Ways to increase wrist/forearm size?

ForeverBulkin

I've always had very small wrists and forearms. From when I started lifting at 6'1" 120lbs to where I am currently 6'1" 196 lbs, my wrists and forearms are literally the exact same size. I do forearm exercises and I get a pump, but they nvr grow.

Anyway to drastically increase wrist/forearm size without the use of HGH?

Ya tour wrists wont grow. Which if you are after a bodybuilding physique is a good this. You WANT small wrists, and ankles and waist. Forearms can grow though. If you use straps, stop. That alone will cause you to actually grip the weight and that will stimulate forearm muscles. You can also do all the wrist curl exercises but im not a fan of those as I find them much to hard on the wrists.

The forearm muscles have a really small range of motion so you need to increase the time under tension to stimulate them efficiently for muscle growth.
This means high reps (15+) with slow eccentric portions.

You could try training your forearms first in your workout rather than leaving them until the end like most people. The fact that their built for endurance also means you can hit them more frequently than other muscle parts.

But I think you have to accept that since the forearms have predominantly slow twitch muscle fibres, their room for growth is very limited - even with AAS.

After several years of heavy lifting using compound movements, then maybe try and bring up lagging body parts. If you're deadlift increases from 225 to 405 lbs I can almost gaurantee you're forearm size will increase. It's hard to estimate how different muscles will grow when stimulated sufficiently. Better to use heavy compound movements predominately for an extended time then assess where you're weakpoints are

After several years of heavy lifting using compound movements, then maybe try and bring up lagging body parts. If you're deadlift increases from 225 to 405 lbs I can almost gaurantee you're forearm size will increase. It's hard to estimate how different muscles will grow when stimulated sufficiently. Better to use heavy compound movements predominately for an extended time then assess where you're weakpoints are

agree with carvel I here, the forearms can't help but respond to heavy compound movements. heavy back training movements should also help, and like my friend said, drop the straps if you're using them. they are useful, but will take away the strain you want on the forearms.

Also, frequent masturbation helps. :)

Grip a 45lb plate and with your elbows on your knees and arms extended, "flip" the plate back and forth (seated), after 20-35 reps, put the plate on the ground and stretch your forearms by pulling your wrists towards you and pushing down. Count to 5, then pull the plate back up with your fingers and do a static hold for 15-25 seconds.

That's one set, I do four and the last set gets a static hold as long as I can bear the pain. This on top of other compound movements has helped me to shape my forearms.

There are a ton of exercises, but I really like/hate these. We call them "rippers". Worth a try. ;)

My .02c :)

ive never known anyone truly big who did forearm curls. ive only been doing this for 22 years but i have known a lot of huge guys and seen a lot of huge guys over the decades and like i said, i have never seen any of them or known of them doing forearm curls. the only guys i see doing forearm curls are skinny and underdeveloped and should definetely be spending that time elsewhere.
heavy pulling will do it. pullups without straps until your grip fails, as well as all your rows/dl's etc.

ive never known anyone truly big who did forearm curls. ive only been doing this for 22 years but i have known a lot of huge guys and seen a lot of huge guys over the decades and like i said, i have never seen any of them or known of them doing forearm curls. the only guys i see doing forearm curls are skinny and underdeveloped and should definetely be spending that time elsewhere.
heavy pulling will do it. pullups without straps until your grip fails, as well as all your rows/dl's etc.

agree 100% in my humble opinion! after 25 years in the weight room, direct forearm work is a recipe for tendonitis, tennis elbow, golf elbow which I just learned is the new name for inner elbow or forearm pain. At least over the long term I believe it will lead to this. my 2cnts.

Back