What do you do when your brain wont let you pin your quads???

jupiterlocal

I swear in the last year after hitting a nerve a couple times, I literally cant bring myself to pin my quads anymore.. I dont like delts, never tried lats, never tried anything really other than basic, ass, quads and delts. Just wondering if any of you guys go thru same shit at times?

Yeap, I just used to hold the needle for 15 minutes and right before wanting to inject I just couldnt pin it.

I put on some motivation youtube bodybuild videos and it helped me actually do it.
After a few succesfull pins I was fine again.

This whole life is mind over
discomfort,
pip,
soreness,
injuries,
stereotyping
dietary discipline

What gauge, length ml s etc.

I use 5/8 inch 25 gauge nd hit quads only. Never exceed 1.25-1.5 ml per pin but I do short estered low dose blasts. 4-6-8 weeks in duration. Off same. Bw --- repeat.

It s just your mind and fear of pain is one of the hardest hard wired auto responses we are born with - to avoid ; it s DNA thing.
But the brain can get used to anything. Quads are so convenient. Practice makes perfect. Just do it.

I recommend trying ventro glutes. I really hate pinning my quads I always seem to hit something painful.

When your old as dirt, screwed, pinned and stabled together w titanium and cadaever parts and u can t twist...pip is f n cake compared to say getting off the ground.

I swear in the last year after hitting a nerve a couple times, I literally cant bring myself to pin my quads anymore.. I dont like delts, never tried lats, never tried anything really other than basic, ass, quads and delts. Just wondering if any of you guys go thru same shit at times?

Are you pinning the lateral head of the quads only? Any where else will screw you up, and what ever you do, don't pin calves :(

poke said brain with a Q-tip

If I pin more to the outside of the leg I dont hit nerves, pin the top of my quad and my muscle starts twitching like a freak show

This ^^^ I agree. But also as said try more to the outside of your quad. I myself have a hard time with quads and don't like it so I just only go there when I have to for some rotation. Chest (pecs) is also an easy site to pin.

never done chest, freaks me out a bit, maybe one day. ever seen pulp fiction? aha

I feel most comfortable pinning quads than anything else maybe because it's so easy to reach and I can control my shaking more lol. I've only hit a nerve once and my muscle twitched which freaked me out. A few days ago I pinned 2.5 into my quad and all was good until I pulled the pin out, I had pierced a vein on my way in so as soon as I removed the needle blood was gushing out

never done chest, freaks me out a bit, maybe one day. ever seen pulp fiction? aha

No about the pulp fiction, but man I thought chest was going to be this big deal. I wait until I was doing some water base prop in where I use a 25G 5/8" and it was a piece of cake really. Shoulders have become my favorite.

Pork chop try chest one day ya know just fvckin do it :biggthump and let me/us know :wavey:

PS: op try going more to the outside and as I said to pork chop about his chest, just do it. I mean look at where you're gonna go and DO NOT hesitate , make up your mind BEFORE hand and just stab all the way pain or no pain. DO NOT aspirate. Good luck

Last edited:
I tried the ventro today. I sat and was concerened I would miss the muscle. But I did it, hit the muscle, very little feeling in it. I will use this location when my ass is swolen, as long as PIP isnt a killer tomorrow. So far I am happy, easy to do, you can sit, and no twitching like the quads. lol..

Back