Week 3 TRT, Doc started me on 5mcg Liothyronine

Tarmagoyf

Hey guys! A little about me for those of you who haven't seen my previous post!

27, test levels were 260, started TRT 17 days ago at the time of this posting, doc has me on 300mg/wk.

My two week appointment a few days ago went well I think, he said I am 19% body fat, and wants me to lose 10 lb of muscle, and gain 10 lb of weight.

He says my metabolism is shit and it's due to something to do with low thyroid something or another you guys probably know what I'm talking about..

He started me on Liothyronine which from my understanding is the same thing as cytomel, I am at 5mcg/day currently. I read up on other people taking this and it seems a lot of body builders are 25-100mcg/day. Just wondering what you guys think about this, and how you think it will affect me. Cheers!

He said average men my age should be around 1,000 lol, I'm like I thought it was 650 but sure!!! Yeah it's almost like he wants me to be super man, which I am totally fine with lol

Kinda what I was getting at. Seems as if the doc may not know exactly what's going on? But hey I would roll with 300mg

Its wise to get your TRT dialed in perfectly before you do any experimenting. This way if the experiment doesn't go well you have the perfect plan to fall back on.

As stated above, 300 mg will put you above 1500 ng/dl. This is a super physiological level, and overtime, it is not wise to maintain and stay at that level for TRT.

Because you will wreck your cholesterol, kidneys, liver and turn your blood into mud.

You can't have supra-physiological levels forever and not expect health problems. The idea is to keep it in the upper end of physiological range, within a range a human being can produce naturally.

Back