What made you go to the gym?

John"Zane"Ching

Hello guys! I've been wondering, What made your guys go to the gym? Were you motivated? Were you challenged? Do you want to compete? What?

For me, I was inspired when I went with my friend on his body-building competition. He's on the novice category. I was in awe to see huge guys flexing and posing. Then my gym days began when my friend won the novice and overall! Yeah, he was thin but he's the only guy there with cuts, and I MEAN DEEP CUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then came my first gym experience without any knowledge about it. I worked everything and the next day I cursed body-building for such. But as time goes by, I became an addict. I was addicted to iron!

The other reason why I body-build is bec I want to join next year in a body-building competition here on our village. It's really just a simple competition and I want some experience and I really really really enjoy posing!

A) Football. I had to work out for that, and it sort of grew on me during all the offseason workouts and stuff.

B) I used to be a fat f*cker, and I never want to look like that again.

My boyfriend at the time was a competitive bodybuilder and always in the gym. I didn't really want to workout but if I wanted to spend time with him it was what I had to do.

Now years later he is gone but I'm still in the gym. I couldn't imagine my life without it.

well if your asking me i now weight 220 at 6'2, (after only a year and half of training i might add!) but right now i'm a lean 208 for the summer time.

I was a skinny bitch, too. I ran cross country my entire life, so there I sat, my senior year of highschool, 150 Lbs at 6'.

I've come up a ways, I'm 195 at a decent bodyfat, right now (probably under 13% as a conservative measure)

My father, he always worked out 3 nights a week when i was little and i could never go, now, i can double any of his lifts, lol, time flies

I was the opposite of most of you...I went into HS weighing 185-190 at barely 5'1"...we had to run a lot my FROSH year...and the next year I took weight training...always wanted to be bigger than my brother in law.......and I vowed that I would never be a lard ass again....now I'm 5'9' at about 218....but I'm on a bulking cycle right now...so that's bound to go up.....

My fiancee was always telling me that I would look really good if I was bigger. I was always muscular but skinny, I started going to the gym and now I am hooked. I do it for myself, but my fiancee really appreciates it so that is extra motivation.

Back