Welcome to The AnabolicDoc

The Anabolic Doc

Official Sponsor
Hi I am the Anabolic Doc. First of all let me thank you for giving me the oppurtunity for engaging you on medical topics related to anabolic steroids. Because I am a Power-sportsman my self, I thought it was time for a doctor-like me, Board Certified physician, to step forward and try to help the tens of thousands of men/woman who are self prescibing anabolic steroids. And let me say that I have learned so much from all of you over the years and it is absolutly amazing to me that there is no medical speciality that relates to anabolic steroids.. Maybe one day that will change !!so here it goes.. Anabolic Recovery Medicine..those who have ever used any AS will need to be aware of the risks and bennifts of AS. This is a medical issue and as an Internist with years of clinical experience dealing with this topic, I will try to answer your questions. . If you go to my web page at WWW. anabolicdoc.com, you will get a better understanding for who I am and what I do. My objective is to deliver first class medical care to men/woman who are involved in the power sports. The way I would like to set up this forum is to have a one -on-one question--answer format. The best way to get medical advice is in person, so I welcome you to visit my web page and join my private medical practive in Connecticut, where I have had lifters come to see me from all over the USA. I will try to answer all questions as they come in. Please be patient as I spent a lot of time with my own personal patients here in CT. Again thank you for allowing me to participate in your personal medical life.

The anabolic Doc...

Red face...why??

doc, welcome aboard...quick question..if alright to ask..why is it as soon as i go on test my face is always red....whether it be testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dosage or 500mgs a week..it starts turning red most of the day....also, my blood pressure is 120/80 and i just had all my blood work done and everything was good..so is there anything i can take to combat the sunburn look or just live with it...any input from anyone would be awesome...keep it real boys...

Hi Hiphop, the red face is from cutaneous vasodilation--aka skin flushing. It is a local reaction, as you mention that BP is 120/80. Hopefully, your BP really is ok. I would keep checking it and as always, keep the T down to lowest level possible. There is nothing you can do about this--I would wonder is there any thing in the T formula that you have and would recommned you get a real precription for T from a doctor and see if the flushing goes away. Good luck.. the AnabolicDoc.

thanks doc for the quick reply...and yes my bp is good...also, what is the least amount of T i can run with 300 to 400 mgs of EQ a week, since u advised on keeping my T as low as possible? And, finally, is this reaction in my face a common thing when taking T? Thanks, again!

Welcome Doc....I make it up to Mystic Ct. a couple of times a year. Maybe I will consider a one on one sit down with you when the economy turns around. Always looking fo a reason to visit that beautiful state! :)
Peace Oz

By the way..HipHop , I get the samething while on test and BP is fine. stonecold told me to get my hemoglobin checked. Maybe thats an option???

Last edited:
i believe they would have noticed something wrong with my hemoglobin last month when i got all my bloodwork done and they said everything was good. Did u ever your checked? and if so what was the result and if not what are u doing for the good ol' sun burn look?

Hey Hip Hop and Ozzy27 , you guys sound awesome. Look forward to seeing you in the flesh soon. ANd OZZY you are on the ball with the hemoglobin and hematocrit checked!!! this is a huge issue when on AS. Its called polycythemia and it means that you are over producing red blood cells. It is amazing!! did you know that back in the day, before Procrit we used AS medically for severe anemia!! AS work directly on bone marrow stem cells to increase production!! BAD THING GUYS IF YOU ARE OVER 52%... And this could be playing a role in red face, so have it checked. Other wise I have not seen this and I have much experience with T replacment, not jsu for "recovery medicine " but I do T replacement for middle aged exectutives who have hypogonadism.. so I ahve a lot of experience and this is not usual.. remember dose counts and check Hemoglobin etc.. and forget economy get you ass in my office before I close my panel!!! The Anabolic Doc

Anabolic doc, why don't you start by giving us your recomended pct for the anabolic recovery forum. I would be very interested in this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back