What dosage of clomid should I take?

AlphaDawg

Ok, some context. 22 years old, 6"0 and 180 pounds. I went on an ostarine cycle in the summer. I pushed it a little bit and went on helladrol for about a week immediately after but I felt too shutdown so I stopped. I went on clomid and nolva for PCT but I reacted with huge anxiety and depression for whatever reason. It was in liquid form and tasted disgusting.

Anyways I got my test back up through an AI. I had no reactions to it but I got my libid back and I'm able to get erections no problems. I want to go on clomid to try and boost my test. Bloodwork show it is above the bare minimum, which to a doctor signifies it's okay, but I'm a 22 year old male and it should be better. So I found a guy that sells tabs of 50mg clomid. What dosage and how many days should I take?

Wheres your TT levels sitting now? Did you check LH and FSH?

Just to give you an idea, I recently used Clomid for the same purpose and here are my results:

Before:
Test - 522ng/dl
Lh - 6 iu/L
Fsh - 3 iu/L

With Clomid:
Test - 894ng/dl
Lh - 20 iu/L
Fsh - 9 iu/L
E2 - 190p/mol

That was on 50mg daily... Which I feel is a bit of an overkill. I'd go for 25mg daily or even M W F. It's pretty kickass stuff. Just make sure your getting bloods coz e2 can skyrocket pretty quick.

Also, I seem to remember you reacted badly to Clomid. Give Torem a try.

Wheres your TT levels sitting now? Did you check LH and FSH?

Just to give you an idea, I recently used Clomid for the same purpose and here are my results:

Before:
Test - 522ng/dl
Lh - 6 iu/L
Fsh - 3 iu/L

With Clomid:
Test - 894ng/dl
Lh - 20 iu/L
Fsh - 9 iu/L
E2 - 190p/mol

That was on 50mg daily... Which I feel is a bit of an overkill. I'd go for 25mg daily or even M W F. It's pretty kickass stuff. Just make sure your getting bloods coz e2 can skyrocket pretty quick.

Also, I seem to remember you reacted badly to Clomid. Give Torem a try.

I reacted bad to both. I might do 50mg M W F because it only comes in tabs of 50mg.

You're 22. You will likely recover fine with time alone.
Why not try a natty T booster if clomid and torem, etc. all give you bad sides?
Spend $70 on 2 bottles of halotropin from mrsupps. Double up on that for 2-3 weeks then take as directed till you run out (another 3-4 weeks). It's a good formula, the only thing I don't like is that it's a proprietary formula, so you can't see how much of each ingredient is in it.

I should add that even before my cycle of Ostarine and Heladrol my test was kind of low. I always lethargic and irritated throughout the day so I was hoping clomid would help me out with that.

You're 22. You will likely recover fine with time alone.
Why not try a natty T booster if clomid and torem, etc. all give you bad sides?
Spend $70 on 2 bottles of halotropin from mrsupps. Double up on that for 2-3 weeks then take as directed till you run out (another 3-4 weeks). It's a good formula, the only thing I don't like is that it's a proprietary formula, so you can't see how much of each ingredient is in it.

I wouldn't count on time fixing it. Alot of people never recover on their own. Also, natty T boosters are usually pretty crap. Nothing is better at boosting test than Clomid/Torem. That's why SERMs are always prescribed for hypo treatment instead of natty boosters. They just arent effective enough.

If I was you OP I'd stick to low dose clomid, possibly coupled with an AI. May just have to put up with the sides for four weeks or so. Better than low T.

I wouldn't count on time fixing it. Alot of people never recover on their own. Also, natty T boosters are usually pretty crap. Nothing is better at boosting test than Clomid/Torem. That's why SERMs are always prescribed for hypo treatment instead of natty boosters. They just arent effective enough.

If I was you OP I'd stick to low dose clomid, possibly coupled with an AI. May just have to put up with the sides for four weeks or so. Better than low T.

He's 22, not 42. Time would likely fix it, although in this particular case he did say that even before he ever cycled his T was low.

Did you see the part where he posted that SERMs give him nasty sides? That's why I suggested natural T Boosters. They aren't all crap. But thanks for the lesson.

Maybe you should read his posts again. If the sides are bad for him, why not try something different? You just have it in your head that all natty supps suck. If they suck for you, fine. Not everyone is you.

I found out I had low T at age 34. My doctor put me on 50mg a day and after a year cut it back to 25mg. It raised my T levels but clomid has sides which depresses mood/drive. If it works for you it will put your natural testosterone production into over drive. You have to watch your E levels with it as well.

