username1's log

username1

Sorry this is going to be kind of long, you can skip all this if you want to get to my current numbers which are listed below.

Ex-alcoholic trying to make a lifestyle change, from several years ago drinking a 1/4 liter of vodka a day to eventually 6-10 beers a night for years, and now down to 1 mixed drink a night since last October (more than 3 months). Decided to make a lifestyle change since it seems that I was on my way to diabetes (and eventually worst), my blood test in October my glucose was 270. I decided then that I need to make a permanent change this time since I've tried to quit drinking before but, not been able to and it all started because of insomnia and turned in to something much worst. Luckily, i got on some sleeping meds that work most of the time (lunesta), helped me to where I don't need to be drunk to sleep. I have one drink a night these days, cut down from 1.5-2 and have not exceeded 1 a night for more than a month since. Have not cheated or got a "night off" to get drunk or anything since I made the change. I hope once I'm on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I'll start feeling much better that I won't need to drink at all. I always drank because it made me feel good.

I had to start execersing and change my diet because of the diabetes, eventually as I was researching more and more I ended up on this forum.

well after being on here for a few months and coming in with questions about test I was told to not waste any money with endo's and go with chip, took me a while to pull the trigger but, I did it, was here learning in the mean time, got a lot of good info from this forum. my shipment from Chip came in last week or so, today I did my first injection. Wanted to wait until after my first injection to upload the avatar, went ahead and did it just now.

I had started with 3j when I decided that I wanted to do testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) with maximus. I started back around early december I think but, out of 6 meals a day I think I've been doing 4 but, now that I'm on test I'll need to make sure I follow his meal plans to the T. I'm going to renew shortly, was on the basic plan.

Since a few months ago when I started eating healthy and exercising regularly, I've still lost about 12 or 13 pounds but, I have trouble gaining strength and my stomach is still not flat. Hopefully this will change on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) if I continue working hard.

I took my before pics and measurements and everything. These are my current numbers:

12/30/11

Total Test - 483 (I'm not technically low but, I don't feel good, depressed and fatigue a lot of the times, anxiety, ED, etc. all the symptoms of someone that's really low. If I went to a clinic I doubt anybody would help me just because of technicalities, unlike Chip who will help you based on you and where you are)

Free Test - 11.0
TSH - 3.100
Estradiol - 30.7
Estrone, Serum - 71
Estriol, Serum - <0.3
SHBG - 33.4

1-18-2012

Glucose - 97 (was 270 back in Oct.)
Cholestrol - 167
Triglycerides - 86
HDL cholestrol - 36
Calculated LDL Chol - 114
Risk ratio (chol/hdl) - 4.64
LDH - 117
SGot (AST) - 17
Sgpt (ALT) - 17

This is my protocol as advised by Maximus / Chip.

test cyp - 1ml of 200mg - e5d
anastrozle - 1mg - 3x a week
hcg - 500 units - e5d (day after test shot)

Measurements on 2-5-11:

Height: 5'8"
Weight - 160-162 lbs.
BF - 18%

Neck - about 15"
Chest - about 36" loosely - 35.5" kind of tightly
Stomach - about 36" - 36.5" - measured losely
waite line - about 35"
biceps with arms exentded down to side - about 11.5"
thighs - about 21 3/4"
calves - 14 3/4"
forearm - 10 1/2"

So far I've been doing a beginner workout last 3 months, I have a basic gym here but, I don't have much strength. My bench is about 95 lbs including the bar, I can do 2 sets of 8. I started at 60 (not including 25 lb. bar) a few months ago but, now at 70.

I was advised a more advanced workout routine on this forum, I'm going to check that out I might be ready for that now. I also got p90x and going to be starting that shortly.

I guess that's about it, can't wait to see where I'm at in another 3 months!

Thanks to this forum for all the advise and info I've got!

Last edited:
Sorry this is going to be kind of long, you can skip all this if you want to get to my current numbers which are listed below.

