Urologist visit in 10 days

Outstanding! It is really worth the time to find a good MD willing to support you in the area.

As Chip said, recognize the opportunity you have to work with this MD and make sure you say on track.

Regards.

Just got back.

Very very very impressed with this guy.
He asked all the right questions, knew his stuff, and was very open to testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) via gel or injections (even self-administered). He was concerned about me losing fertility at such a young age (21). I asked about hCG, and he said that it's something we could look into.

I'm getting my bloods done again in a day or two, and then making a followup appointment. He said that if my test truly is low, he'll give me the choice or testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) if he feels that it's a wise option.

Outstanding! It is really worth the time to find a good MD willing to support you in the area.

As Chip said, recognize the opportunity you have to work with this MD and make sure you say on track.

Regards.

Believe me, I'm going to. I'm taking an active approach in staying on top of my new bloods and appts, and have decided to be 100% straight with him.

I will keep y'all updated. Thanks for the support.

Just to clarify, the addition of an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) can really only be addressed if after testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) treatment begins and followup blood tests show estrogen is too high, correct?

Got bloods redrawn. Total T was 295 pg/nl (280-800) at 7am. First draw months ago was 291 ng/pl.

Uro didn't hesitate to put me on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) after asking me what I thought. Unfortunately, he was staunchly opposed to injections as the gel's daily application more closely mimics the body's normal release of test.

I'm on 5 grams of 1% gel a day, which is 50mg a day. At the alleged 10% absorption rate, that comes out to 35mg a week. This should be equiavlent to roughly 50mg of cypionate a week right?

I'm getting blood redrawn in 6 weeks (just total test), and having a followup appointment a week after that. He's told me that's he's not familiar with estrogren control or hCG, so I'll most likely ask for a referral to an endocrinologist and push for injections, Aromatase inhibitor (AI) if necessary, and hCG if he's open to it.

We'll see how things go, and I'll likely ask for a referral to an endo so I can get hCG and an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) if necessary.

EDIT: most recent bloods below.

Really surprised to see my LH and FSH at double the levels they used to be, despite same total T.

total T 295 ng/dl (249-836)
LH 3.9 mIU/ml (1.7-8.6)
FSH 3.1 mIU/ml (1.5-12.4)
prolactin 8.5 ng/dl (4.0-15.2)
SBHG 20.4 nmol/l (14.5-48.4)

Last edited:
this is interesting man, keep us updated. let us know what effects you feel from the gel, and good luck!

lmao gel will just raise your E2 and the shortly the negatives will outweigh the positives. Have fun.

lmao gel will just raise your E2 and the shortly the negatives will outweigh the positives. Have fun.

X2. Gel is a waste of time. My original doctor wanted me on gel so he could raise my number. Keyword, raise my number, not my overall well-being. His magic number he wanted to raise it to was 500 even though an average male my age should be at around 650 minimum. I was glad I never went back to him.

Is was that or nothing.

X2. Gel is a waste of time. My original doctor wanted me on gel so he could raise my number. Keyword, raise my number, not my overall well-being. His magic number he wanted to raise it to was 500 even though an average male my age should be at around 650 minimum. I was glad I never went back to him.

My doc is (thankfully) more concerned about my symptoms rather than my numbers. He basically said "Well you're in range, sort of low, but since you have symptoms let's go ahead and HRT."

Again, in 6 weeks we will see how the bloods come back. If they're not where they need to be, hopefully I can pull the "we tried it your way, let's try it my way" card or get a referral to an actual endo.

Thanks for the continued support everyone. I will update everyone with anything worth of updating. End of day 2 and no noticeable effects.

Just go with Chip. Gel will literally cause metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and all the other goods things that come with estrogen stress. Even if you get shots from this doc, your SHBG will still be high as will your estrogen, albeit if done right not AS high as gel. Big waste of time and money playing their dog and pony show just to get screwed in the end and told you don't know what you are talking about.

Just go with Chip. Gel will literally cause metabolic syndrome, insulin resistance, and all the other goods things that come with estrogen stress. Even if you get shots from this doc, your SHBG will still be high as will your estrogen, albeit if done right not AS high as gel. Big waste of time and money playing their dog and pony show just to get screwed in the end and told you don't know what you are talking about.

I can't afford testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) unless I go through insurance. Otherwise, I would have given chip a call a LONG time ago.

I can't afford testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) unless I go through insurance. Otherwise, I would have given chip a call a LONG time ago.

I was prescribed Test Cyp and, later, HCG by a local doc. It wasn't very expensive. I don't remember the site policy on talking prices, but if you don't get a scary list of compounds like I have seen some clinic give, you might be able to squeeze it into your budget. Maybe find out what the scrip would be from Chip (or whomever) and price it out.

Also, my local doctor doesn't sell me the Test, and it seems to be less expensive at the pharmacy than through the clinics. That is purely anecdotal though, without discussing prices.

Back