He's 22, not 42. Time would likely fix it, although in this particular case he did say that even before he ever cycled his T was low.

Did you see the part where he posted that SERMs give him nasty sides? That's why I suggested natural T Boosters. They aren't all crap. But thanks for the lesson.

Maybe you should read his posts again. If the sides are bad for him, why not try something different? You just have it in your head that all natty supps suck. If they suck for you, fine. Not everyone is you.

Exactly. He is 22, that makes it more difficult to bounce back. Especially considering he already had low T. Yeah I did see that, but theres really no alternative. I'm sorry but I have to disagree, natty T boosters are useless for hypogonadism and/or PCT. Thats not my opinion, thats a fact.

Unfortunate that he gets sides but in terms of health just sticking it out for a while may do him a world of good. Something like Austinites protocol which isn't all that long (clomid M W F for 3 months, wait 6 weeks and test blood) would be a great idea. A lot of people get sides from SERMs, doesn't mean they shouldn't be used.

Aren't you the guy that was advising people testosterone isn't necessary in another thread?

I found out I had low T at age 34. My doctor put me on 50mg a day and after a year cut it back to 25mg. It raised my T levels but clomid has sides which depresses mood/drive. If it works for you it will put your natural testosterone production into over drive. You have to watch your E levels with it as well.

Completely agreed. Keeping a close eye on e2 can help minimize the sides (and help recovery.)

After reading a couple of your posts, you really don't know what your talking about! It's unfortunate too considering how long you have been here. Neg rep for you...

Exactly. He is 22, that makes it more difficult to bounce back. Especially considering he already had low T. Yeah I did see that, but theres really no alternative. I'm sorry but I have to disagree, natty T boosters are useless for hypogonadism and/or PCT. Thats not my opinion, thats a fact.

Unfortunate that he gets sides but in terms of health just sticking it out for a while may do him a world of good. Something like Austinites protocol which isn't all that long (clomid M W F for 3 months, wait 6 weeks and test blood) would be a great idea. A lot of people get sides from SERMs, doesn't mean they shouldn't be used.

Aren't you the guy that was advising people testosterone isn't necessary in another thread?

Really? It is more difficult to recover from a cycle at 22 than 42? Man, I must be an anomaly. Many others I know in real life and from the boards too. Next thing you'll tell me is that it is much easier for a 42 year old to recover from a night of hard drinking than it is for a 22 year old to recover.

In PCT I absolutely advocate the use of SERMs, and I also recommend people run a longer PCT than clomid and/or nolva for 4 weeks. I usually recommend running drugs for at least 6 weeks and usually during the last 2 weeks of that, starting a T booster for another ~6 weeks or so. I don't recommend a non-drug PCT as you are insinuating. You would probably have no idea of that, but it's easy to jump to unfounded conclusions.

You say it is Fact that natty T Boosers are useless? Please provide the facts. Because studies have been done...let's just pick one supp...tongkat ali (TA). In one study of 63 (human) subjects, TA was shown to reduce cortisol (***8722;16% compared to placebo) following TA supplementation (200***8201;mg/day for 4***8201;weeks), and increase testosterone (+37% compared to placebo). Here's a link: JISSN | Full text | Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects Of course many rat and mice studies have been performed too. I'm just too tired at this point to go look for them all. Besides you are the one who said it is a fact that they don't work. So you can prove your point now.

I agree with you that a drug protocol would be a great idea for most users. And yes, many people get sides from Clomid. I personally don't like it and prefer Nolvadex. Usually people don't get horrible sides from all SERMs though, as OP has made it seem he does. But here we are in typical steroid board fashion, telling him to ignore that and man up and throw more drugs at it.

I did not "advise" anyone that testosterone is not necessary. Again you take a statement and stretch and twist it to suit your purpose. I simply said testosterone is not always necessary. It depends on one's goals. If one is getting close to a contest it is not uncommon to drop test completely in the weeks prior. I'm on TRT, I'd say that makes it obvious that I think Test is necessary. But cycling or blasting is not TRT. And for the purposes of bodybuilding, test is not always necessary.

After reading a couple of your posts, you really don't know what your talking about! It's unfortunate too considering how long you have been here. Neg rep for you...

a couple posts? LOL! Don't hurt yourself there bud.

