What made up this guys physique?

My all time favourite pro - he was unbelievably strong for a 5'4 dude. I dont think I've ever seen a guy that tall be able to build that level of mass, power & conditioning.

If you look at his lifting numbers, frank was a legit strong guy who could easily have gone into olympic weightlifting, powerlifting or strongman before deciding to dedicate himself to bodybuilding.
He trained HARD and his max numbers for bench, deadlift, squat are amazing for someone his size.

I think his training played a big part in achieving the physique he did, most guys were doing high reps, feeling the pump type stuff. He was doing 5x5s with heavy weights and aiming to get stronger, knowing that muscle growth comes along with strength gains.

One of the greatest of all time.

Last edited:
awesome physique . This is my favourite kind of physique . Where the waist is still small . but not too mosterous . more on the aesthetic side

awesome physique . This is my favourite kind of physique . Where the waist is still small . but not too mosterous . more on the aesthetic side

I always looked at this guy and felt amazed..

It's like he grew some biceps on his upper chest..

A non forgettable old timer

dark wing, Columbo was a freaking monster despite being vertically challenged. he did have wicked detailed cuts even separation between his upper and lower chest. check him out in pumping iron and you'll see what I mean..:)

Pumping iron should be recquired viewing. I may be biased but I like the "old guard" guy s better than the big he man doll s come to life of today.

I am not bashing the work they put in by any means. But Franco, Arnold Zane...those were the guy s I tried to emulate. And the Mentzer brothers s well..

Milton, you gonna answer your question or leave us hanging.... or was it designed as an open ended question seeking to pull opinions from us ?

I may be biased but I like the "old guard" guy s better than the big he man doll s come to life of today.

I am not bashing the work they put in by any means. But Franco, Arnold Zane...those were the guy s I tried to emulate. And the Mentzer brothers s well..
?

Totally agreed man..

Those are the guys of the real primo generation :)

no one is arnold... arnold was something else..

i know guys today like phil are much bigger.. but arnold had a symmetry and the perfect bodybuilding look.. he didn't look "freaky"

Sorry for the bad spelling, its all Siri's fault. These are great responses, as I was watching a movie with Arnold, "Last Action Hero" and in it it said that it was directed by Frank Columbo and it got me thinking about the old day bodybuilders.

While Arnold was in a class all his own, I'm a Frank Zane fan personally. That man's physique was unreal. If he wasn't such a dick to me when I met him, I'd talk about what a great guy he was too...

one of my faves!!!!!
im not too tall myself, prob why i love this guy soo much'! hes in my top 3 fore sure! too bad he didnt stick with it....

he was also a national boxing champ in his country, albeit Sardinia, not exactly a breeding ground for boxers, still pretty impressive. :)

While Arnold was in a class all his own, I'm a Frank Zane fan personally. That man's physique was unreal. If he wasn't such a dick to me when I met him, I'd talk about what a great guy he was too...

Who was a dick? Arnold or frank? I know Arnold was a dick

Back