What is your guys split when your 6-8 weeks out?

fatchops

I was just wondering what your guys training split looks like. I was thinking doing superset push and pull method. Well I am doing my first show so I need some help. What helps u guys?

I have never significantly changed my training before a contest. I might add more super sets or drop sets and because of the diet the amount of weight I'm using goes down but my split dosn't change much.

No change. My weights drop a bit and I have to deal with that... it can be devastating if you're not expecting.

I try to focus more on peak concentration to get the most out of each movement.

B

i definitely change it up.. i tend to do more compound full body sets with minimal rests and my weights are still challenging but not super heavy... HIT style works well to help rip up.. Cardio is also boosted to at least 5 days a week and then 3 or so weeks out, i put in double sessions... but that all depends on my my body is responding...

I really don't change a thing except go in during the AM for calves or abs & cardio.

Thanks felles much help.

How does this look.
Mon- back/bi's
Tue- Chest/tri's
wed-legs
thurs- delts/traps
fri-back
sat-arms

Or

mon- back/chest (superset)
Tue- Delts/traps
wed-legs
thur- arms
fri-back
sat- cardio
sun-cardio

Help me out felles

fatchops said:
mon- back/chest (superset)
Tue- Delts/traps
wed-legs
thur- arms
fri-back
sat- cardio
sun-cardio

Help me out felles

i like this one better.. compound sets will raise your heartrate in turn speeding up the metabolism and increased sweating to burn more fat...

why back twice a week?? and do you do calves with legs or seperate them?? Also i would give yourself a break in the muscle groups and substitute cardio.. ie: wednesday, i would do cardio and hold off on legs until thurs
2 on, 1 off, 2 on 1 off etc.. off days are cardio.. just a thought though :)

I kind of like the second one better to but I would split it up a little differently.
mon-back/chest
tue-delt/trap
wed-cardio or off
thurs-arms
fri-legs
sat-cardio
sun-cardio
Well now that I look at it I guess I just said about the same thing as supergirl.
So what she said.

I'm cardio ED and abs EOD 16 to 20 weeks (depending on my condition ;)) and workouts as follows:

Mon - Chest
Tues - Back (serratus)
Wed - Bi's and Tri's
Thurs - Quads/Calves
Fri - Hamstrings/delts (traps)
Sat - off
Sun - Chest (or off, depending on condition)

Back