Undergoing Surgery, Mouth Wired Shut For 1 Month. Roids To Avoid Muscle Wasting?

mickey224

I'm undergoing jaw surgery in a month and my mouth will be wired shut for 1 month. I will only be able to drink out of a straw and my caloric intake will be limited.

I'd like to know what I could take to avoid muscle wasting/atrophy (without taking to many risks to my health). I've previously taken one 4 month course of 400mg Test +Equipoise with 2.5 finasteride, but I experienced massive hair loss as a result. I really DO NOT want to lose any more hair.

I was thinking of 10-15mg of Ostarine. Any other ideas?

male, 38yrs, 135, 5'5", lean build, 15%BF.

Deal with it mate...muscle memory will see you through OK ? Do a trt dose of 100 mg a week...limit volume of training and come on ...1 month ? I just lost 27 pounds to cancer meds...1 fkn month...you got a life time to recover..

Don t get mad but in 12 years ; 3 times I ve lost this much weight or more. Ur bodies a miracle and you will survive this. Avoid the scale...you ll be spot on in 3 months OK ?

Hair loss...no idea...

I'm undergoing jaw surgery in a month and my mouth will be wired shut for 1 month. I will only be able to drink out of a straw and my caloric intake will be limited.

I'd like to know what I could take to avoid muscle wasting/atrophy (without taking to many risks to my health). I've previously taken one 4 month course of 400mg Test +Equipoise with 2.5 finasteride, but I experienced massive hair loss as a result. I really DO NOT want to lose any more hair.

I was thinking of 10-15mg of Ostarine. Any other ideas?

male, 38yrs, 135, 5'5", lean build, 15%BF.

Do you mean your caloric intake will be limited because you will only be able to drink through a straw? Seems to me that's a matter of persistence and imagination - protein shakes, milk shakes, egg whites, etc.

Do you mean your caloric intake will be limited because you will only be able to drink through a straw? Seems to me that's a matter of persistence and imagination - protein shakes, milk shakes, egg whites, etc.

Yes I plan on surviving on protein shakes through a straw, but there is just no way I can consume 1100-1500 calories through a straw. I'll already be on painkillers, etc.

Deal with it mate...muscle memory will see you through OK ? Do a trt dose of 100 mg a week...limit volume of training and come on ...1 month ? I just lost 27 pounds to cancer meds...1 fkn month...you got a life time to recover..

Don t get mad but in 12 years ; 3 times I ve lost this much weight or more. Ur bodies a miracle and you will survive this. Avoid the scale...you ll be spot on in 3 months OK ?

Hair loss...no idea...

I don't think it makes sense to compare our situations as they are very different. Weight training is contraindicated as it places stress on the jaw. I'm an ectomorph, so I'm a very hard gainer. If I lose another 10lb, it will be VERY hard and long for me to gain it back.

I really want to stay away from anything that will result in more hair loss, so I'm not so sure about taking testosterone... I was thinking of Ostarine...

Last edited:
Yes I plan on surviving on protein shakes through a straw, but there is just no way I can consume 1100-1500 calories through a straw. I'll already be on painkillers, etc.

A single large McDonalds shake has over 1100 calories...

A single large McDonalds shake has over 1100 calories...

Ha ha! A McD shake is pure sugar. I don't think that could work. My mouth will be wired shut for 1 month, so I can only brush on the outside. The doctor told me that I will have to avoid anything sugary in order to avoid developing cavities. :(

Mass gainer shakes are easy as to make at home... Couple cups of mill, 2 scoops of protein, some oatmeal, throw in some banana, peanut butter, whatever you want throw it in and blend it up you could easy get 1000 clean calories out of a drink if you want.
Make a couple juice smoothies throughout the day to keep micronutrient intake up, easy as.

Imo i think your kind of looking for a reason to justify using osta or another anabolic. A straw isn't gonna limit your intake, its just gonna limit your food choices. But still easily do able.

Mass gainer shakes are easy as to make at home... Couple cups of mill, 2 scoops of protein, some oatmeal, throw in some banana, peanut butter, whatever you want throw it in and blend it up you could easy get 1000 clean calories out of a drink if you want.
Make a couple juice smoothies throughout the day to keep micronutrient intake up, easy as.

Imo i think your kind of looking for a reason to justify using osta or another anabolic. A straw isn't gonna limit your intake, its just gonna limit your food choices. But still easily do able.

Agree^^^, my morning shake consists of scoop of protein, oatmeal,egg whites, banana and coconut oil, skim milk, easy 1000 cals right there. Good luck!!

Man, I drink more calories than I eat. I just find it easier. Get a decent food processor and you could probably drink a steak.

Chicken breast water and a blender....... down the hatch. Best part is, if you puke it will stay in your mouth so you can swallow it aagain....... waste not want not

Olive oil my friend. Mix it with your shakes.

If I was in your position I would be starting a cycle (if I was considering one), just test at 250mg per week or so and continuing it (increase it to cycle doses, add compounds, whatever you normally do) when you're able to eat again. (Waiting for everyone to flame this idea, so give me a reason why not).

Or you could look at it as a month off, you will bounce back, it could be worse.

I don't think it makes sense to compare our situations as they are very different. Weight training is contraindicated as it places stress on the jaw. I'm an ectomorph, so I'm a very hard gainer. If I lose another 10lb, it will be VERY hard and long for me to gain it back.

I really want to stay away from anything that will result in more hair loss, so I'm not so sure about taking testosterone... I was thinking of Ostarine...

I ll shave my head and NAIL my jaw shot for a month......wanna swap....???

Back