USP Oil sterile question?????????

Bildnmussel

I have USP oil from Researchlabsupply Co. and am wondering if just warming it to disolve my powder and filtering with a .45 whatman is good enough or if it is necessarry to apply more heat to sterilize oil and/or it is necessary to filter with a .20? I have read so much dam conflicting filtering and sterilization info I am having a hard time choosing but most of them don't refer to USP filtered oil either. Thanks for the help!

the oil are filtered, not usp! (I think just because beeing filtered isn't USP grade)

warm it to dissolve and then filter it by a .45 or by .22! .45 do just fine and is faster, .22 is a lot more shitty to filter with but filters more particles!
At the end some guys around here bake it in oven @ 130ºC but woun't do mutch for sterilization, but probably do more than nothing!

Researchlab supply site states that the oil is filterd through .22 and dry heat stereilization. Is this enought to ensure sterility of the oil? I'm not intending on baking my gear after I filter it.

I buy my oil at the grocery store and mix it right out of the bottle with hormone and solvents. Heat a little to clear the solution, and pass it all through a .45 into vials.

DougoeFre5h said:
I buy my oil at the grocery store and mix it right out of the bottle with hormone and solvents. Heat a little to clear the solution, and pass it all through a .45 into vials.

and this is all any of you guys need to do. dont comnplicate a simple process. baking is optional. i do it but many dont.

Back