Ex-alcoholic trying to make a lifestyle change, from several years ago drinking a 1/4 liter of vodka a day to eventually 6-10 beers a night for years, and now down to 1 mixed drink a night since last October (more than 3 months). Decided to make a lifestyle change since it seems that I was on my way to diabetes (and eventually worst), my blood test in October my glucose was 270. I decided then that I need to make a permanent change this time since I've tried to quit drinking before but, not been able to and it all started because of insomnia and turned in to something much worst. Luckily, i got on some sleeping meds that work most of the time (lunesta), helped me to where I don't need to be drunk to sleep. I have one drink a night these days, cut down from 1.5-2 and have not exceeded 1 a night for more than a month since. Have not cheated or got a "night off" to get drunk or anything since I made the change. I hope once I'm on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I'll start feeling much better that I won't need to drink at all. I always drank because it made me feel good.

I had to start execersing and change my diet because of the diabetes, eventually as I was researching more and more I ended up on this forum.

well after being on here for a few months and coming in with questions about test I was told to not waste any money with endo's and go with chip, took me a while to pull the trigger but, I did it, was here learning in the mean time, got a lot of good info from this forum. my shipment from Chip came in last week or so, today I did my first injection. Wanted to wait until after my first injection to upload the avatar, went ahead and did it just now.

I had started with 3j when I decided that I wanted to do testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) with maximus. I started back around early december I think but, out of 6 meals a day I think I've been doing 4 but, now that I'm on test I'll need to make sure I follow his meal plans to the T. I'm going to renew shortly, was on the basic plan.

Since a few months ago when I started eating healthy and exercising regularly, I've still lost about 12 or 13 pounds but, I have trouble gaining strength and my stomach is still not flat. Hopefully this will change on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) if I continue working hard.

I took my before pics and measurements and everything. These are my current numbers:

12/30/11

Total Test - 483 (I'm not technically low but, I don't feel good, depressed and fatigue a lot of the times, anxiety, ED, etc. all the symptoms of someone that's really low. If I went to a clinic I doubt anybody would help me just because of technicalities, unlike Chip who will help you based on you and where you are)

Free Test - 11.0
TSH - 3.100
Estradiol - 30.7
Estrone, Serum - 71
Estriol, Serum - <0.3
SHBG - 33.4

1-18-2012

Glucose - 97 (was 270 back in Oct.)
Cholestrol - 167
Triglycerides - 86
HDL cholestrol - 36
Calculated LDL Chol - 114
Risk ratio (chol/hdl) - 4.64
LDH - 117
SGot (AST) - 17
Sgpt (ALT) - 17

This is my protocol as advised by Maximus / Chip.

test cyp - 1ml of 200mg - e5d
anastrozle - 1mg - 3x a week
hcg - 500 units - e5d (day after test shot)

Measurements on 2-5-11:

Height: 5'8"
Weight - 160-162 lbs.
BF - 18%

Neck - about 15"
Chest - about 36" loosely - 35.5" kind of tightly
Stomach - about 36" - 36.5" - measured losely
waite line - about 35"
biceps with arms exentded down to side - about 11.5"
thighs - about 21 3/4"
calves - 14 3/4"
forearm - 10 1/2"

So far I've been doing a beginner workout last 3 months, I have a basic gym here but, I don't have much strength. My bench is about 95 lbs including the bar, I can do 2 sets of 8. I started at 60 (not including 25 lb. bar) a few months ago but, now at 70.

I was advised a more advanced workout routine on this forum, I'm going to check that out I might be ready for that now. I also got p90x and going to be starting that shortly.

I guess that's about it, can't wait to see where I'm at in another 3 months!

Thanks to this forum for all the advise and info I've got!
p 90x is no joke my wife and I do it

Way to take the initiative and change your life around! Keep it up!

Get your diet straight and watch those weights shoot up.

Do you have any workout experience beside what you are doing now? If not stick to the basics & if possible get a trainer for a bit to learn the ropes.

Do you have any workout experience beside what you are doing now? If not stick to the basics & if possible get a trainer for a bit to learn the ropes.

Well, I've worked with personal trainers before but, I always ended up quitting for one reason another, not since I didn't want to continue but, something in life came up. I was considering it now but, it's not really in my budget these days at least not 3x a week maybe once a week I could. That's one of the reasons I got p90x since I'd have some kind of training to follow, not sure if it would be too difficult for me.

