weight issue, potential thyroid issue?

bandhammer

Hi guys, I did a show, was down to 3.3% bodyfat competing and after the show, I pretty much ate what I wanted to so within a week I had a 30 lb bounce back. Even with that, I'm still around 8-9% bodyfat with striations showing and vascularity in my abs. When I was on the cut, I was using T3 and Clen so when I came off the T3, I'm sure it made the bounce back even worse. I vacationed in Europe for 2 weeks and it seems like my body hit an equilibrium. I didn't gain a pound. I came back to the States and started a bulk with german volume training and with 1G of Test, 400g NPP, and after 2 weeks eating 3500-4000 calories, and sometimes days eating as much as 5000 calories, I have yet to gain a pound which is very surprising to me because I would think that if anything, I would have put on a pound of fat at this point. While I am an ecto, I have never had problems like this before. Obviously, many people would say "I should eat more" but I am only 215. At least scientifically, my TDEE is only somewhere between 2400-2800 calories.

Any advice? Should I get a blood panel done to see what is up with my thyroid? I can't imagine coming off T3 and actually having hyperthyroidism, but something isn't exactly right at the moment.

Back