What is the competitive advantage in baseball?

StevenTae

Hey guys.... Just sitting here reading a bunch of discussions on the internet about how aas has ruined baseball.

I have my own opinions on how AAS can affect a baseball players abilities but most come down to recovery and being able to stay strong during a 162 game season.

My feeling is that steroids still can't make you hit a round ball with a round bat. Steroids can't make you hit the strike zone or improve the break in a breaking ball.

Yes perhaps a power hitter on can add a few extra feet on a homer (315 foot fly out may travel an extra couple of feet for homerun).

Just for pure discussion purposes, what are your opinions on, "Roids has destroyed Baseball"?

take it from a guy with 1 eye. you hit with your eyes and hands. there is not a steroid in the world that can improve that. you can be the strongest mofo in the world if you have a terrible swing your done. now as far as conditioning goes im sure it helps alot. my son is playing now at a high level hes a slender well built young man. (natural) he is doing well.

Steroids help you with ANYTHING that's physical, and they help drastically. You won't where out nearly as soon if you are constantly in motion, like a sport. You will feel strong the whole time whatever it is your doing. There are other things that are there also. It's a complete LIE that steroids are just icing on the cake or just help a little. I welcome performance enhancing in all sports :jump:

Steroids help you with ANYTHING that's physical, and they help drastically. You won't where out nearly as soon if you are constantly in motion, like a sport. You will feel strong the whole time whatever it is your doing. There are other things that are there also. It's a complete LIE that steroids are just icing on the cake or just help a little. I welcome performance enhancing in all sports :jump:

really so tell me do you think tren will help a track star or a football player.

My feeling is that steroids still can't make you hit a round ball with a round bat. Steroids can't make you hit the strike zone or improve the break in a breaking ball.

Yes perhaps a power hitter on can add a few extra feet on a homer (315 foot fly out may travel an extra couple of feet for homerun).

This pretty much sums it up. Steroids can't make you something that you're not. But when used wisely, they can help you become more of what you already are.

I'm a bit bitter about the hype over steroids in baseball. The baseball "scandals" are the worst when it comes to the media blowing things way out of proportion and giving gear a bad name.

Massive debate about steroids in sports as performance enhancing, yet nothing is said about things like laser eye surgery which in games like baseball would be a hell of a lot more beneficial than just being bigger and stronger.

Obviously anyone that is already skilled and playing at the top level regardless of sport their are drugs out there that will boost your performance, be it strength, speed, endurance etc.

Well I think that the key here is durability. If I heal faster I stay healthier. If I am healthy I can play at 100% of my capacity more often. When you sit back and think about it its hard to say roids can't help. I do not think they make you more agile or faster... stronger yes. But once again wanna hit on the point that these ppl are pro cause they are the best not cause they are on roids. It's all about recovery... in a nutshell that is why we all use too is it not?

Tiger Woods had laser eye surgery and now he can see better which helps alot when you're on a putting green but it's ok for him to do something "unnatural" to make him a better golfer but bonds gets put on the stand for doing something that makes him a more powerful hitter. Doesn't make sense to me.

Back