Ufc 96: March 7, 2009

Come on u guys! Gonzaga ANd Carwin is going to be the fight.

It should be a good one. Manbearpig wilts when he's physically pressured. The best thing Carwin can do is close the gap, work striking in the clinch and then pound Gonzaga out when he gasses.

It should be a good one. Manbearpig wilts when he's physically pressured. The best thing Carwin can do is close the gap, work striking in the clinch and then pound Gonzaga out when he gasses.

LOL.. yep! should be a good fight though. I think I picked Gonzaga by tko middle of round 2 on my UFC fantasy picks.

LOL.. yep! should be a good fight though. I think I picked Gonzaga by tko middle of round 2 on my UFC fantasy picks.

It's an interesting fight because Carwin has all the skills to finish Gonzaga and Gonzaga has all the skills to finish Carwin. The x-factor is going to be how Carwin looks if he makes it out of the first round.

They should of paired up koscheck and anthony johnson instead of another no name for josh "I should stick to my wrestling" koscheck

UFC 96: MARCH 7, 2009
venue: Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio

Main Card Bouts:
-Quinton Jackson (#4 Light Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Keith Jardine (#8 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
-Gabriel Gonzaga (#8 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Shane Carwin
-Matt Hammil vs. Mark Munoz
-Gray Maynard vs. Jim Miller
-Matt Brown vs. Pete Sell

Preliminary Bouts:
-Brandon Vera vs. Mike Patt
-Kendall Grove vs. Jason Day
-Tim Boetsch vs. Jason Brilz
-Tamdan McCrory vs. Ryan Madigan
-Aaron Riley vs. Shane Nelson

I should definitely get some picks up before the card starts.

Rampage
Carwin
Munoz
Miller
Brown

Vera
Day
Boetsch
Mcrory
Riley

I am going nuts picking upsets.

Are you kidding me bro? Rampage may rape Jardine, but Jardine deserves to be where he is at! FOR SURE! I am definately going for Jardine even though he is the underdog.

WhaaaaaaaAt, jardine does NOT deserve to be in the main event.

Yes he did and I knew he would! He deserved to be there. He come close to having Rampage a couple times!

He did well.. Rampage definetly respected Jardine's skills because he was not the typical aggressive/go forward Jackson.. he was going in an out and seemed a little tamed.

I thought both fighters would try a little harder to finish, especially Rampage. Over the last few fights he's developed a very passive counter striking technique which seems to be working well for him.

Are you kidding me bro? Rampage may rape Jardine, but Jardine deserves to be where he is at! FOR SURE! I am definately going for Jardine even though he is the underdog.

i wasnt kidding. i think main events should be top fighters. i dont think jardine is among the best or most entertaining.

i didnt watch this event so i cant comment. however, just because a guy has an entertaining fight doesnt mean he should be in the main event.

Last edited:
I haven't watched this card yet. I was busy with work stuff, but from what I hear it wasn't very good.

Back