What is the most effective Chest building exercise?

Beast_19_301 said:
ya slobber is right. Your not going to get defintion doing a certain excercise. A diet and cardio will get you defintion(dropping bodyfat).

My own opion if you do dips do them, wide grip. Since that isn't a option i'm going to say dumbell bench. I think the add more mass to the pecs then barbell. At least for me.

I have found the contrary...you can shape and define a muscle by using more reps and exercises that isolate that muscle..

for chest, you are not going to put on mass (to me mass is sizeable thick muscle) by using the pec deck..

you can however develope straitions (sp) and definatly help shape (define) the chest that way...

i feel barbells are a great exercise for doing both if done correctly...also, how many 250 pound or 280 pound dumbells do you see in the gym..in most gyms they go to 160 and that about does it...

using barbells, you can control where you do the m ovement to hit target areas on the chest, smae as you would for say cable crossovers...

on the barbell bench, you utilize more tri and back and shoulders then you do chest, but you can also blow the weight up and build nice mass by positioning the hands differently...

i have seen many bros at the gym, either on gear or off, that do no cardio and only pay attention to their diet, not....

they do however do a ton of shaping exercises like cable crossovers, pec deck, wide dumbell flies etc...

and from the bb's at my gym, they while off cycle or post show, do a ton of power movements..as in flat barbell benching, deads squats etc...and no dumbells etc...but on a cut cycle or pre show, they hammer the shaping movements..and yes they diet..cardio etc will cut away at the fat around the muscle etc...but you can burn fat off of a non shaped muscle and it still looks like junk..

IMO

E

If done correctly you don't need that heavy of dumbells. I know A-rod uses alot of Dumbells and same with me.
Y b/c i feel they better stimulate the muscle. I can get a better "pump" in my chest with dumbells then I can with barbell.
Everyone has different genetic codes.EX) I can do just do dumbell press and get great results, but with other people they might need to do some flys so the better stimulate there pecs and some incline press.

Ya you could not do any cardio and just fix your diet, yes you could lose weight, but yes it would take longer.

IMO power movements are the best thing too do. How many small powerlifters are there? I'm sure your answer is going to be none.

Too many people rely on those fancy machines too make you look and feel better. Ya sure they can, but you can never get the same results as with freeweights.

IMO

Beast over and out

dumbell flies & dumbell presses
That's just where I feel I get the best gains for me.
I realy suck at barbell work !!!!

Someone asked "what`s the diference beetween a PL and a BB workout?" , it should not be too diferent , maybe the powerlifters would have to do some upper, middle back work and some side delt exercises and that`s about it , ther main diference is ther bf% levels , bb worry about taht come contest time and powerlifters take advantage of extra bodyfat to lift bigger weights .

If you take mostr powerlifter and strip them of their bodyfat they will look good , trust me low reps heavy weights build muscle mass at a faster rate than a slow speed lighter bodybuilding workout .

A-rod said:
Someone asked "what`s the diference beetween a PL and a BB workout?" , it should not be too diferent , maybe the powerlifters would have to do some upper, middle back work and some side delt exercises and that`s about it , ther main diference is ther bf% levels , bb worry about taht come contest time and powerlifters take advantage of extra bodyfat to lift bigger weights .

If you take mostr powerlifter and strip them of their bodyfat they will look good , trust me low reps heavy weights build muscle mass at a faster rate than a slow speed lighter bodybuilding workout .

i disagree bro, I know powerlifters who look like cardio bunnies who could outlift anyone on this board in comparison to bodyweight, they in no way shape or form look like a bodybuilder with more fat.
I do see what you are getting at though.

Last edited:
Back