I was planning on running HCG, it's on my shopping list right now. I'm pretty unfamiliar with it, will it help boost my natural production too?

Clintman, you said you wanted levels of around 1,000. To hit that you'd want to take 150 mg/wk Test E or C, and 500 IU/wk HCG.

The way to achieve nice flat blood levels is to use an injection schedule of no more than one half of a half life. Cyp's half life is 8 days, so every 4 days is optimal. Enanthate is 10 days, so every 5 days. You could just keep it simple and do 2x per week 75 mg E plus 250 IU HCG.

I would normally refrain from calling anybody an idiot, but your doctor in this instance recommending 200 mg once per mo is giving idiotic advice. Your levels would be all over the place making you feel ok for a few days, mediocre for most, and like plain old shit for a good number too. Your test level couldn't be accurately measured as it would depend on what day you checked, but if it were flat at that dosage with no HCG it would probably be around 300.

Here's what 200 1x per mo look like with Cyp 8 day half life.

View attachment 567605

FYI 14 ish is normal for somebody producing 10mg/day testosterone, this protocol would have you permannently sub-normal and on a roller coaster ride from hell.

Like I said in the other post, my doc is 83. He's an impressive man, but he is old and much less educated on this than I am, but I wanted to do everything under doc supervision because I am 35 with a family and I'm pretty happy with where my life is and I would hate to get some health issues because I was taking steroids and not monitoring my bloodwork ,blood pressure properly. I will have to go in to get the first injection today or tomorrow. I have syringes at home, I've always injected myself in the past. I will be sure to do every 4 days as you suggested.
I thought the amount he prescribe for me was about half of what I needed to get the levels I want. Your post pretty much confirms that. If you were in my position, would you buy test without a script, double the dosage recommended by my doc and supplement my black market test C with prescription test C? I was just planning on waiting for my next blood test results and hope that he would adjust accordingly. I'm not an emotional person, but I still am wary of my hormones being out of whack. I hate to ask for a favor since you've already been very helpful, but where can I get the info you used for your chart? I can use the test C profile on this site I think to make the case on the half life of the test C- but I don't know if a printout that says steroidology.com will make my doc change his course.
Thanks for everything though, you guys have all given me a lot of great info.

After that first injection get your doc to allow you to do it yourself, then follow the 75mg 2x per week routine, plus HCG, supplementing with black market if that's what you need to do. When your blood tests come back looking great you can tell him what you are doing, or keep it to yourself. If you get your levels up around 1,000 you might need a small dose of AI, but very small. Careful not to overdo it.

To do those calcs for yourself seach up steroid calculator powerbody in a search engine. You'll need to know your dosages, frequency, and half life.

After that first injection get your doc to allow you to do it yourself, then follow the 75mg 2x per week routine, plus HCG, supplementing with black market if that's what you need to do. When your blood tests come back looking great you can tell him what you are doing, or keep it to yourself. If you get your levels up around 1,000 you might need a small dose of AI, but very small. Careful not to overdo it.

To do those calcs for yourself seach up steroid calculator powerbody in a search engine. You'll need to know your dosages, frequency, and half life.

I come in over 1000 at every doc visit.....I keep my estrogen levels reasonable so my doc leaves me alone.

My point is....this is great advice

Last edited:
Back