Well I was Blacked out on the Game because of Greed

So the greed of Direct TV and ComCast has left 17 million Direct Tv viewers in the Dark on ALL the games being broad cast by versus. Where is te NHL on this. Well once again the NHL shows they are inept. Thy have all the leverage and they should have broad cast the games on the NHL network proving the fans come first. The NHL has dropped the ball when is comes to the fans time and time again. Is it any wonder why they are doing such bad job at drawing new fans.

Hockey is the greatest sport on the planet. The idiots in the NHL offices need to get the heads out of there ass. There is no excuse for a fan who wants to watch a game and pay for to be blacked out in the USA.

Last edited:
Damn I didn't think anyone else around here gave a flying fuck about hockey. I grew up playing ice hockey from 5 on. Do you still play??

Sadly I don't I have a bad ankle and can't skate well enough these days. I will have surgery later this year and maybe next season. I got my 3 year old into a program today.

Sadly I don't I have a bad ankle and can't skate well enough these days. I will have surgery later this year and maybe next season. I got my 3 year old into a program today.

That's f'n awesome bro. The younger the better. I attribute a lot of my skills and successes in ice hockey bc I started very young. Shit in the NHL the superstar rookies are barely 17... If you don't start young these days you don't stand a chance! Good luck to the little man. Oh and LETS GO RANGERS!

They arent allowed to play in the NHL till they are 18 but i hear ya on the blackouts. I live in Alberta and am from Vancouver so I ordered Sportnet Pacific so I could see more Canucks games but they are all blacked out. Called up Shaw as they told us only the pre season would be blacked out. Then the regular season starts and they are still blacked out, says the NHL wont let them show them in our province. They want you to buy the NHL center ice package.

They arent allowed to play in the NHL till they are 18 but i hear ya on the blackouts. I live in Alberta and am from Vancouver so I ordered Sportnet Pacific so I could see more Canucks games but they are all blacked out. Called up Shaw as they told us only the pre season would be blacked out. Then the regular season starts and they are still blacked out, says the NHL wont let them show them in our province. They want you to buy the NHL center ice package.

Not true there have been 16 and 17 year olds who have played a few games.

Bep Guildolin or something like that was the youngest ever at 1 month shy of his 17th bday but that was in the 40's. Nowadays they have to be 18 to play in the league.

They need to be 18 by September 15th of the year they the wish to play but the season doesnt start till October.

I wish hockey was bigger in the USA. Here in Canada its huge, but there isn't a big push from the USA to make hockey bigger.

If you want your kid to be a good hockey player, build him a rink in the backyard each winter.

I've made friends with the owner of the rink here. I'm going to sponsor a team this season. I live on a Tropical island. It doesn't ever go down below freezing here long enough to freeze anything out side. I'm lucky there is even a rink around and enough kids to turn out a team for my 3 year old.

Easto is right. THe NHL is dropping the ball on marketing the game. Hockey is by far the best fan sport. It's a shame .

Last edited:
Back