What labs do you guys request when you get them done?

rinkerx

My Dr. has been advising me to get the following but I'm not sure its enough..? I just go to a normal family Dr. I switched from using a TRT mens clinic because of the cost.

Labs:

Testosterone total and free
metabolic panel
lipid panel
t4/t3
TSH

Any I'm missing or should request?

They were getting concerned with being on TRT and prostate cancer so they tried to advise me to go to an endo, Which I've been to the endo and they always want to change around my doses to raise or lower my
Free test for some reason? I tried to explain to them I've been on the same dose for roughly 6 years now and been totally fine, all labs good etc.

Estradiol (E2) is the big one missing.

OMG now aren't you just embarrassed you forgot one of the most important labs... :Pat: the Estradiol

:elephant: Hello , just kidding

You can get a sensitive assay as per male testing ranges and results. Sensitive assays cost a bit more then the basic female tests, however the female can be converted to male as to what we need. I myself will pay a few more bucks for the male sensitive. It's just a personal choice.

Good luck

OMM

Yeah, E2 is the single most important one - in terms of what's missing from your list, and in terms of effect on the prostate.

If they want to jack around with your doses based on prostate concerns I'd tell them to take a leap. If your E2 is high, well then that's a different story. I'd be concerned about that on several levels including prostate.

Definitely the Estradiol.

Touching on what "Oldmusclemike" said.

The Sensitive Estradiol is also known as the LC/MS Estradiol by some Labs.
If you aren't sure, just contact the lab, and they will tell you.............................. JP
P.S.
I get the Female Hormone Panel from PrivateMdLabs for Pre and Post-Cycle Bloodwork.

For Mid-Cycle I get the Hormone Panel with E-2 Sensitive, Prolactin, and Testosterone LC/MS.
This has the LC/MS or Sensitive Estradiol, and the Testosterone isn't Capped @ 1,500 Ng/dl like the Normal Serum Testosterone.
It's only $122.99 and you can get a 15% Off Promo Code for Online Orders on their Facebook Page.

Definitely the Estradiol.

Touching on what "Oldmusclemike" said.

The Sensitive Estradiol is also known as the LC/MS Estradiol by some Labs.
If you aren't sure, just contact the lab, and they will tell you.............................. JP
P.S.
I get the Female Hormone Panel from PrivateMdLabs for Pre and Post-Cycle Bloodwork.

For Mid-Cycle I get the Hormone Panel with E-2 Sensitive, Prolactin, and Testosterone LC/MS.
This has the LC/MS or Sensitive Estradiol, and the Testosterone isn't Capped @ 1,500 Ng/dl like the Normal Serum Testosterone.
It's only $122.99 and you can get a 15% Off Promo Code for Online Orders on their Facebook Page.

I browsed through and maybe I misunderstood but I found the e2 sensitive lab however its $179 and it doesn't come with prolactin or test lc/ms? The rest of the labs have e2 but it isn't sensitive?

Are you choosing a bundle that includes all of that? or you're saying that is the total after adding? I guess what I'm saying is I can't replicate those labs for $122

Last edited:
I browsed through and maybe I misunderstood but I found the e2 sensitive lab however its $179 and it doesn't come with prolactin or test lc/ms? The rest of the labs have e2 but it isn't sensitive?

Are you choosing a bundle that includes all of that? or you're saying that is the total after adding? I guess what I'm saying is I can't replicate those labs for $122

I sent this Link to you already ~ thanks for reaching out.

This is for everyone else, as I know that Negotiating PrivateMd's List of Tests can be Problematic............................ JP
P.S.
Hormone Panel with E-2 Sensitive, Progesterone and Testosterone LC/MS

https://www.privatemdlabs.com/lab_tests.php?view=category_result&show=3094&category=14&search=#3094

You are also missing LH and FSH. These are important before you go on TRT and if you are trying to come off and do a restart.

PSA, Cortisol, SHBG, Homocysteine, IGF-1 are all good tests as well.

Last edited:
You are also missing LH and FSH. These are important before you go on TRT and if you are trying to come off and do a restart.

PSA, Cortisol, SHBG, Homocysteine, IGF-1 are all good tests as .

LH and FSH are also included in the above Test.

Click on the Link, and you'll see all the Tests that you are getting................................. JP
P.S.
Plus you get a CBC w/Differential and a Comprehensive Metabolic Profile.

That's everything you need to make sure your Cycle isn't Running Off the Rails.

Back