waxy maize starch

danchubbz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's everyone's opinion on WMS?

Is this now the way forward for PWO nutrition along with your whey?

I honestly believe i've seen a difference using WMS the last 4-5 months. I take 75-100g before I leave the gym, and my whey with oats powder (~50g carbs) 20 minutes later when i'm home.

notta, nil, ziltch for me...took 75g post work out for over a month. nothing. as a matter a fact i would prefer Dex over this stuff. plus it tastes like hand chalk.

not a big fan of it.
but many are.

I like the stuff because it doesn't make me jittery or sick pwo like the dextros/malto combo tends to. I HATE the consistency though, it gets everywhere.

In place of taking dextrose anyone here ever eat a bunch of sweet tarts of sprees of some shit like that ? Main ingredient is Dextrose.

Who is Mike Jones? said:
In place of taking dextrose anyone here ever eat a bunch of sweet tarts of sprees of some shit like that ? Main ingredient is Dextrose.
done it. same thing. I dont go the dextrose route anymore though.

danchubbz said:
flavour aside do u guys think you'e seen good gains since using the stuff?

You are not going to see good gains from WMS. It's a carb you take PWO to basically assist in recovery from the workout and restore glycogen

I don't use mine anymore:(
Was chalky & extremely gritty with my Bcaa/glutimine combo after workouts,I use OJ now & it tastes better.

Easto said:
You are not going to see good gains from WMS. It's a carb you take PWO to basically assist in recovery from the workout and restore glycogen

Yeah I realise this mate but with correct protein intake have u seen much gains I meant.

danchubbz said:
Yeah I realise this mate but with correct protein intake have u seen much gains I meant.

Immediately after workout have a 40g glucose 10 g proten drink, then 25 min later a meal replacement shake for best results low carb for cutting/regular for mass.

parrish said:
Was chalky & extremely gritty with my Bcaa/glutimine combo after workouts
i really dont see how this even matters. Its like saying "i dont lift weights anymore, they were too heavy and made me icky and sweaty." Everything isnt going to taste like unicorns and rainbows. Dilute it with some water, or add some crystal light (or have it flavored by TP) and its in no way unpleasant.

Theres only one powder on this planet that i cant drink straight, and its green tea powder. Anybody whos ever dropped it on their tongue and tried to wash it back with water can probably agree with me that this is the most vomit inducing, most evil substance on the planet. If I could keep it down, i would still go the powder route, but it doesnt do much good if you puke it back up.

Easto said:
word. someone needs to universally dispell the myth that supplements and powders cause "gains" or "mass". They dont. Diet and non-retarded training does that, everything else just assists those two aspects.

I have to admit, supplement companies know how to market.

If you want a good postworkout carb source I would suggest WMS over dextrose. Take 1-2 scoops immediately after your workout.

30mins or so later have a protein and carb meal. I like to have a protein shake with some oatmeal and fruit.

Back