What is your definition of PIP (Post Inject Pain)? what does it mean to you?

I think that in recent days the UGL's are getting to make their blends more smooth. I don't know anything as to how. Some years ago you could almost count on the Prop having a sting / PIP and the blends with the short esters to have a bit of discomfort.

However in recent days it isn't a rule as much as it was. I know now that my PIP this past year or two has only to do with my injecting technique. IE: if I do 2-1/2 mLs in a 23G needle I tend to get shaky waiting on the oil to move thru. Hence a 22G as I had said.

So the point I make is for me it's all about steadiness of hand and length of time the needle is in my body and my smooth to not, technique.

I really do not think much about it. As often as we stab ourselves, I believe it comes with the territory. Lets face it our bodies do not like being pierced with a needle. We weren't made to be a needle cushion. :Pat:

I think that in recent days the UGL's are getting to make their blends more smooth. I don't know anything as to how. Some years ago you could almost count on the Prop having a sting / PIP and the blends with the short esters to have a bit of discomfort.

However in recent days it isn't a rule as much as it was. I know now that my PIP this past year or two has only to do with my injecting technique. IE: if I do 2-1/2 mLs in a 23G needle I tend to get shaky waiting on the oil to move thru. Hence a 22G as I had said.

So the point I make is for me it's all about steadiness of hand and length of time the needle is in my body and my smooth to not, technique.

I really do not think much about it. As often as we stab ourselves, I believe it comes with the territory. Lets face it our bodies do not like being pierced with a needle. We weren't made to be a needle cushion. :Pat:
well said, thanks!

normal pip 1-2 days after shot, injection issue thats NOT pip 3-5 days after shot and lasting for about a week , it happens but its crystallization IMO. if you get pain from the da of pinnin and days latwr its the same and/or getting worse than i would question.
sometimes you just get a bad shot, but still if you have a few shots from same gear and its pain from day one to week 2 then i would toss it IMO

I think it has a lot to do with the gear. My pharmacy test has never given me any PIP. UGL from our beloved board sponsors gives me just enough I can tell I got a shot there. My first UGL was from a really popular and shitty source that I won't name, it fucking hurt bad enough I couldn't walk right for a couple days.

The only time I get it much anymore is when I try inject my glutes myself and wiggle that needle around. Never look in the mirror while your giving yourself a shot in the ass.

I think it has a lot to do with the gear. My pharmacy test has never given me any PIP. UGL from our beloved board sponsors gives me just enough I can tell I got a shot there. My first UGL was from a really popular and shitty source that I won't name, it fucking hurt bad enough I couldn't walk right for a couple days.

The only time I get it much anymore is when I try inject my glutes myself and wiggle that needle around. Never look in the mirror while your giving yourself a shot in the ass.
the only way ill pin glute is standing infront of a mirror, i cant imagine doing it without that... no way ! lol

some of worst pip was hg gear (more than 3 brands), oil soo thick maybe im not sure, but usually UGLs tend to have pip issue it seems. though good ugl usually has thinner oil and less pip imo

never had anyone give me my aas shots cept doc when first staring out.
give mirror a chance, you will get used to it.

I had serious Pip pretty much every time I pinned during my first cycle ever. I think it was a mix between virgin muscle and cruddy gear. Haven't used that company since..lol. Now i like it if i get pain from injecting. I'm sick like that I guess. But I wouldn't say i experience pip anymore.

Whenever I do it I get all fucked up and move stuff the wrong way. My tiny brain gets confused and tells me to fix it and then I move it further the wrong way.

ETA: I was responding JPC's comment in case that wasn't clear. I have since refined my technique...I just make the wife do it.

Last edited:
the only way ill pin glute is standing infront of a mirror, i cant imagine doing it without that... no way ! lol

some of worst pip was hg gear (more than 3 brands), oil soo thick maybe im not sure, but usually UGLs tend to have pip issue it seems. though good ugl usually has thinner oil and less pip imo

never had anyone give me my aas shots cept doc when first staring out.
give mirror a chance, you will get used to it.[/FONT
][/
QUOTE]

I know this is an older thread BUT..... AS described above no mirror needed. Where ever I pin.. I find the location (General) then I flex the muscle tight, feel the peek of the muscle flexed. Note it by touch or even finger nail And stab it. If you flex the muscle you will find it, the peak.

Note: it doesn't matter where you are pinning, Delt, pec, glute , calf etc if you feel the flexed muscle peak you will be right on...OK

Last edited:
I always get it the first pin or two when starting a new cycle. It definitely makes a difference when you pin a new muscle too. If it last more than a day or two, there are two possibilities. Your gear sucks or you are a pansy.

PS: NEVER use the same pin that you drawn from to poke yourself. The needle will be dull and have more potential to be unsanitized thus risking the possibility of PIP. If you can't afford another pin, give plasma and order more. ;)

The use is PIP is just lazy spell it out the new guys have no clue what they are reading when they see PIP.

I agree never use the same pin. 18g to draw an switch to 25g to inject.

The use is PIP is just lazy spell it out the new guys have no clue what they are reading when they see PIP.

I agree never use the same pin. 18g to draw an switch to 25g to inject.
They are like $6 a box. 18's chew up the stopper if you are a pussy and need more than dozen or so pulls out of it.

I found that stretching the skin and injecting a small amount of air at the end of the injection solves most pip issues. Although for some reason I'm always more likely to get PIP from my thighs than my pecs or deltoids.

the first time i pinned was in a high school locker room with a small gauge needle, and moved it all over the place as the oil took forever to get into my ass and arms and it was the middle of winter so it was cold.
i spent the next two weeks unable to move my arms and swollen ass cheek.

Back