Weighted vest

Trig1063

Does anybody have or know where I can get a weighted vest w/o paying an arm and a leg for it. I have found some online but for the weight I will require Approx. 70lbs is around 200 bones. I am training for the firefighter CPATs and one of the test is to wear a 70lb vest and climb stairs at 60 spm for 3m.

try buying a normal vest and load it up with weight...

u can also put a backpack and pack it with weight.

just a suggestion.

Last edited:
Tried the backpack, after about 10 minutes w/50lbs my back was screaming. I checked out everlast. Not to expensive, but it only goes to 40lbs. I may have to settle for that one. Thanks guys

Trig1063 said:
Tried the backpack, after about 10 minutes w/50lbs my back was screaming. I checked out everlast. Not to expensive, but it only goes to 40lbs. I may have to settle for that one. Thanks guys
what kind of back pack were you using?
a standard school bag or one designed for "rucksacking"/backpacking?

Trig1063 said:
School bag
thats why it was killing your back.
i have carried well over 80lbs on my back for miles. with little to no discomfort.
why? because i was using a military style alice frame and ruck sac. i believe a good rucksack and frame can be as little as 100 bucks @ a surplus store.

adidamps2 said:
thats why it was killing your back.
i have carried well over 80lbs on my back for miles. with little to no discomfort.
why? because i was using a military style alice frame and ruck sac. i believe a good rucksack and frame can be as little as 100 bucks @ a surplus store.
Yes, he is right. I was in the Army and we used to carry 50-80 lbs without any problems. Well....if it got towards 80lbs and it was a long movement then it sucked. But still very do-able. I'm sure some guys may have even had up to 100lbs. And recon teams used a special larger pack and it was known to be 100lbs, but they stayed out for much longer.

Back