It's ok. I haven't bothered to read any of your posts that I recall. None have stuck out to me anyway as being memorable. But seeing you make a statement like this makes me not interested in reading them anyway. It's unfortunate too, considering the short little time span you've been here. Not even worth hitting the neg rep button. :)

U did advise somebody that there are plenty of compounds they could take that doesn't require test. We're all still waiting to hear more about it!!!

U did advise somebody that there are plenty of compounds they could take that doesn't require test. We're all still waiting to hear more about it!!!

I wasn't advising anyone to take or not to take anything in that thread. I simply answered a question. Man, you need to work on comprehension. Or maybe you just like to fight on the internet. You're pretty argumentative, aren't you?

and lol @ you guys and your "neg reps" oh no!

Really? It is more difficult to recover from a cycle at 22 than 42? Man, I must be an anomaly. Many others I know in real life and from the boards too. Next thing you'll tell me is that it is much easier for a 42 year old to recover from a night of hard drinking than it is for a 22 year old to recover.

In PCT I absolutely advocate the use of SERMs, and I also recommend people run a longer PCT than clomid and/or nolva for 4 weeks. I usually recommend running drugs for at least 6 weeks and usually during the last 2 weeks of that, starting a T booster for another ~6 weeks or so. I don't recommend a non-drug PCT as you are insinuating. You would probably have no idea of that, but it's easy to jump to unfounded conclusions.

You say it is Fact that natty T Boosers are useless? Please provide the facts. Because studies have been done...let's just pick one supp...tongkat ali (TA). In one study of 63 (human) subjects, TA was shown to reduce cortisol (***8722;16% compared to placebo) following TA supplementation (200***8201;mg/day for 4***8201;weeks), and increase testosterone (+37% compared to placebo). Here's a link: JISSN | Full text | Effect of Tongkat Ali on stress hormones and psychological mood state in moderately stressed subjects Of course many rat and mice studies have been performed too. I'm just too tired at this point to go look for them all. Besides you are the one who said it is a fact that they don't work. So you can prove your point now.

I agree with you that a drug protocol would be a great idea for most users. And yes, many people get sides from Clomid. I personally don't like it and prefer Nolvadex. Usually people don't get horrible sides from all SERMs though, as OP has made it seem he does. But here we are in typical steroid board fashion, telling him to ignore that and man up and throw more drugs at it.

I did not "advise" anyone that testosterone is not necessary. Again you take a statement and stretch and twist it to suit your purpose. I simply said testosterone is not always necessary. It depends on one's goals. If one is getting close to a contest it is not uncommon to drop test completely in the weeks prior. I'm on TRT, I'd say that makes it obvious that I think Test is necessary. But cycling or blasting is not TRT. And for the purposes of bodybuilding, test is not always necessary.

It is much more difficult to recover when the HPTA isn't fully developed; I would know, I'm on clomid because years ago I cycled too early aswell. I agree its harder to recover the older you get, I never said it isn't. What I stated was that the OP being 22, and not fully developed, likely would have a harder time recovering than an older fully developed male. A fully developed 25yo for example would likely on average bounce back better than a 42yo.

For someone that likes to pick on comprehension, you've misread my statement again. I said "natty T boosters are useless for hypogonadism and/or PCT." Not just entirely useless, although I'd personally never waste my money on any seeing as Clomid gives me far superior results than any natty T booster (upwards of 170% of baseline TT.)

Whilst I'm totally open to being persuaded, the study you provided doesn't even support your arguement.
A) It was conducted on "stressed" subjects, with above normal cortisol levels. Higher cortisol in itself can lower T.
B) It showed no increase in TT. The increase you stated was seen in free T, likely via lowering SHBG. Not much use to the OP considering he already has low TT. If he had decent TT levels and low freeT it may help. Not the case.
C) A 37% increase is relatively minimal when compared to SERM therapy.
D) SERM therapy can stimulate the HPTA into functioning on its own at a higher level even after cessation. Whatever benefits the TA gives would only last whilst supplementing.

Also, perhaps you should pay more attention when giving out advice then. As you said in that thread you were tired/not paying attention and thats why you didn't explain your meaning very well, obviously why everybody interpretted it differently than what you apparently meant to say. I'm not twisting anything, rather was just quizzing you about it which I think is fair enough given you weren't very clear.

Lastly, this is a science based forum and everyones welcome to their opinion and the right to debate it. I'm more than happy to debate our difference of opinion but please leave the attitude out.. I even apologised for correcting you the first time. No need to get precious.

Last edited:
Back