Updated Bloods Very low t. Looking for input

rational16

hey boys, so I got some recent blood work and in 5 months my test has dropped a lot even on Syntroid.
My Endo who is female wanted to treat my thyroid and not testosterone at first due to long term shutdown and because I am 28. I've been depressed lately and now I know it's my Low test. It's gonna take me another 3 months to see my Endo that's how long it take to get an appointment. and who knows what she will say this time I mean 3 months ago i had bloodwork done after beeing on synthroid .075mg for 5 months and my endo said that since my thyroid levels were fine now but my T was low that I would no longer need to see her and to just follow up with my GP in 6 months.... Im going to my doctor to probably ask for a new ENDO but the wait till still take long. I have tried a restart and it didnt work. anyways I want to get a hold of this and my life, and dont want to wait a year for appointments and what not.

I debated just doing another test p/var cycle just to get me back in shape and happy and then maintain a own trt from that point on. Or just do the 3 month cycle and in 5-6 month see my endo and hope she will see how i need treatment. But I am also scared to go on trt at 28. I still want to have kids. and all that in the future.

Looking for some thoughts on how I should handle this and what to do.

My results are BOLD followed by Ref range and Units

This bloodwork was done a few days after fighting off a cold a root canal and infection in my root canal.

TSH 1.95 0.32-5.04 mU/L
Testosterone A 6.2 8.4-28.8 nmol/L
Testosterone Free Calculated 159 115-577 pmol/L
Testosterone Bioavailable Calculated 3.7 2.7-13.5 nmol/L
Sex Hormone Binding Globulin 18.0 10.0-70.0 nmol/L
Hematology
WBC 4.5 4.0-10.0 10*9/L
RBC 5.39 4.20-5.40 10*12/L
Hemoglobin 157 135-170 g/L
Hematocrit 0.46 0.40-0.50 L/L
MCV 85 82-98 fl
MCH 29.1 27.5-33.5 pg
MCHC 344 300-370 g/L
RDW 13.9 11.5-14.5 %
Platelet Count 195 150-400 10*9/L

I have done cycles n the past, Ive been clean for 2 years. here a few of my previous posts

http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/678009-help-bloodwork-results.html
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/680080-low-t-cycling-after-not-soo-good-restart-attempt-bloodwork-attached.html#post3665469
http://www.steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/683471-second-endo-appointment-their-recommendation-my-recovery.html

Last edited:
TSH looks good. But didn't you get a full thyroid panel?

You have Hypogonadism and it needs to be treated. Can you post the rest of your blood work? We need to see LH. FSH at a minimum. Estradiol and Prolactin would be nice.

thanks for the reply. unfortunately my gp did not ask for those bloods. I will go back and ask for a full report with those included and get back to you guys thank you.

I wouldn't wait, and it's asinine for her to tell you to do so. While thyroid issues can impact testosterone, it's rather difficult to judge as there just isn't enough information here to see if this is even secondary hypogonadism or not.

If it were me, I'd pay the 60 bucks for a private blood test or get in with your GP this next week. Get the pituitary hormones on there (prolactin, LH and FSH as Tron mentioned) so there's at least a direction that can be taken.

I would certainly fire the endo. I'm sorry, but if someone is going to treat thyroid issues, they need to be pulling actual thyroid hormones on a panel. TSH is a hormone made in the brain that is a very small part of the equation. You need T3, FT3, FT4, and RT3 to truly get an idea what is going on there.

In the meantime, give the TRT sticky a very good read over. There is a TON of excellent information in it that will help you make educated decisions moving forward. ;)

My .02c :)

I wouldn't wait, and it's asinine for her to tell you to do so. While thyroid issues can impact testosterone, it's rather difficult to judge as there just isn't enough information here to see if this is even secondary hypogonadism or not.

If it were me, I'd pay the 60 bucks for a private blood test or get in with your GP this next week. Get the pituitary hormones on there (prolactin, LH and FSH as Tron mentioned) so there's at least a direction that can be taken.

I would certainly fire the endo. I'm sorry, but if someone is going to treat thyroid issues, they need to be pulling actual thyroid hormones on a panel. TSH is a hormone made in the brain that is a very small part of the equation. You need T3, FT3, FT4, and RT3 to truly get an idea what is going on there.

In the meantime, give the TRT sticky a very good read over. There is a TON of excellent information in it that will help you make educated decisions moving forward. ;)

My .02c :)

hey guys she did test that stuff back in april, and thats when she said i No longer need to see her. because my bloods were in normal range. here are those bloods. The recent bloods i posted were from my GP i just asked him to give me bloods for test so i can see where i was at 4 months after my ENDO told me i was fine.

april
TSH 2.23 0.30-5.50 mU/L
LH 8.9 2.0-18.0 U/L
Prolactin 12.0 4.0-15.0 ug/L

Test 8.9 8.4 -28.7 nmol/l

hope this stuff helps. im gonna go and ask to get all this tested again now and we will see where i am at now

i have to wait until the weekday whether its going to my GP or private md labs. because im in canada. and can only buy the private labs thru the phone and they closed on weekends.

hey guys she did test that stuff back in april, and thats when she said i No longer need to see her. because my bloods were in normal range. here are those bloods. The recent bloods i posted were from my GP i just asked him to give me bloods for test so i can see where i was at 4 months after my ENDO told me i was fine.

april
TSH 2.23 0.30-5.50 mU/L
LH 8.9 2.0-18.0 U/L
Prolactin 12.0 4.0-15.0 ug/L

Test 8.9 8.4 -28.7 nmol/l

hope this stuff helps. im gonna go and ask to get all this tested again now and we will see where i am at now

i have to wait until the weekday whether its going to my GP or private md labs. because im in canada. and can only buy the private labs thru the phone and they closed on weekends.

You're hypogonadal brother, no denying that. A TT of 256ng/dL is absolute crap, and leave it to a doctor to think otherwise because they don't understand that reference ranges are a sample of all results in an area. As most folks that get tested are... sick and/or dying, how can they say with a straight face that you're fine at the bottom unless they're ignorant?

I'd get that pituitary looked at. While your prolactin and LH aren't super insanely high, they do hint towards either an issue with the pituitary (growth) or maybe a testicular issue like varicoceles/trauma/damage to the leydig cells.

Keep us posted, and best of luck!

Back