What does natural test equal to in TRT?

cajun

Strange question or how I worded it I know. But what I mean is, I recently had my test levels tested. Came back at 559ng Not really low though I know. BUT my libido as compared to even 5 years ago is Wayyyyyyyy down So my question is two parts, would 559 be low for ME? As in was it 10 years ago 1100? And also, now, what is the equivalent amount of test a week to basically be above that level. ie.... 200mg a week is equal to 750ng ect. I should also preface this buy saying that 10 years ago I had a stack of 500 of test and 300 of EQ and felt like a god. But size was my main goal then and now it is libido AND keeping the muscle mass that I have.. Which is down 20lbs from then natural. That also explains my join date :D

Any ideas guys?

CAJUN <> I can't bring much to the conversation, but I can confidently say it's not so black & white. How your body metabolizes the hormones may be different than mine, and there are many variables even as simple as to administration schedule (i.e, 2x week,1x week, e3d, etc). 100mg a week may yield different TT in you than in me. Effects of AI, incorparation of HCG, etc., etc., etc.

How do you know your low libido is T related?
Have you had a sleep study done?
Are you on any prescription meds?
Hows your diet?
Wheres the rest of your bloodwork?
- SHBG
-LH
-FSH
-Prolactin
-Estradiol
-vit. D
Etc etc...

Don't forget just fixate on Test.

Are you taking any kind of SSRI's that can affect libido? Your TT now is right smack in the middle of the range so you fall in the normal category, there are many of us that wished we could have that level naturally. You will not find anyone that will put you on TRT with test levels like that, there are 101 things that can affect libido, you might want to consider seeing a urologist.

to try to answer your question as simply as possible. it will vary from person to person because everyone processes testosterone at different rates. from my experience my levels dont get as high as most. for example 200mg test cyp per week (split 100mg 2X a week) gets me to a peak of around 1200ng/dL whereas it puts most closer to 1500ng/dL (from what i've seen/read). A ballpark range to keep you in normal levels would be probably 80-125 mg/wk. Thats about as narrow as i can get because everyone's different.

to try to answer your question as simply as possible. it will vary from person to person because everyone processes testosterone at different rates. from my experience my levels dont get as high as most. for example 200mg test cyp per week (split 100mg 2X a week) gets me to a peak of around 1200ng/dL whereas it puts most closer to 1500ng/dL (from what i've seen/read). A ballpark range to keep you in normal levels would be probably 80-125 mg/wk. Thats about as narrow as i can get because everyone's different.

That would put me at 1600 ng/dl

70 mg E3D (2 days from shot) had me at 1277 ng/dl TT.
I was dosing 700 mg/month. Your protocol is 800 mg/month.

Big time!

He wants to enhance libido though....lol
Just listing some more hormones for him to test.
Liver plays a role in everything though. True.

Liver does majorly effect the libido. My TRT is pretty dialed in - good T and E levels, but my libido is still practically non existent due to issues with my liver.

Hey y'all, thanks for the help so far. But to answer Some Questions. I am 37 and my last AAS was in 2004. No sleep study's done.

I take a Multi, 600mg of fish oil twice a day, a 325 aspirin, and a Iron Pill. That's it. I eat clean as in my day consist of the same stuff. Meat, nuts, little bread, eggs, bacon, whey. Everrrrrry day. The same thing basically. But I'm ok with that.

Here are my results.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...A-A582-47F5-B06D-D212953CBC4D_zps2kgnzpzj.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...4-B6F5-400A-AB52-E9C8D3570907_zpsxlfvdaol.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...C-CC7D-4977-9CF8-E3E8B6589361_zpszyuujzhg.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...C-CC7D-4977-9CF8-E3E8B6589361_zpszyuujzhg.png

How do you know your low libido is T related? I don't
Have you had a sleep study done? No
Are you on any prescription meds? No
Hows your diet? Good but could use less carbs and more protein
Wheres the rest of your bloodwork? See below.
- SHBG
-LH
-FSH
-Prolactin
-Estradiol
-vit. D
Etc etc...

Don't forget just fixate on Test.

I'm not thinking I have any of those. But I listed all that I had done. Looking those up they all seem to be Hormone related for a very specific reason. TRT. My question is what type of doctor are you going to? A Anti-aging clinic?

Cajun, while I am no expert, I believe some of the people on this forum are a bit harsh in their comments. I was 46 when I started TRT and had a T of 576...all other test results were good....and actually 576 is also considered good at that age. Upon posting the results I received several answers similar to yours...that only a quack doctor would recommend TRT therapy.

While I understand many people on here say these are good results and they would be happy to have them naturally...and some are happy with this level after treatment....but for me I had no libido, was always tired, and had lost a lot of muscle mass (although to be fair I did take up running more and less weights.) I found an anti-aging clinic and discussed with the doctor. He clearly said everyone is different and while my T may be normal for some, it may be low for me. He recommended I try 50mg every 3.5 days. I have been doing this for a year now and will tell you that my libido is great now....probably not as high as it was when I was in my 20's but I think I was abnormally high back then. By the way, I have never done any enhancement drugs prior. I am now also a bit less fatigued and the muscle is clearly coming back. I have not changed anything else (diet, exercise, etc.) I get blood tests every 2 months and now my low to high range is about 850-1200. This seems perfect for me and has once again given me back an important part of my life. By the way I also take no AI.

To summarize, I think everyone is different and the actual numbers are good guidelines but not the whole story. There are doctors that understand this and will work with you to find the right balance.

Last edited:
There are so many things that can affect libido, messing with you hormones by injecting Test when you do not really know what is causing your low libido is just stupid. You are asking for trouble!

Back