This is what I do now:

3 times a week, Mon. Wed. and Fri.

Machine is set at 70 lbs. for all exercises:

benchpress - 2 x 8-10
one arm db-row - 2x8-10 each side
leg extension - 2x8-10
pec deck - 2x8-10
lat pull down - 2x8-10
cable rows - 2x8-10

Then I added this on my own -

lunges - 20
crunches with dumbell - can do about 50
recently I've increased to 50 crunches and 50 full sit ups.

I also got that chin up bar for p90x so I'm going to add in push ups and chin ups (it's pretty difficult for me to do, tried it could only do a couple. I think I have to come down and stop for a second between each one.

I speed walk / jog on days I workout for 1 mile on the treadmill it has a preset for weight loss so I speed walk / jog for 30 min. 1 mile and then on Tues and thurs (off days) I set the preset for 2 miles / 35 min.

These are pics of my gym if it helps any:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/859/gym1.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/808/gym2o.jpg/

Last edited:
well i guess i'll just stick with p90x instead of my previous routine, i just did the first day today chest/back i couldn't keep up, got pretty tired had to take a longer break than they say in the dvd was doing half the reps as they were. but i still feel pretty sore and can feel it in my arms more than what i do normally after my previous workout routine. this reminds me of how i used to feel after i worked out with a personal trainer but, when i've worked with personal trainers i really get way more tired and sore.

You're on the right track brother.. Just be careful with those prescription sleeping aids. They act like benzos (xanax,valium, etc.) on your receptors. They can become very addictive and difficult to kick. Good luck..

You're on the right track brother.. Just be careful with those prescription sleeping aids. They act like benzos (xanax,valium, etc.) on your receptors. They can become very addictive and difficult to kick. Good luck..

yeah it was either that or getting drunk every night. unfortunately insomnia sucks i hate not being able to get a proper nights sleep. i've had experience with xanax, valium etc. recreationally when i was younger but, i never got addicted since i build up a tolerance real quickly and i don't dose higher to make up for it even if i tried it still wouldn't work for me except for being really irritated the next day so eventually i just gave it up. i hope i can even quit lunesta if my hormones get balanced, as the doctor does blood tests on me every few months since he says lunesta is not good for my liver. i'm ready to quit it if i can get to sleep on my own.

yeah it was either that or getting drunk every night. unfortunately insomnia sucks i hate not being able to get a proper nights sleep. i've had experience with xanax, valium etc. recreationally when i was younger but, i never got addicted since i build up a tolerance real quickly and i don't dose higher to make up for it even if i tried it still wouldn't work for me except for being really irritated the next day so eventually i just gave it up. i hope i can even quit lunesta if my hormones get balanced, as the doctor does blood tests on me every few months since he says lunesta is not good for my liver. i'm ready to quit it if i can get to sleep on my own.
Good luck and one day at a time bro. All about being consistent. Look into ZMA for sleep as it helps me alot. I also struggle at times with insomnia.

Good luck and one day at a time bro. All about being consistent. Look into ZMA for sleep as it helps me alot. I also struggle at times with insomnia.

I just heard about ZMA the other day but, I suppose I'll give it a try now. I've tried everything else over the counter that I could think of that people have said worked for them but doesn't for me so I didn't pursue it, melatonin, valerian root, various otc sleeping meds such as calmes forte, not sure what else I might have tried but, nothing else seems to have worked.

I just heard about ZMA the other day but, I suppose I'll give it a try now. I've tried everything else over the counter that I could think of that people have said worked for them but doesn't for me so I didn't pursue it, melatonin, valerian root, various otc sleeping meds such as calmes forte, not sure what else I might have tried but, nothing else seems to have worked.
it's not a miracle supplement at all but once you have your blood sugar, drinking (already seems like your on top of this), and anxiety in check it will help. zma and some melatonin is a good combo. good luck.

it's not a miracle supplement at all but once you have your blood sugar, drinking (already seems like your on top of this), and anxiety in check it will help. zma and some melatonin is a good combo. good luck.

ok that sounds good, will definitely try that

thanks

I tried ZMA in the past before I was on HRT. It helped me sleep but it increased my depression so I stopped takimg it. That being said, my depression went away once I dialed in my HRT. I haven't tried ZMA since I started Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) so I don't know how it would effect me now. Just something to look out for if you give it a try.

