Veterans Hospital and TRT?

best way to start is with a physical, describe your symptoms and ask fro blood work, you'll know a lot after that visit

I've been trying to figure out if the VA will cover TRT.

I can't find anything on google about it.

My Grandfather is on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) through the VA and this was done like 10 years ago when it was still kind of controversial. So I know it's doable. :)

Thanks halfwit-

i am on it right now. They cover testosterone all the way, patches, gel, injections. Chances are they will try and start you out on patches or gel first. Now what they wont cover is Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (HCG), they will write it but wont pay for it. In my instance the endo would only do T, it took me going to the uro to get HCG. They will also cover clomid and AIs. As for Aromatase inhibitor (AI) though they are going to want to see a ratio worse then 10:1 before they give it to you, they will not just give you an Aromatase inhibitor (AI).

So you might have to play around with an edo, uro, or even pcp before you get what you want. I can tell you they WILL not give you test unless you fall under the range, so just beware of that.

Overall the process isnt to bad, I had all the blood work done, MRI, Cortisol test etc, so its pretty good. Depending on your vet status for a year of test I paid 8 bucks thats it, worst case scenario they charge you like 6 bucks a month for it. Just be prepared to get the run around a little bit as far as testing and such, but from what I hear most private doctors are not much different.

Great news 300winmag-

I'm in the Philippines, and just started injecting myself with test e.

I got the vials for one cent per mg.

But I'll be returning to the USA later this year, and was worried that I wouldn't be able to afford treatment there. Glad to hear the VA covers it.

good luck. Like I said depending on your status you might have to pay the co pay on test but thats the worst case scenario.. Also before you get to far into, I would have an MRI done to check your pituatary, do a cortisol test, and blood work to to include- test, estrogen, cholesterol, PSA, LH, FSH, thyroid, etc. That way you have it all and if you have to go on your own it saves you a lot of money

one last thing if you havent get signed up here https://www.myhealth.va.gov/index.html.

you can check certain things. But after you sign up look at the bottom right for upgrade to a premium account. Fill out the form and bring it in, after that you can find certain records, message your doctor. I think either way you can refill scrips that way. Pretty good site.

Back