Var - Low dose long cycle vs high dose short cycle?

cisco-kidd

Yeah I know, yet another anavar question.

Just wanted to hear from some of you bros that have experimented with var. What do you think is most effective for cutting, a low dosage for extended period (say 10 weeks); or higher dose for short cycle (6 weeks or less)?

I'd like to know what your idea of a "low dose" and a "high dose" are.

Well thats obviously a bit subjective, what may be high for me may be light for you. I haven't touched any gear in a few years and have zero experience with var. It was always too cost prohibitive back in the day. That said, I would probably call 50mgs / day or lower light and 100mgs or higher heavy. Thats just me.

Well thats obviously a bit subjective, what may be high for me may be light for you. I haven't touched any gear in a few years and have zero experience with var. It was always too cost prohibitive back in the day. That said, I would probably call 50mgs / day or lower light and 100mgs or higher heavy. Thats just me.

i take it your avoiding my question because you know im going to tell you that var only is a great cycle for girls but not men .

i take it your avoiding my question because you know im going to tell you that var only is a great cycle for girls but not men .

No I was getting to you next. Sure, I'm thinking about it. I've had excellent results in the past using "milder" compounds such as Winstrol (winny) or EQ only on cutting cycles. I'm just looking for something that will help keep the strength and endurance up and slow the muscle loss down when I cut my carbs. Oh and preferably not swell my prostate up again, like back when I was using some of the more "manly" compounds. I take it you dont think var would be a good choice for those goals. What kind of dosing did you try when you ran it by itself?

No I was getting to you next. Sure, I'm thinking about it. I've had excellent results in the past using "milder" compounds such as Winstrol (winny) or EQ only on cutting cycles. I'm just looking for something that will help keep the strength and endurance up and slow the muscle loss down when I cut my carbs. Oh and preferably not swell my prostate up again, like back when I was using some of the more "manly" compounds. I take it you dont think var would be a good choice for those goals. What kind of dosing did you try when you ran it by itself?

do what you want to bro , yiou have made up your mind allready.

lol at prostate swelling up. ive known guys who ran 2-2.5 grams of "manly " steroids who didnt have prostate problems , maybe steroids just arent for you.

Yeah I know, yet another anavar question.

Just wanted to hear from some of you bros that have experimented with var. What do you think is most effective for cutting, a low dosage for extended period (say 10 weeks); or higher dose for short cycle (6 weeks or less)?
withotu test nether.
with var i rec 50-80mg for 6 to 8 weeks anyless is a waste of an already over priced compound.

also its not most effective for cuttign but helps. diet is number one so is tren.

for cutting i would rec a supp like need2slin and also Gear to help keep you from going catabolic.
both you can find here if your interested: Need To Build Muscle Inc.
and just a mild test cycle with an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) specially if your new to aas.
for eg:
wk1-12 400-500mg test cyp ew
wk1-12 need2slin 3-6 caps ed (depends on $ you have to use, i like 4-5 caps ed but alot are loving even just 3)
wk1-13 AI: letro 0.6mg 2X a week (about every 3-4 days)
wk1-13 GEAR ed before cardio/workout and after and inbetween meals or with them. say 5-15 caps ed (bottle has 200 caps)

if you really want var also then aded to cycle:
wk1-8 50mg ed

do what you want to bro , yiou have made up your mind allready.

lol at prostate swelling up. ive known guys who ran 2-2.5 grams of "manly " steroids who didnt have prostate problems , maybe steroids just arent for you.

same here i never noticed anything cept more sex drive. and love bulking at 750mg test-1250mg test.
maybe if you have more sex and/or jerk off more you can drian you prostate, could be issue.
im not beng an ass im seriose.

also all the oral you mention are WORE for you and harsher. they areliver toxic and realy fuck with your blood specially Winstrol (winny). watch your HDL/LDL man.
stop with the oral.
if you cant handle test which is natral an what MAKES US A MAN then mayeb steroids arnt for you.

for cutting i would rec a supp like need2slin and also Gear to help keep you from going catabolic.
and just a mild test cycle with an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) specially if your new to aas.
for eg:
wk1-12 need2slin 3-6 caps ed (depends on $ you have to use, i like 4-5 caps ed but alot are loving even just 3)
wk1-13 GEAR ed before cardio/workout and after and inbetween meals or with them. say 5-15 caps ed (bottle has 200 caps)

wk1-8 50mg ed

Thanks for the help JP. I'm not at all new to gear. I did numerous cycles in the mid 90's up to about 2005. I've done a little bit of just about everything, except var. I don't have anything at all against test. I've done plenty of it. I used to do Bodyopus a lot back in the day and what I found was that Winstrol (winny) or EQ kept my endurance up while I was in Ketosis and cranking on the cardio. Unfortunately, I didn't really get that effect with prop. I'm absolutely done with winny! It makes my joints feel like hell and I was on a high dose of test with Winstrol (winny) when I started having the prostate issues. Since I had done boatloads of test before with no issues, I've always thought that Winstrol (winny) was probably the main culprit. EQ I have no problem with, but I kinda wanted to go with a fast acting ester so I could get in and out and possibly do another cycle (bulking) a few months later. From what I've read, a lot of bros seem to think anavar gives the same kind of endurance boost and I know that several of the guys that I used to train BJJ/MMA seemed to love it for that purpose. They weren't dieting though.

So anyway, I'm thinking of doing another keto diet and since I haven't touched any gear for a few years and should have clean receptors. I thought maybe 100mgs/day for about 6 weeks or 50mgs/day for up to 10 may serve my purpose and I could bounce back pretty quickly. Just trying to keep it as simple as i can. Of course before just going out and doing it, I thought I'd look for a little feedback from some bros that have actually tried something similar.

Last edited:
Just gonna rehash what has already been posted here. Don't bother with a var only cycle. I have done it, 100 mg. for 12 weeks, and let me tell you, at week 16 I was wondering the where the hell my gains went-I mean all of them. I then did a low does tes (sust-250 mg./week) with 80 mg. var and man that is one killer cycle.

Do the test with it. Even a low dose. You'll be happy you did.

for eg:

wk1-8 50mg ed

Gear is absolutely a necessity for a cut.....I noticed a HUGE difference last time I cut with no AAS help.....kept a lot more mass than my previous AAS free cuts....

Back