Ultimate Post Workout Shake; Cost is no obect?

Landmonster

Hi All,

I'm trying to determine what the current scientific research would suggest is the "ultimate" post workout shake for pure mass building, if cost is no object.

Essentially, I'm looking for the optimal sources and ideal ratios of ingredients. I'm willing to pay the price, and also I'm willing to mix it myself. I'm not looking for a pre-made shake... if one even exists.

So it comes down to....

Protein: What form of whey? (Isolate, hydrolyzed, etc) How much? Do we need to mix in a ratio of other proteins, such as egg or hydrolyzed casein?
---------------------------
Carbs: What type, and how much? Common suggestions are dextrose, maltodextrin, waxy maize, or Gatorade mix.
------------------------------
Fats: Do we need any fat during post workout? If so, what type?
----------------------------------
Amino Acids: Current research suggests adding BCAAs. What about other specific amino acids, or leucine?
-----------------------------
Creatne and/or Glutamine: What is the consensus on type and amounts of creatine to use? Is any Glutamine effective? What about glutamine peptides? The last word I heard was that oral glutamine was ineffective.
--------------
Other ingredients: Should we be adding any certain vitamins, enyzmes, peptides, or anything unusual that most people haven't thought of yet?

I've never noticed a difference from doing creatine post workout as opposed to any other time of the day personally. My ideal shake would probably be something like whey, dex, and some oats. Fast acting protein, fast carbs, and some slow digesting carbs to slow down the sugar rush and give you some sustainability for a few hours until you can get to another good meal.

Check out muscle replenisher, it's pretty darn good.

scientific research shows post workout meal makes no difference. food you eat after workout is not digested and used til much later then after your workout. save your money

Back