What do you mix your protein powder with?

What do you mix your protein powder with?

• Water

Votes: 123 42.4%
  • Skim Milk

Votes: 72 24.8%
  • 1% Milk

Votes: 25 8.6%
  • 2% Milk

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • Other

Votes: 31 10.7%

• Total voters
Sometimes water, sometimes skim milk, sometimes whole milk, and sometimes white grape juice. It all depends on what I'm doing or about to be doing, and what I'm having it with.

That "milk is for babies" shit is dumb.. think about it.. what are the 2 main things that cows consume to grow? Milk and grass. I have a feeling grass isn't very macro-nutrient dence. If milk is all cows need to grow.. why shouldn't we use it to grow as well?

LMAO. Maybe it's just because I'm from Iowa. I've never seen a cow drink milk and probably never will, no matter where I go. Cows eat hay, straw, corn, grain, pasture grass, and other vitamins & minerals that farmers feed them. Only baby cows drink milk (these are known as calves).

That said, I drink my whey with milk, unless I'm cutting. I don't think milk is a good thing for cutting. I also don't use milk in my post-workout shake either. For that I would use grape juice, other juice, gatorade mix, maltodextrin, or plain dextrose.

BTW, no flame intended about the cow thing;)

Depends on the protein shake I'm using... If it's fruity than water, if not then water again:D

Sometimes I mix it with :

3 scoops of powder (42 grams of proteins)
1 banana
Rasberie Jam
peanuts
cream
chocolat
milk 3,25%

Gredavcox... everytime I see your avatar, it puts me in a trance. it's extremely hypnotic, you know!

:wiggle:

Last edited:
If I have the P/P alone then I use only water but every day I consume at least three of my favourite protein concoctions.

You have to trust me on this one, I promise it tastes good.

1 can tuna
1 banana
1 nectarine or plum
1pot low fat yogurt
30g protien powder
1 table spoon of omega oil blend
1-2 measures of sugar free cordial

Wash and mash the tuna in a seive under running water to remove the tuna smell:- this is important, dont just put the tuna in the blender as it will end up smelling and tasting of tuna!

Place in the blender with the cordial and blend until as runny as poss.

Add the rest of the ingredients and blend for long enough to get the consistency of a smoothy.

Serve chilled...you wont taste the tuna, believe me :)

Try it and let me know

why does everyone hate milk? i use water right now cause i use nectar protein and that would just taste weird in milk...but i try and drink around 8 cups of milk a day... 2%....thats an extra 80g protein...and if your trying to bulk...who cares about the sugar?

I usually just mix it with good ol’ H2O or some juice. As for milk I can't cuz lactose and and lots of protein makes me fart like crazy. So sometimes I use lactose free milk, that way I don’t kill anyone with the fumes.:fart:

Last edited:
Milk is for babies...baby cows. Its good for a snack, but the lactose makes the body flush its intestines before the protien can be digested completely. Alot of protien gets wasted. It still tastes better though.

My pick was for water because I am doing a minimal carb diet. But if I am just doing a regular diet, I mix everything in fat free milk.

chocolate protein powder, banana, a big scoop of peanut butter, skim milk, and some ice....its very good

Back