Tuna patties

LongBall

Here is a recipe I found and tried, came out pretty good. I cooked it on my Foreman.

1 can (6 oz. solid white tuna drained)
1 egg, beaten
3 Tbls of salsa
1 cup cooked brown rice
garlic
bread crumbs

Mix it all up and form into four patties. I only used enough bread crumbs to get it to stick together. Preheat the grill for a couple of minutes and cook for 4 minutes. (I sprayed the grill with Pam spray oil.)

It was a good change of pace from just plain old tuna and only took about 10 minutes from start to finish.

Longball

Tuna and Onions

Found this one at a different site, I am always looking for ways to change tuna up a bit.

This one's from the Taste of Club Creavalle - top bodybuilding competitor Laura Creavalle's recipe book from her and her husband Chris Aceto's 4 day bodybuilding camp.

1 6.5 oz can of tuna, drained
1 Spanish onion, chopped
1 T. Mrs. Dash garlic and herbs
1 lg tomato, chopped

Spray a nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Saute chopped onion for 5 minutes. Add drained tuna, seasoning and tomatoes. Saute for an additional 2 to 3 minutes or until tuna and tomatoes are completely heated. Serve with mixed vegetables and angel hair pasta. Serves 2.

Calories 155, Carbohydrates 9, Protein 24, Fat 2.5.

Longball

I've never put rice in them before but that sounds interesting. I really don't like rice but maybe this way I could get it down. I usually use 2 cans of tuna, onion, crushed garlic, and liquid eggwhites. Sometimes i'll crush some no salt saltines to keep it together better. i throw mine on the barb-q. You definitely have to spray the grill though with some pam or something to prevent sticking or I'll also just put them in some tin foil and thrown them on the barb-q and voila....barb-q tuna burgers!:p

Fyre said:
I've never put rice in them before but that sounds interesting. I really don't like rice but maybe this way I could get it down. I usually use 2 cans of tuna, onion, crushed garlic, and liquid eggwhites. Sometimes i'll crush some no salt saltines to keep it together better. i throw mine on the barb-q. You definitely have to spray the grill though with some pam or something to prevent sticking or I'll also just put them in some tin foil and thrown them on the barb-q and voila....barb-q tuna burgers!:p

Italian breadcrumbs work great as a binder. Can get a larger container for like 2 dollars and they last forever.

Fyre said:

Why the hell is "Voila" spelled like this? Does this bother anyone else or just me? It should be Wala. One more thing to thank the french for.

Anyways, have any of you tried the new flavored tunas they sell. Just started seeing them in the store over the last month or so. Comes in lemon, hickory, flavors a few more, but it does add some spice to the same old tuna.

Back