volume on my arms?

Kim the Swede

I am blessed with thin legs and thin arms. My upper body is really sweet though.

Anyone of you guys who can recommend me how to get some volume on my arms?
I read in a forum that you can do biceps and triceps twice a week because they recover fast than other muscles.

Normally i do 3 exercises. 1 base á 5 set. 2 concentration á 3 set.
Normally i stay between 6-12 reps. :mad:

My regular bi- workout:

Warm-up:
biceps curl 3x20
Then continue with the curl and load on approx 10lbs(5kg's) for each set, goin on like 12reps/10reps/8x/6x/4x/ with 30 secs rest's between set's.
preacher-curl or scott curl 3-4x8-12.
And finish with some machine in wich i can pump out the last i got in the muscle for 3x8-15.

And then its a few min break, fuel up with a banana and some more water and then im hitting the tri's. :D

(edit: this is just my regular one, i use to change it from week to week, a few exercises here, and a few set's there.. u get it).. :)

I`d keep the total volume to about 6 sets for each bis and tris (if you are natural ).

Cut rest time beetween sets aproach isnt the best to build muscle mass , rest enough to be able to make each set as heavy as possible , i like the 4-6 rep range to build muscle mass and strenght .You have to chalenge your muscles with more weight if you ant them to grow (keep your form reasonable)

Something like this :

-Biceps

standing bb curl 2-3 sets of 4-6
alternate db curl "

-Triceps

weighted dips or close grip bench "
skull crushers or overhead extension "

ditto to A-rod......

6 sets is all you need for bis and tris. Bis get worked with heavy back and tris get worked from heavy pressing.

Damn but 6 sets really sounds weak I dont think I would barely get a pump with only 6 I do 12 for each.

Yeah i do a lot more then 6 sets...they arent even pumped after 6 sets...i like to kill those fuckers..curls for the girls!!

yeah, i wounder that too beast.
Because i always do bis when i do my back.
And tris when i do my chest.

Very rare i do arms themselves.

What your arm's needs to grow is change.
The above mentioned workout is one of the setups i got, so dont look yourself blind on it.
If u want to give priority to your arm's u should start working em out first during that day.
By going back first and then arms u will lose alot of power in your arm's wich u could have used during your bi/tri workout.
The same goes for going chest/delts before triceps workout.

Somedays, go with more reps and lighter weights, the other go heavy and fewer reps, it all about not letting your boddy adapt.

I have 20 inch arms, and I haven't done a curl in a year or so. Try some heavy compound movements. Reverse grip barbell rows and zercher skwats for the bi's. Bench, incline, and military press for the tri's.

Not many people will follow my advice.

Not many people have big arms.

thats like a teacher at my school all he does is, Pullups, lat pulldowns, dips, heavy bench and he has very big arms.

The point of training is to stimulate growth , not to pump or show off , use your head and put more ffort into each and every set and you`ll start feeling fatiged real soon , few hard and heavy sets .....

The point of training is to stimulate growth , not to pump or show off , use your head and put more ffort into each and every set and you`ll start feeling fatiged real soon , few hard and heavy sets .....

:yesway: :biggthump

I do bis and tris on 1 day then when I do back I hit bi again,chest day I hit tris , on combo days I go lighter then on arm day, blow em up may says bis and tris for the guys

Back