I understand how it is to be an alcoholic. I used to be (probably still am). I dont think you can ever be totally free from that beast.

Before I got on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I was in the same boat as you. I was drinking vodka martinis or two bottles of wine each day at least 4 to 5 days a week. I had really bad health problems from the alcohol and the lifestyle that came with it. Rapid hearth rate and high blood pressure and bad cholestrol to name a few.

Since being on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I was able to cut back my drinking considerably. I dont drink at all most days. But every now and then I go out and bing drink. My problem is I just cant have one. Its 10 drinks or none. I am trying hard to keep it to none.

best of luck to you! You got my support.

If your Estradiol came back at 30, whay are you taking 3mg of Ananstrazole a week on 200mg Test Cyp E5D?

This sounds like a sure fire way to crash your Estrogen.

If your Estradiol came back at 30, why are you taking 3mg of Ananstrazole a week on 200mg Test Cyp E5D?

This sounds like a sure fire way to crash your Estrogen.

Ya I was about to mention that too. Did maximus put you on that? Or did you decide that? I know everyone is different , but like EAthlete said.. your levels e levels most likely will tank!

Thanks for all the support guys.

Yeah Chip told me to do 3x anastrozle. I even asked him a couple times if he's sure and he told me 3x. From what I've been reading on here, I'm concerned I will crash it also. Maybe he didn't have my numbers infront of him. I might call Steve right now and find out what I should do. :/ confused

Last edited:
I understand how it is to be an alcoholic. I used to be (probably still am). I dont think you can ever be totally free from that beast.

Before I got on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I was in the same boat as you. I was drinking vodka martinis or two bottles of wine each day at least 4 to 5 days a week. I had really bad health problems from the alcohol and the lifestyle that came with it. Rapid hearth rate and high blood pressure and bad cholestrol to name a few.

Since being on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) I was able to cut back my drinking considerably. I dont drink at all most days. But every now and then I go out and bing drink. My problem is I just cant have one. Its 10 drinks or none. I am trying hard to keep it to none.

best of luck to you! You got my support.

Yeah I hear you. I also can't have just one drink, the thing is that I've made a habit of it, I'm used to doing certain things with alcohol in the evenings listening to music or watching tv or movies etc. (can't go out and drink anymore because of 2 dwi's) what I do with my 1 shot of vodka each evening is put it in a gallon of water and then put some flavor stuff like propel zero or lemons (so I can't taste how weak it is) and I drink that through the evening. I don't know how it's working but, sometimes I don't even finish all of it and end up going to sleep since it might be 2am or something and honestly if it wasn't for the sleeping medication I don't know if this would work for me. I'm just glad whatever is working so far is and hopefully I'll be able to completely quit or have nights off from not drinking it. I know I'm probably not even getting drunk one shot over 3 or 4 hours or something but, I guess it's placebo now or something psychological. I started becoming a functional alcoholic when I was drinking a lot regularly like to work I would have to drink or else I would feel lazy and not want to do anything. I seem to be able to get things done on this 1 shot an evening mixed in a gallon of water and don't feel like I need more like I said I hope to quit this completely and break out of this psychological dependency I've developed.

Last edited:
just did first shot of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) subq. i hope i mixed it correctly, have a 11,000 unit bottle and in the bac water i'm not sure how much is in there doesn't say it on the bottle and i couldn't get an exact amount out the first time was about a ml or so i think and a little bit spilled out i guess because of the pressure when i pulled the syringe out the first time, then the next time i got about 3.5 and the time after that 6, after that 1 ml and i think last couple drops so i'm assuming there was 11,000 units of bac water in the entire bottle. so i used almost the entire bottle except for last couple drops that were in the bottle left, plus couple drops that dripped out.

also when i pulled the Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG) mixture out in the insulin syringe i got 45 units instead of 50. is it ok to put the syringe back in and reload? i wasn't sure if i was going to make the needle point dull by putting it back in, so i just did 45 units instead of 50. was this ok?

Last edited:
Back