What are some problems you guys have experienced from TRT?

4GKenZy

I am banned!
I'm talking responsible TRT usage. So 150mg or less each week.

I was planning to blast and cruise even though my natural test is fine; mainly because with the convenience of Test-U I don't mind pinning for the rest of my life. However I was wondering if there are any risks with TRT alone?

I'm not concerned about fertility. There are a lot of options for fixing that.

Mainly, I understand that there are a lot of problems with people's Hematocrit. But I assume this is a user-dependent thing. If I were to get bloodwork 3 times a year and make sure everything is in check, are there really any cons to TRT?

Damn! So I am being irresponsible by dosing 200mg per week of Test Cyp as prescribed by my primary care doctor which places my Total Testosterone in the normal range for males?

I havent noticed anything neg on my 200-250mg ew for years. smaller nuts. but thats because i dont care or use hcg. my hemo etc. are always good, but get blood work, not everyone is the same.

Last edited:
Committing to lifelong medication is a bigger deal that you seem to want it to be.
I don't know where you live or if you plan to involve a doctor at all, but there are legal and practical issues.

I'm not sure what options you are sure will guarantee fertility, or are you thinking sperm donor or adoption?

Hematocrit can be a problem on TRT that is not so easy to fix. Ask me how I know.

Committing to lifelong medication is a bigger deal that you seem to want it to be.
I don't know where you live or if you plan to involve a doctor at all, but there are legal and practical issues.

I'm not sure what options you are sure will guarantee fertility, or are you thinking sperm donor or adoption?

Hematocrit can be a problem on TRT that is not so easy to fix. Ask me how I know.

Please, do tell!

Coming off and using clomid along with Hcg and lh is high success rate. In worst case scenario, scientists can just implant my sperm directly. There are also tons of fertility drugs out there.

Anyway I don't see what's so bad about an injection every month if it means I'll be happy with guaranteed high (read: normal) test levels for the rest of my life.

Anyways I imagine your bad HCT is the result of homeostasis in your body adapting to the low amount of test levels. If someone had normal test to begin with I doubt it'd be a problem.

Source: https://www.***********/r/Testoster...tocrit_a_problem_for_some_when_we_are/d1y2tax

Domain name = **********

Last edited by a moderator:
No. That isn't the reason. Don't just guess and make shit up when you don't know.

I didn't guess that myself. That hypothesis was written elsewhere and i suggested it.

I'd love to hear the explanation why hematocrit would somehow increase if you are just replacing what you already have.

Meanwhile in low test patients, their bodies are used to the low test and make regular amounts of red blood cells anyway. That's why anemia isn't a side effect of low testosterone. If you increase your test on a low test patient, then you are increasing the test that your body has gotten used to, thus harming hematocrit. It makes sense to me, however it's merely a hypothesis and if you care to actually inform me on why hematocrit would increase on a normal test person, then go ahead. Otherwise stop imposing ethics here.

Here is some information from a medical study.

Testosterone stimulates erythropoiesis through a direct effect on the bone marrow hematopoietic stem cells; these direct erythropoietic effects involve IGF-I induction through androgen receptor-mediated mechanisms. Androgens have been shown to stimulate erythroid colony-forming units in the bone marrow and promote their differentiation into erythropoietin-responsive cells. Testosterone enhances intestinal iron absorption, iron incorporation in red blood cells, and hemoglobin synthesis.

Here is another study:

Background. The mechanisms by which testosterone increases hemoglobin and hematocrit remain unclear.

Methods. We assessed the hormonal and hematologic responses to testosterone administration in a clinical trial in which older men with mobility limitation were randomized to either placebo or testosterone gel daily for 6 months.

Results. The 7%–10% increase in hemoglobin and hematocrit, respectively, with testosterone administration was associated with significantly increased erythropoietin (EPO) levels and decreased ferritin and hepcidin levels at 1 and 3 months. At 6 months, EPO and hepcidin levels returned toward baseline in spite of continued testosterone administration, but EPO levels remained nonsuppressed even though elevated hemoglobin and hematocrit higher than at baseline, suggesting a new set point. Consistent with increased iron utilization, soluble transferrin receptor (sTR) levels and ratio of sTR/log ferritin increased significantly in testosterone-treated men. Hormonal and hematologic responses were similar in anemic participants. The majority of testosterone-treated anemic participants increased their hemoglobin into normal range.

Conclusions. Testosterone-induced increase in hemoglobin and hematocrit is associated with stimulation of EPO and reduced ferritin and hepcidin concentrations. We propose that testosterone stimulates erythropoiesis by stimulating EPO and recalibrating the set point of EPO in relation to hemoglobin and by increasing iron utilization for erythropoiesis.

Yes, testosterone increases hematocrit. But what if you were simply replacing someone's testosterone with exogenous testosterone? As in, not putting testosterome in their body that would surpass how much their body would naturally make. Their HCT should be the exact same, right?

Yes, testosterone increases hematocrit. But what if you were simply replacing someone's testosterone with exogenous testosterone? As in, not putting testosterome in their body that would surpass how much their body would naturally make. Their HCT should be the exact same, right?

Maybe, but not necessarily.

Even if you manage to replace testosterone at the exact level you had before (which nobody does), there are effects to suppressing your HPTA beyond just suppressing testosterone production.

Maybe, but not necessarily.

Even if you manage to replace testosterone at the exact level you had before (which nobody does), there are effects to suppressing your HPTA beyond just suppressing testosterone production.
Like?

Coming off and using clomid along with Hcg and lh is high success rate. In worst case scenario, scientists can just implant my sperm directly. There are also tons of fertility drugs out there.

Anyway I don't see what's so bad about an injection every month if it means I'll be happy with guaranteed high (read: normal) test levels for the rest of my life.

Anyways I imagine your bad HCT is the result of homeostasis in your body adapting to the low amount of test levels. If someone had normal test to begin with I doubt it'd be a problem.

Source: https://www.***********/r/Testoster...tocrit_a_problem_for_some_when_we_are/d1y2tax

Domain name = **********

I hope you mean inject eveyr week. because any doc tellling you ever 3 or 4 weeks doesnt know what hes saying... ctive life is not what matters its half life and having/keeping a steady level...
testundec it is possible but is not found as often

Back