what can I add to my next cycle in order to keep the gains?

jwei47

Finished one cycle a few months back with Test E. Had done everything listed in the thread for the first cycle: test e, hcg, AI, PCT and blood works. I gained 15 lbs on cycle but has lost them all. I am not too upset because the definition of muscles remains and I still can see the transformation of my body.

My question is: if I am planning a second cycle in a few months. what can I add to keep the gains besides good diet. Deca? NPP?

I always appreciate everyone's input.

I don't understand? You maintained the muscle mass that you gained while on your cycle? So what was the 15 pounds that you lost?

if youre gaining weight on cycle and then losing everything after in or after pct its because

1. your nutrition was poor on cycle and you gained water weight which comes off on pct..

2. youre nutrition became poor in pct or after pct

3. you stop training and following proper nutrition

4. all of the above

my clients usually keep most of what they gain on cycle with me.. thats because their nutrition and training is set up correctly.. this includes their pct diet and maintenance diet after the fact..

in other words.. adding 100 compounds, much less one more will not help you "keep" gains.. your nutrition followed by your training cosistency is the deciding factor in that

I don't understand? You maintained the muscle mass that you gained while on your cycle? So what was the 15 pounds that you lost?

From what he says, it sounds like he gained muscle and lost some fat and came out weighing the same, but with better composition I think that's what he means.
That sounds like a lot of fat to have had to start a cycle with.

Last edited:
OP - 3j is absolutely correct.. He helped me with my last cycle, a clean bulk while on test and deca, put on 20 lbs, after the test went back to trt and deca were dropped, I continued the diet I was on and continued to make gains, cause the diet and training were spot on (I did add primo to the end of cycle to cruise on).

Once your diet and training are spot on and your in a better position to add a compound to help keep your gains I suggest adding primobolan at the end of your cycle,, for example if your running 12 weeks of 500 mg of test and deca, then add primo at week 10 and plan on running that up into week 22 or more, with a low dose of test as a foundation,, u can even cut and lower body fat during that time and still maintain your gains--
note: the above advice is totally dependent on your stats, age, experience etc.. If your worried about recovery or you have a hard time recovering then this May not be good for you,, if your mid 30s like me, and on trt, then this would make better sense

Reactions: 3J
OP - 3j is absolutely correct.. He helped me with my last cycle, a clean bulk while on test and deca, put on 20 lbs, after the test went back to trt and deca were dropped, I continued the diet I was on and continued to make gains, cause the diet and training were spot on (I did add primo to the end of cycle to cruise on).

Once your diet and training are spot on and your in a better position to add a compound to help keep your gains I suggest adding primobolan at the end of your cycle,, for example if your running 12 weeks of 500 mg of test and deca, then add primo at week 10 and plan on running that up into week 22 or more, with a low dose of test as a foundation,, u can even cut and lower body fat during that time and still maintain your gains--
note: the above advice is totally dependent on your stats, age, experience etc.. If your worried about recovery or you have a hard time recovering then this May not be good for you,, if your mid 30s like me, and on trt, then this would make better sense

Thanks Bro. Can you elaborate more on your cycle, such as dosage, pin frequency and how to do AI and PCT?
I was stupid that I purchased 3J's service and did't follow up with him. Now I regret it. When I am ready for my next cycle, I will definitely use him again.
I seemed to have recovered well from my first cycle. Plus I am over 40 so I am not too worried about recovery.

I don't think a 22 week cycle sounds like a good idea. Why would he want to continue suppressing his HPTA to only run a replacement dosage of test? Remember that he is not on TRT.

I don't think a 22 week cycle sounds like a good idea. Why would he want to continue suppressing his HPTA to only run a replacement dosage of test? Remember that he is not on TRT.

I agree it may not be good,, that's why I noted that in the post (depends on your individual situation).. It's really a personal choice and evaluation of your own risks on how long to run,, plenty of guys at 25 years old run test year round and blast and cruise diff cycles throughout the year (not saying it's a good idea,, just that it's a personal choice plenty of guys make).

Either way, personal choice aside, running primo for 12 weeks or more after a bulking cycle of say test and deca, would, IMO (and thru experience) help keep gains after the bulking cycle, continue to gain, while also being able to cut (if the diet is spot on).. The "replacement" level of test during the time of running the primo is just because test has to be there as the basis when running primo (he could run a higher dosage,, but after running 600 or so mg for 12-14 weeks,, dropping to 250 should be fine as the base for primo and letting the primo do its job) . Just my 2 cents

Thanks Bro. Can you elaborate more on your cycle, such as dosage, pin frequency and how to do AI and PCT?
I was stupid that I purchased 3J's service and did't follow up with him. Now I regret it. When I am ready for my next cycle, I will definitely use him again.
I seemed to have recovered well from my first cycle. Plus I am over 40 so I am not too worried about recovery.

My last cycle was just short of a year ago.. Off the top my head it looked like this

Weeks 1-5 - Test prop - 75 mg eod
Weeks 1-14 - test cyp - 600 mg a week
Weeks 1-14 - deca - 500 mg a week
Weeks 10-22 - primobolan 400 mg a week
Weeks 14-22 - test cyp 250 mg a week
Anastrozole .5 mg e3d
Hcg 500 iu a week

As for pin frequency- seemed like it was all the damn time (rotated thighs, gluteus, delts)

Note : no pct- on trt -- a cycle like this for someone not on trt is going to make recovery more difficult
Note: my goal for this cycle was to bulk and gain muscle up into week 14, then continue my clean bulk diet for a few more weeks, then cut down the calories a bit once the primo started kicking in in hopes of lowering bf % while keeping or even adding to my gains

Last edited:
Back