Ufc 96: March 7, 2009

Eze

UFC 96: MARCH 7, 2009
venue: Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio

Main Card Bouts:
-Quinton Jackson (#4 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Keith Jardine (#8 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
-Gabriel Gonzaga (#8 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Shane Carwin
-Matt Hammil vs. Mark Munoz
-Gray Maynard vs. Jim Miller
-Matt Brown vs. Pete Sell

Preliminary Bouts:
-Brandon Vera vs. Mike Patt
-Kendall Grove vs. Jason Day
-Tim Boetsch vs. Jason Brilz
-Tamdan McCrory vs. Ryan Madigan
-Aaron Riley vs. Shane Nelson

Last edited:
Rampage vs Jardine????

Common, that's lame. Jardine was dominated by Silva, Rampage KO'd Silva pretty darn quick. It doesn't make a lot of sense with this matchup other than trying to ge Rampage back into title contention ASAP (low risk fight)

Milquetoast card if I've ever seen one. Rampage will floor Jardine first round unless Jardine literally turns his back and runs away the whole fight.

I think you have to give Greg Jackson more credit than that. I bet Keith passes the first round. But that's all I'm betting. lol

Yes...milquetoast card.

There are two interesting fights to me..
-Jason Brilz vs. Tim Boetsch

I sort of know Tim through one way or another, we've spoken a few times...and he's one hell of guy. I always pull for him to win.
I like both Matt and Pete in the other fight and that makes it interesting.

Otherwise, the card sucks.

they have to hurry up with rampage if they want him to fight Rashad for the title. His sentence is post-poned until 2010. Then he has to go to the bighouse.

I think you have to give Greg Jackson more credit than that. I bet Keith passes the first round. But that's all I'm betting. lol

Yes...milquetoast card.

There are two interesting fights to me..
-Jason Brilz vs. Tim Boetsch

I sort of know Tim through one way or another, we've spoken a few times...and he's one hell of guy. I always pull for him to win.
I like both Matt and Pete in the other fight and that makes it interesting.

Otherwise, the card sucks.

they have to hurry up with rampage if they want him to fight Rashad for the title. His sentence is post-poned until 2010. Then he has to go to the bighouse.

The fights you mentioned would be good for a fight night, but not UFC worthy. I too am a big fan of the Barbarian. Jardine doesn't have the chin to contend with Page. I said the same thing about Forrest and look where that got me. But still, I have to assume Rampage will hit him at some point in the fight.

Dustin Hazelett is the only fight I want to see. He's made it pretty clear that he wants to be a UFC BJJ star, so I want to see what sub he pulls out or tries to pull out.

If Jardine leg kicks like a scarred rape victim, I like he has a descent shot. I will bet on Rampage thought because I think Jardine will get caught in the second round. I also think the Sell/Brown fight will be interesting. I think Sell has too much power if they keep it standing.

If Jardine leg kicks like a scarred rape victim, I like he has a descent shot. I will bet on Rampage thought because I think Jardine will get caught in the second round. I also think the Sell/Brown fight will be interesting. I think Sell has too much power if they keep it standing.

Rampage was not prepared to deal with leg kicks. I can promise you that he knows to counter a round kick with a right hand. So Jardine has to be careful with those kicks and staying in range. In order to really get the most from the kick, you end up in the power range of a right hand.

I agree with you on the power issue! However, Brown's Muay Thai has improved leaps and bounds since he was on the tv show. The technical aspect of his striking is MUCH improved. But Pete has got to have the edge on the ground. Should be an interesting fight.

Everyone is going to kick the shit out of Rampage's legs. After watching Forrest chop him down it seems like a good plan if you ask me. He hardly checked any of the kicks, so until he does he should expect to get peppered with leg kicks.

But all Rampage needs to do is hit him with one solid right and it is night night

Rampage vs Jardine????

Common, that's lame. Jardine was dominated by Silva, Rampage KO'd Silva pretty darn quick. It doesn't make a lot of sense with this matchup other than trying to ge Rampage back into title contention ASAP (low risk fight)

yeah, jardine being the main event is pretty disappointing.

I sort of know Tim through one way or another, we've spoken a few times...and he's one hell of guy.

i wonder what makes someone "one hell of a guy" after talking a few times. you think anyone talks to me a few times and says "that captainawesome is one hell of a guy!"

Rampage vs Jardine????

I think this is a good fight. Here you have Rampage who lost to Griffin, who Jardine beat. Jardine also beat Liddel; another high ranked fighter. Both have fought some good contenders and have lost to some; a good match up.

One thing I've learned is to not count out Jardine. He is one of those fighters that can surprise you, and can take a beating. And if it doesn't work out then Rampage I suspect if wins then will get a chance at Evans; and beat him for the title.

Not bad at all if you ask me.

One fight Jardine can take a beating, the next he will get crushed by Houston Alexander. He inconsistent if nothing else.

Main Card Bouts:
-Quinton Jackson (#4 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Keith Jardine (#8 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
-Gabriel Gonzaga (#8 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Shane Carwin
-Matt Hammil vs. Mark Munoz
-Gray Maynard vs. Jim Miller

Preliminary Bouts:
-Brandon Vera vs. Mike Patt
-Kendall Grove vs. Jason Day
-Tim Boetsch vs. Jason Brilz
-Tamdan McCrory vs. Ryan Madigan
-Aaron Riley vs. Shane Nelson

Main Card:
-Jackson